I am worried about Kiko

Hellcamino

On 1/2/2019 at 7:57 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

the 'burglary" wasn't actually stealing anything if I recall, it was getting too drunk to know which direction was up, entering someone's house and sleeping in one of their beds.  if that makes him a permanent scumbag what do you think of Jim Bob Cooter?

I think Kiko got dirtier after he left here.  Maybe he's juicing.

In other words ... the latest Chad Kelly incident. Chad, maybe it's not over after all.

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

In other words ... the latest Chad Kelly incident. Chad, maybe it's not over after all.

Oh, that was so bad.

I think the difference is that Alonso was a dumb-a** but talented college kid during that incident.  He got suspended and allowed back only with strict rules, "fly right or fly out the door".  He was able to fly right, and I haven't read about newer troubles so he's continued to keep clean off field (we think).  The idea is he "grew out of it"

Chad, OTOH, is a marginal player who was repeatedly in trouble in college, being given an NFL shot quite possibly as a favor from Elway to Uncle Jim.  Unless someone really really liked what they saw from Kelly during his "cup of coffee", he's toast.

But now that I look into it, apparently this kind of thing is more common than one would think:

https://fox2now.com/2019/01/01/heavily-intoxicated-man-enters-wrong-home-sleeps-on-dog-bed-with-150-pound-mastiff/

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, that was so bad.

I think the difference is that Alonso was a dumb-a** but talented college kid during that incident.  He got suspended and allowed back only with strict rules, "fly right or fly out the door".  He was able to fly right, and I haven't read about newer troubles so he's continued to keep clean off field (we think).  The idea is he "grew out of it"

Chad, OTOH, is a marginal player who was repeatedly in trouble in college, being given an NFL shot quite possibly as a favor from Elway to Uncle Jim.  Unless someone really really liked what they saw from Kelly during his "cup of coffee", he's toast.

But now that I look into it, apparently this kind of thing is more common than one would think:

https://fox2now.com/2019/01/01/heavily-intoxicated-man-enters-wrong-home-sleeps-on-dog-bed-with-150-pound-mastiff/

That last link is great - thanks for the laugh!

I think you're right on Chad. Interesting that nobody - nobody, not even the Jags or Redskins! - even bothered to have him come in for a tryout. It looks like his career is over before it started. You get second and third chances when you're an elite talent ... not when you're Mr. Irrelevant of the 2017 draft.

On 1/2/2019 at 11:06 AM, row_33 said:

Burfict is so out there they let him walk off with the ball and parade around for 5 minutes in the late stages of a close playoff game, waiting to see just WTF was going to happen.

that game was the closest I've seen to a major eruption of crowd riot in North America for my 45 years of watching.

still a long ways off from real tragedy...

it's why i cringe every time Allen takes off with the ball, anything like this can end his career in a second.

Nah Allen is fine.

On 1/2/2019 at 12:18 PM, BuffAlone said:

So how long before we find out if fine/ suspension is coming for him? 

....the "choir boy" got 10 grand....seriously?............

Dolphins' Alonso fined for late hit on Allen

Kiko Alonso is fined by the NFL for his hit on Josh Allen in Week 17's Bills-Dolphins game

January 06, 2019 - 8:13 am

NBC Sports' Pro Football Talk reports that the National Football League has fined Miami Dolphins linebacker Kiko Alonso for his hit on quarterback Josh Allen in the Buffalo Bills' 42-17 win this past Sunday at New Era Field.

Alonso hit a sliding Allen, that included a kick to the head, as he followed through on the late hit. A fight broke out between both teams immediately after, which resulted in ejections to Alonso, Dolphins defensive end Robert Quinn, and Bills right tackle Jordan Mills.

PFT has confirmed that Alonso and Quinn were fined $10,026 for unnecessary roughness, while Mills was fined $13,369 for unsportsmanlike conduct.

50 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That last link is great - thanks for the laugh!

I think you're right on Chad. Interesting that nobody - nobody, not even the Jags or Redskins! - even bothered to have him come in for a tryout. It looks like his career is over before it started. You get second and third chances when you're an elite talent ... not when you're Mr. Irrelevant of the 2017 draft.

Yeah, Chad seems disinterested in even playing again. Since he got let go from Denver he has been at the Bills home games sitting close to me. He is there dressed in all Bills workout clothing cheering the team on. Think he would rather party then put the effort into being in the NFL.

23 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....the "choir boy" got 10 grand....seriously?............

Dolphins' Alonso fined for late hit on Allen

Kiko Alonso is fined by the NFL for his hit on Josh Allen in Week 17's Bills-Dolphins game

January 06, 2019 - 8:13 am

NBC Sports' Pro Football Talk reports that the National Football League has fined Miami Dolphins linebacker Kiko Alonso for his hit on quarterback Josh Allen in the Buffalo Bills' 42-17 win this past Sunday at New Era Field.

Alonso hit a sliding Allen, that included a kick to the head, as he followed through on the late hit. A fight broke out between both teams immediately after, which resulted in ejections to Alonso, Dolphins defensive end Robert Quinn, and Bills right tackle Jordan Mills.

PFT has confirmed that Alonso and Quinn were fined $10,026 for unnecessary roughness, while Mills was fined $13,369 for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Yeah, what an absolute joke. With his record as a repeat offender, he should have been suspended

47 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Yeah, Chad seems disinterested in even playing again. Since he got let go from Denver he has been at the Bills home games sitting close to me. He is there dressed in all Bills workout clothing cheering the team on. Think he would rather party then put the effort into being in the NFL.

I do not think he can do anything of substance until his legal situation is resolved.  Google search said his next court date is 1/28.  We still do not have the details of what he was doing there or what his intent was, if any.  On the face of it, it did not seem malevolent just knuckleheaded.  I suspect he will try again, it's just a matter of where that will be.  He is no longer eligible for Last Chance U.