Would you rather be the 3-7 Bills or 3-7 Jags?

KingRex

7 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Ever heard of the Rams?

I thought Goff was a much better prospect than Allen.  They also upgraded to one of the best offensive coaches in the league.  Gurley is the best rb in the nfl.  But it’s a fair point that is going to depend on Allen.

the Jags’ regression was pretty easy to see.  In a weird way, this might be the best thing to happen to them because they will have a high pick and can add a qb or another good piece to a pretty good team.

On 11/25/2018 at 12:38 PM, NewEra said:

Bills.  Jags are cash strapped til 2021 and all in on winning the next 3 seasons.......and they’re 3-7. A lame duck quitter leading them to that 3-7 record and cost them a SB appearance by playing scared.  10 picks, 85mill in cap space, qb on a rookie contract and already better than their $22 mill QB to go with a very solid defense.

Good point.

Saying the Jags "just need a QB" is like saying your car "just needs a new engine" and it will run great. I don't think many here fully comprehend the cap situation they are in. A lot of big names will be gone this offseason and they are stuck with Bortles for another year at $21M. Unless they draft a stud QB that plays at a high level from day 1 (good luck), they are most certainly looking at a coaching/front office overhaul in 2020.

Another pyrite team built through free agency. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

They had a good roster.

No they didn't

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/9/3/12787150/2016-los-angeles-rams-official-53-man-roster-week-1-released

Goff was awful his rookie year and Keenum was a better version of AJ McCaron at the time. Besides Gurly and the Dline, that team was bad

2017 brought in:

Woods

Cupp

Watkins

John Sullivan 

Andrew Whitworth

45% of the offensive starters in one offseason

• Like (+1) 1

Bills - no question.  Josh Allen is as good or better than Bortles right now, and has far more upside.  Buffalo has a growing core of solid young players and a great cap situation heading into the offseason to fill holes with quality players.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

They had a good roster.

Lol only in Bills land would the 4th win by December instill such pride.

4th win after our rookie QB had to miss 4 straight weeks.  How do you know our record isn’t better or even a winning record had Allen not gotten hurt?  I mean we had a good shot to win the HOU game before he got hurt.  He’s 3-2 as a starter.  I’m not saying we for sure do, but we were a team without a QB for 4 weeks and part of a 5th week.

Bottome line is, we have a better record than Jags now, and have that better record after losing our QB for 4 weeks and also beating the Jags head to head.  

Our D is playing better than the Jags D, and we do it at a fraction of the cost.  We are an ascending team, while Jags are seeing their window close and now must start over at QB.  And just because they likely draft one, doesn’t even mean that guy will pan out.  

We on the the other hand have set the table with a fiery defense, a promising young QB, and cleared out all this cap space to go along with 10 picks right now in this draft.

We are a dream situation for a young coaching staff and front office with a young QB they love, a legit D, and tons of cap space with extra draft picks too.  Beanes mastery of landing TWO first round pieces last year to potentially anchor the O and D around WITHOUT giving up any future assets was a thing of beauty.  

I love the direction of this team right now, have all year and off season.  We are setting up a foundation to build a team that can contend and win for the next decade.  Jags are going to have to start tearing their team down with their cap issues and are going to have to retool.

We are like the Rams 2 years ago during Goff’s rookie year or the Bears of last year.  Some nice pieces on D, young QBs, but with little offensive talent around those guys.  Both teams invested heavily on the offense the following offseasons and both teams and QBs took big leaps forward and are now real contenders.  

Jags meanwhile are the latest example of big spenders trying to buy their way in to contention around a QB who can’t get them there.  Now they are in cap hell and are going to need to tear it down before they can get better.  I mean right now it’s impossible for them to even keep Ramsey when his contract is up after next season.  And will ramsey even want to stay on a team with QB issues and a crap fan base.  I mean if he thinks Allen sucks, imagine what he really thinks about “Flake” Bortles.

I will take the Bills, and I think most coaches and GMs would too, over the Jags and their situation without hesitation.  Not to mention, I firmly believe we have the better HC too and the better GM by a mile.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

No they didn't

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/9/3/12787150/2016-los-angeles-rams-official-53-man-roster-week-1-released

Goff was awful his rookie year and Keenum was a better version of AJ McCaron at the time. Besides Gurly and the Dline, that team was bad

2017 brought in:

Woods

Cupp

Watkins

John Sullivan 

Andrew Whitworth

But you’re also forgetting about the huge offensive coaching upgrade they got.  That is a huge reason for their rise.  Personally, I’d fire Daboll and hire Kliff Kingsbury.  I think he is the new young star offensive coach.

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

No they didn't

2017 brought in:

Woods

Cupp

Watkins

John Sullivan 

Andrew Whitworth

Watkins stunk.

Their offensive and defensive MVPs were already on the roster in Gurley and Donald. Their #1 receiver was on the roster. Their LBs were virtually unchanged. DB’s same thing. 

There’s a reason the league spent the entire 2017 season clowning on Jeff Fisher. He singlehandedly held back a talented roster. No, it wasn’t a finished product yet, but they had the cornerstones all in place. QB, offensive playmaker, defensive star, a couple pass rushers, OL talent. Check check check.

26 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Jags needs competent QB. They get that and they will be a force to recon with in the AFC. Add in a HC who isn’t god awful and you have a SB championship type team.  They have a great D, great RB, a couple good WR.. they just have sub par QB Play.

They mortgaged the future for a 3-4 (tops) year window. Rams are good, the Saints are better.

