Poojer needs to move

\GoBillsInDallas/

6 minutes ago, teef said:

rochester is 18th.   looks like i'm getting a divorce, and going back on the market.

I swear to you, teef, I was just noticing that when looking at the list.  What a difference an hour on the NYS thruway makes.

I also don't know if that is a great move for you.  You are likely going to have to pay some sort of alimony.  Let's throw on top of that moving expenses.  Do you have kids, too? 

I love kids, but then you are going to have to likely find someone that has kids as well so that is maybe cutting opportunities down right there.  

Then you have to explain why you got divorced, and then they are going to be all like, "What a loser.  He's not going to commit to me."

Then you are going to be depressed because you realize what a mistake this all was and you are going to think about how much you miss your wife, but she's moved on to somebody richer and better looking. 

However, if you were just joking forget all of this.

The only thing I took from this...Santa Rosa, CA has the 2nd highest priced "Beauty Salon" prices in the nation. WTH? My wife and youngest daughter have stuff done weekly. How much are we spending? Thank goodness my other daughter moved away. I might not have been able to retire. 

6 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I swear to you, teef, I was just noticing that when looking at the list.  What a difference an hour on the NYS thruway makes.

I also don't know if that is a great move for you.  You are likely going to have to pay some sort of alimony.  Let's throw on top of that moving expenses.  Do you have kids, too? 

I love kids, but then you are going to have to likely find someone that has kids as well so that is maybe cutting opportunities down right there.  

Then you have to explain why you got divorced, and then they are going to be all like, "What a loser.  He's not going to commit to me."

Then you are going to be depressed because you realize what a mistake this all was and you are going to think about how much you miss your wife, but she's moved on to somebody richer and better looking. 

However, if you were just joking forget all of this.

yeah...joking....of course!

what's strange is that i always thought rochester was a lousy town for young people.  i hated going out here in my early 20s.  i was typically bored, and always felt i saw the same people.  it's nice for younger families with the great schools, and tons of activities from kids.  i'd much rather be single in buffalo, (which i was when i lived there) than rochester.  that being said, this area has put up a lot of new restaurants and bars recently, (at least i wasn't aware of them).

4 minutes ago, teef said:

yeah...joking....of course!

what's strange is that i always thought rochester was a lousy town for young people.  i hated going out here in my early 20s.  i was typically bored, and always felt i saw the same people.  it's nice for younger families with the great schools, and tons of activities from kids.  i'd much rather be single in buffalo, (which i was when i lived there) than rochester.  that being said, this area has put up a lot of new restaurants and bars recently, (at least i wasn't aware of them).

teef, it really has been interesting to watch Rochester just plain grow the way it has, even supplanting Buffalo in some areas, both living standard wise and from an economic development standpoint.

Even though, Buffalo has been growing recently, too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Burlington, VT is number 1 for "Dating Opportunities."

South Burlington, VT (2.6 miles from Burlington) is number 180 for "Dating Opportunities."

This make a no sense to me.

The UVM campus is located right in downtown Burlington.  Tons of young, beautiful, willing sexual partners.  South Burlington is a mix of middle class and slum-ish neighborhoods.  Tons of dried up soccer moms in Subaru Foresters on their way to the farmers market.

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

The UVM campus is located right in downtown Burlington.  Tons of young, beautiful, willing sexual partners.  South Burlington is a mix of middle class and slum-ish neighborhoods.  Tons of dried up soccer moms in Subaru Foresters on their way to the farmers market.

Off topic:  How does the University of Vermont translate to UVM?  Shouldn't it be UV or UVT?  It's not like the name of the state is Ver Mont.  It's one ***** word.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Burlington, VT is number 1 for "Dating Opportunities."

South Burlington, VT (2.6 miles from Burlington) is number 180 for "Dating Opportunities."

This make a no sense to me.

Hammersticks probably lives in one of those places and not the other.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Off topic:  How does the University of Vermont translate to UVM?  Shouldn't it be UV or UVT?  It's not like the name of the state is Ver Mont.  It's one ***** word.

“Nestled between the Adirondack and Green Mountains is the University of Vermont, a quasi-public school founded in 1791. It is known colloquially as UVM, which is Latin for Universitas Viridis Montis, or University of the Green Mountains.”

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/university-of-vermont-3696

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

Hammersticks probably lives in one of those places and not the other.

I live outside of Middlebury.  Thank goodness I’m not single...

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

“Nestled between the Adirondack and Green Mountains is the University of Vermont, a quasi-public school founded in 1791. It is known colloquially as UVM, which is Latin for Universitas Viridis Montis, or University of the Green Mountains.”

Thanks, Cliffy.

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Welcome.  I love staying up in downtown Burlington when my son has hockey tournaments up there.  Loads of eye candy ?

It's a nice little city.  We have an office there and I went for training a couple years ago.  Enjoyed it a lot.

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

I saw that! And Buffalo is 76th? How in the bleep is this possible..............

i have zero idea.  the bar scene in buffalo was way more booming at that time.  i can't imagine that has changed.  i'm not sure where these young people in rochester are even coming from.  it's been my experience most leave early on, and some come back once they have families.

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Sounds gay.

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Don't question "The Hippy Process." Hey man blaze a doobie and have some Cherry Garcia.