Jump to content
Buffalo Barbarian

The Tasom Hill Effect

Taysom Hill  

51 members have voted

  1. 1. The Jack Back position

    • Is Hill a new trend in the league that will become a new position ?
    • Is Hill just a fit for the Saints ?
    • Is he a gimmick ?


Recommended Posts

I think Tasom Hill is the reason the Saints are reaching a higher level of offense. But is he a gimmick  or is this a new position for the NFL ? Could call him the Jack Back.

 

 

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

You're an idiot.  :lol:

  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

He’s definitely the reason they squeaked by the Eagles today.

 

that is true.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

He's a better Brad Smith (who is no dummy). Slightly worse than John Skelton

 

But hes not a trend, hes a gimmick

 

That's high praise right there :thumbsup:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can say this, he’s a GOD in New Orleans. They LOVE him. He is a weird, special, alien. I think that his role is a growing one around the league. He’s a guy that can create matchup issues because you never know where he will line up. Every team would love a Taysom Hill but not every team has him (or Sean Payton). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a more powerful version of Lamar Jackson that adds another layer of gadgetry for Payton to play with.  But is he The reason for the Saints ascending to another level?  No. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I can say this, he’s a GOD in New Orleans. They LOVE him. He is a weird, special, alien. I think that his role is a growing one around the league. He’s a guy that can create matchup issues because you never know where he will line up. Every team would love a Taysom Hill but not every team has him (or Sean Payton). 

 

I think Lamar Jackson could do it and even Josh Allen if he doesn't pan out.

 

also Trace McSorley and Eric Dungey .

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s a great Brad Smith, Tim Tebow, etc... just used properly in a great offense

 

hes not going to change the league but he will be fun for a few years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's a more powerful version of Lamar Jackson that adds another layer of gadgetry for Payton to play with.  But is he The reason for the Saints ascending to another level?  No. 

 

Why are they scoring so much more, Brees and Payton have been there for a long time?

 

 

 

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Why are they scoring so much more, Brees and Payton have been there for a long time?

 

The whole darn league is scoring at record pace with the exception of a few teams who we won't name. ;)   Look at the players they have on offense who are getting even better such as Kamara and Thomas. They have a very well balanced and lethal attack with Payton and Brees directing along with all of those excellent players including one of the best OLs in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He ran a 4.44 at 230 lbs so there is certainly something there. But I think it's all about Sean Payton finding and athlete and being creative. 

 

Unfortunately, Hill would never work here because he is a Mormon. Not McDermott's cup of tea. 😉🙃

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

 

Why are they scoring so much more, Brees and Payton have been there for a long time?

 

 

 

Kamara and Ingram 

a relatively healthy line with depth

michael thomas

 

50m in dead money coming off the cap

 

drew being healthier than many years

 

and hill 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can he throw? I have yet to see him throw the football so right now he's a gimmicky wildcat player. If he can throw the ball efficiently then he could be special.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s been almost an hour and no one has jumped on the egregious use of the word “affect”?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Saint Doug said:

It’s been almost an hour and no one has jumped on the egregious use of the word “affect”?

 

You just did. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

The whole darn league is scoring at record pace with the exception of a few teams who we won't name. ;)   Look at the players they have on offense who are getting even better such as Kamara and Thomas. They have a very well balanced and lethal attack with Payton and Brees directing along with all of those excellent players including one of the best OLs in the game.

 

What I find interesting is that they've brought in Dez and Brandon Marshall in the past two weeks to fill a perceived need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SinceThe70s said:

 

What I find interesting is that they've brought in Dez and Brandon Marshall in the past two weeks to fill a perceived need.

 

They want the Big slot receiver who can be a 3rd down and red zone threat.  Greedy bastards! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

 

What I find interesting is that they've brought in Dez and Brandon Marshall in the past two weeks to fill a perceived need.

 

Depth at wr is a need. They have a lot of talent but need more pass catchers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Can he throw? I have yet to see him throw the football so right now he's a gimmicky wildcat player. If he can throw the ball efficiently then he could be special.

 

I have no idea how to link stuff but there is a forty four yard pass against the Vikings. A bit underthrown. 

 

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/28/new-orleans-saints-minnesota-vikings-michael-thomas-taysom-hill/

Edited by MrEpsYtown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heck, I’ll add that since firing joe vitt that Sean Payton has been a beast and the teams 20-6 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

They want the Big slot receiver who can be a 3rd down and red zone threat.  Greedy bastards! :lol:

 

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

 

Depth at wr is a need. They have a lot of talent but need more pass catchers 

 

Yeah, I guess I'm just depressed that a team that has put up over 45 points the past three weeks sees/has a need for WR's that we don't have a use for.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

 

thanks Tom, means so much B-)

 

 

 

It should.  He never called me an idiot (before I became a mod) and I not-secretly feel deprived.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×