Doug Marrone Not Getting Fired Per Ian Rapoport

Rapoport is reporting that Marrone is in no danger of being fired.  I think this is atrocious and if I were a Jags fan, I’d be fuming.  I think Doug really botched this season.  How can he not be on the hot seat when a Super Bowl contender goes 3-8?  Pathetic

Edited by Phil The Thrill

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He's on his third OC and offense is supposedly his speciality area... I'm not convinced.

I mean he’s been living off his defense since Buffalo.  His offenses consistently suck but maybe he’s that overseer coach type.

that said, I personally think the Bills should move on from our OC this offseason. 

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean he’s been living off his defense since Buffalo.  His offenses consistently suck but maybe he’s that overseer coach type.

that said, I personally think the Bills should move on from our OC this offseason. 

I don't understand how you can evaluate Daboll with this group - 3/5 of his line can't move, his receivers and tight ends are awful, and his QB situation... well you know.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Unless there's a guy on the staff that the owner thinks is a competent interim coach, especially with 5 games still left, they probably wouldn't be all that honest about his status. 

I really don't think this means anything in terms of whether he'll get canned or not. 

My understanding with Rapoport’s comment was that Doug was safe for next season too.

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He's on his third OC and offense is supposedly his speciality area... I'm not convinced.

Offensive line is supposedly his specialty, but their starting left tackle (Cam Robinson) went on IR early this season. And yesterday, the LG, (Andrew Norwell) went down with an injury. The left side of their line is headed up by Ereck "Turnstile" Flowers at LT and undrafted kid at LG. Fournette has been in and out of the lineup and they lean so heavily on him that they're basically a different team when he's not playing.Also, the whole team seems undisciplined to me, which is weird for a Marrone-coached team. He's a stickler for rules and all that crap. I remember him benching Dareus a couple times because the dude could never be on time. But the way he ran the locker room here in Buffalo left a lot of veteran guys with a poor perception of him. He tried running things as if it were a college program and that stuff isn't gonna fly. So, I dunno if he backed off on being a stickler and is allowing the team to be themselves but I feel like that team could be down 42-0 and the defense would still be talking trash and instigating.  And then there's Bortles. 

Didn't Marrone hire Hackett to be his OC as soon as he was named head coach? 

1 minute ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

That drove me crazy, and that's why I don't like conservative coaches. It's my fear with McDermott in a possible big game. 

I have similar concerns, and others, about McDermott.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Has Daboll ever been a good OC?

Nope.