Bills Sign WR Deonte Thompson to a 1-Year Deal

26CornerBlitz

I like Deonte but to me he is more of a 3-4 on a contending team. I would have preferred to poach some younger guys off practice squads. I do think Thompson will help us and I can see him catching a few bombs from Josh Allen. 

I also think having speed on the field with Deonte and Foster stretching it will have the biggest impact on Zay Jones running the intermediate routes. He could wind up with 40/50 catches over the final few games here. 

6 minutes ago, Miracle Bills said:

The Bills need to move on from Benjamin now. They are not resigning him at the end of the year. Just cut him or bench him and let the players that want a shot play. Thompson, Jones, Foster, and McKenzie are all much more reliable and bigger threats than Benjamin.

Not sure of the dynamics but i believe if they keep him they get a comp pick out of it.....so sit his butt the rest of the year instead of some other team picking  him up and we still pay the tab for this sloth.....

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Thompsons not good or even average, but he is a deep threat with better hands than Foster. 

It makes me wonder why even bother. Not good enough to ratain before, not good enough for the Cowboys now.

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

John in Riverside says, "SCHWING!!!"

He was the one !  As as soon as I opened this up. i was thinking " someone hear was wishing for this in the Open Roster Thead.

John gets some grief here sometimes : )

he done good one this one.

laughed out loud K-9

19 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Thompsons not good or even average, but he is a deep threat with better hands than Foster. 

I have seen him catch a football. so i like him

7 minutes ago, JPP said:

Not sure of the dynamics but i believe if they keep him they get a comp pick out of it.....so sit his butt the rest of the year instead of some other team picking  him up and we still pay the tab for this sloth.....

they need to find some way to recoup something from the mistake 

10 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I like Deonte but to me he is more of a 3-4 on a contending team. I would have preferred to poach some younger guys off practice squads. I do think Thompson will help us and I can see him catching a few bombs from Josh Allen. 

I also think having speed on the field with Deonte and Foster stretching it will have the biggest impact on Zay Jones running the intermediate routes. He could wind up with 40/50 catches over the final few games here. 

That is also how I see Deonte.....he is a complimentary piece

But like I said earlier....if they can find a true number one....then Jones, Thompson, and McKenzie can fall in behind that player as the 2-4 slots

We need to find a number 1 in this next draft

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Thompson should be a steady route runner and good effort player. Be nice to have for Allen (?)  or Barkley

and Foster is going to be  a good fit moving forward.

dig you point about opening up the field vertically. Been the bane of the Bills for two years now. Defenses don't care about the deep ball

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

That is also how I see Deonte.....he is a complimentary piece

But like I said earlier....if they can find a true number one....then Jones, Thompson, and McKenzie can fall in behind that player as the 2-4 slots

We need to find a number 1 in this next draft

I would happy with a 1b and 2a wr form the offseason lol

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Allen now has 2 or 3 (McKenzie) deep threats. Hope to see some 70 yard bombs! Welcome back Deonte

the play calling is going to change towards that, thank goodness Bills saw the light after all. a couple deep passes even if ugly get caught? Teams will respect Daboll more

Just now, John from Riverside said:

"Aim for the stars and if you hit the moon"

what happens if you hit the moon ?
do i get in trouble with my parents again. and they take my BB gun away !
But yes honestly , i like a go for it attitude

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

Thompson should be a steady route runner and good effort player. Be nice to have for Allen (?)  or Barkley

and Foster is going to be  a good fit moving forward.

dig you point about opening up the field vertically. Been the bane of the Bills for two years now. Defenses don't care about the deep ball

....baffler is that between Robiskie (37 years as WR Coach and apparently respected throughout the league) and Culley, despite his QB Coach label, has been more in tune as a WR Coach for his 25 years, how can we possibly have receivers that can't run routes?.....and doesn't it appear that Foster should be in good coaching hands with 62 years combined at that coaching position?....did I miss the memo (AGAIN)?.........

3 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Also need to bring back the Peter Man.

It was a rash decision by the Bills to part ways so soon. 

Seems like a good decision to bring back Thompson. Between DT, McKenzie, and Foster, they've got a lot of versatility down the depth chart at WR.

Thinking about this gives me a rash.