Is Vander Eshe to Edmunds the same as Juju to Zay

Teddy KGB

On 12/2/2018 at 5:40 AM, BullBuchanan said:

He didn't start because he was behind all pro Sean Lee. Tremaine Edmunds was battling it out with Julian Stanford.

He was drafted to be a safety net for their defense for when Lee got hurt and eventually replace him. Edmunds was a starter from the moment he was drafted.

Juju is in a different orbit that Jones will ever reach. Huge miss there by the Bills. 

Pretty sure Juju would have caught the pass from Allen that was between the numbers on Sunday. 

In fact any reciever worth their salt would have pulled that in. Jones had 3 catches on 9 targets. For a whopping 30+ plus yards. . . 

Yeah comparing Juju to Zay is absurd. You can talk all you want about offenses, and AB taking coverage away from Juju but you're just being an idiot. He's much, much, much better than Zay. 

I would still take Edmunds over LVE but given a do-over, there is no way I trade up in the first round for a linebacker. Stay put and if LVE falls draft him otherwise get Darrius Leonard who is just as good as both Edmunds and LVE. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/1/2018 at 11:40 PM, HappyDays said:

You're right, but he's also making catches like this:

I honestly haven't seen a single catch made by Zay Jones that wowed me. I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong if he turns it around though.

Big Ben's been throwing to the leagues best WRs his entire career. Can't dock him for it he's great and all but there's certainly some chicken and egg going on with him and the offensive players he's been surrounded with that also do great on other teams with lesser Quarterbacks

Beane drafts like Donahoe, he takes athletes over proven players betting on upside. If there is no upside and the athlete is what he's shown in his college career you will always have  less talented draft picks who play better in the NFL.

Edited by CuddyDark
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Beane drafts like Donahoe, he takes athletes over proven players betting on upside. If there is no upside and the athlete is what he's shown in his college career you will always have  less talented draft picks who play better in the NFL.

Jones was the most proven player of all the WRs in terms of production and not regarded as an elite athlete. I think it's safer to say that McDermott/Beane likes NFL bloodlines (Jones, Edmunds, Proehl). So far, the jury is out on that approach.

Edited by dave mcbride

Just now, CuddyDark said:

And he was drafted by Whaley.

No he wasn't. Whaley had literally zero say on who we picked in that draft. He was only employed so he couldn't divulge Bills' intel. That was McDermott all the way, who was clearly in contact with Beane (the Panthers had targeted Dion Dawkins and we jumped ahead of them). 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, dave mcbride said:

No he wasn't. Whaley had literally zero say on who we picked in that draft. He was only employed so he couldn't divulge Bills' intel. That was McDermott all the way, who was clearly in contact with Beane (the Panthers had targeted Dion Dawkins and we jumped ahead of them). 

This is what you believe. In reality Beane wasn't in Buffalo when we took Jones.

Just now, CuddyDark said:

This is what you believe. In reality Beane wasn't in Buffalo when we took Jones.

If you believe that a guy who was fired immediately after the draft -- and who KNEW he was being fired -- had any say in who the Bills were picking when they were on the clock, I don't know what to say. Whaley straight-up had zero say in who we drafted that year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

Yeah comparing Juju to Zay is absurd. You can talk all you want about offenses, and AB taking coverage away from Juju but you're just being an idiot. He's much, much, much better than Zay. 

Yup.  Of course Pittsburgh has drafted much, much, much better than Buffalo for the last several decades so no one should be surprised.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, dave mcbride said:

If you believe that a guy who was fired immediately after the draft -- and who KNEW he was being fired -- had any say in who the Bills were picking when they were on the clock, I don't know what to say. Whaley straight-up had zero say in who we drafted that year. 

And Beane who wasn't even here did?

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Why is it that this argement keeps getting skewed in whatever way a poster wants to reflect positively or negatively on the team?

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Why is it that this argement keeps getting skewed in whatever way a poster wants to reflect positively or negatively on the team?

Who is saying anything positive or negative? I said "the jury is out." Jones looks alright; Edmunds looks decent. It's too soon to tell. No need to be inquisitorially seeking out critics when criticism isn't the issue.

6 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

And Beane who wasn't even here did?

If you think Beane and McDermott aren't on exactly the same page, you haven't been paying attention. It is also extremely likely that McDermott was aware who of the Panthers liked given his extremely tight relationship with Beane in Carolina.  

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1