They don’t “just have” bad qb play.  They gave up 24 points to our offense.  What does that mean?  Their D isn’t THAT good. Just because they beat the pats in week 2 doesn’t mean they’re an amazing D in 2018.  They’ve given up an average of over 26 pts a game during the 7 game losing streak and haven’t held one team under 20. That’s not a “great” defense.  They were last year.  They aren’t great this year.  Talking about each unit one year to the next you can be discussing two very different things.  Similar players but not the same players.  They miss Poz.  They miss Aaron Colvin.  They got beat in the AFCC.  They aren’t GREAT anymore.  They have the potential to be again.  But they are not.  And they don’t have much cap space. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

4th win after our rookie QB had to miss 4 straight weeks.  How do you know our record isn’t better or even a winning record had Allen not gotten hurt?  I mean we had a good shot to win the HOU game before he got hurt.  He’s 3-2 as a starter.  I’m not saying we for sure do, but we were a team without a QB for 4 weeks and part of a 5th week.

Bottome line is, we have a better record than Jags now, and have that better record after losing our QB for 4 weeks and also beating the Jags head to head.  

Our D is playing better than the Jags D, and we do it at a fraction of the cost.  We are an ascending team, while Jags are seeing their window close and now must start over at QB.  And just because they likely draft one, doesn’t even mean that guy will pan out.  

We on the the other hand have set the table with a fiery defense, a promising young QB, and cleared out all this cap space to go along with 10 picks right now in this draft.

We are a dream situation for a young coaching staff and front office with a young QB they love, a legit D, and tons of cap space with extra draft picks too.  Beanes mastery of landing TWO first round pieces last year to potentially anchor the O and D around WITHOUT giving up any future assets was a thing of beauty.  

I love the direction of this team right now, have all year and off season.  We are setting up a foundation to build a team that can contend and win for the next decade.  Jags are going to have to start tearing their team down with their cap issues and are going to have to retool.

We are like the Rams 2 years ago during Goff’s rookie year or the Bears of last year.  Some nice pieces on D, young QBs, but with little offensive talent around those guys.  Both teams invested heavily on the offense the following offseasons and both teams and QBs took big leaps forward and are now real contenders.  

Jags meanwhile are the latest example of big spenders trying to buy their way in to contention around a QB who can’t get them there.  Now they are in cap hell and are going to need to tear it down before they can get better.  I mean right now it’s impossible for them to even keep Ramsey when his contract is up after next season.  And will ramsey even want to stay on a team with QB issues and a crap fan base.  I mean if he thinks Allen sucks, imagine what he really thinks about “Flake” Bortles.

I will take the Bills, and I think most coaches and GMs would too, over the Jags and their situation without hesitation.  Not to mention, I firmly believe we have the better HC too and the better GM by a mile.

??? 

It will be impossible to keep Ramsey three years from now so the Jags are in cap hell today. Inject it into my veins.

Jags can take a QB high this year and easily bounce back. There’s no QB needy teams in front of them except the Giants. 

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

??? 

It will be impossible to keep Ramsey three years from now so the Jags are in cap hell today. Inject it into my veins.

Jags can take a QB high this year and easily bounce back. There’s no QB needy teams in front of them except the Giants. 

Ramsey is a free agent after next season, he’s not there 3 more years.  And they are in cap hell NOW even before Ramsey deal.  They need to clear cap space badly, and even more if they want any shot at keeping Ramsey, assuming he even will resign which I personally don’t believe he will.

We will have a better record this year and next year.  I asked if you wanted wager on that and you dodged it.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Watkins stunk.

Their offensive and defensive MVPs were already on the roster in Gurley and Donald. Their #1 receiver was on the roster. Their LBs were virtually unchanged. DB’s same thing. 

There’s a reason the league spent the entire 2017 season clowning on Jeff Fisher. He singlehandedly held back a talented roster. No, it wasn’t a finished product yet, but they had the cornerstones all in place. QB, offensive playmaker, defensive star, a couple pass rushers, OL talent. Check check check.

I can’t believe how simple you guys make football.  You need threats on your roster.  Watkins opened up things for other guys.  It’s why the Rams tried to get another speed guy instead of just going with Kupp and Woods.  It’s why the Chiefs signed Sammy.   

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Ramsey is a free agent after next season, he’s not there 3 more years.  And they are in cap hell NOW even before Ramsey deal.  They need to clear cap space badly, and even more if they want any shot at keeping Ramsey, assuming he even will resign which I personally don’t believe he will.

We will have a better record this year and next year.  I asked if you wanted wager on that and you dodged it.

Ramsey is a UFA in 2021. Relax bro.

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I can’t believe how simple you guys make football.  You need threats on your roster.  Watkins opened up things for other guys.  It’s why the Rams tried to get another speed guy instead of just going with Kupp and Woods.  It’s why the Chiefs signed Sammy.   

Sure, but Watkins isn’t what put that roster over the top. Gurley is the reason the 2017 Rams ticked, which is why he was talked about as an MVP. And he had been there for 2 years already.

6 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

What is a fifth year option? Did they just invent that?

They are also over the cap.  They are also going to lose Ramsey for nothing if they can’t fix their cap and may be forced to trade him.  There is also the possibility he holds out to force a contract next year.  There is a lot that can happen, and they are in cap hell.

I’d say that it’s pretty foolish to just think it’s gonna all be roses there with Ramsey and his contract situation.  He and his team are going to be looking to get paid instead of that 5th year option.

Edited by Alphadawg7

35 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

They are also over the cap.  They are also going to lose Ramsey for nothing if they can’t fix their cap and may be forced to trade him.  There is also the possibility he holds out to force a contract next year.  There is a lot that can happen, and they are in cap hell.

I’d say that it’s pretty foolish to just think it’s gonna all be roses there with Ramsey and his contract situation.  He and his team are going to be looking to get paid instead of that 5th year option.

They don't get a choice.  It's a team option, not a team and player and his team option.