Trump blows off WWI Centenary due to a little rain

Logic

9 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The Secret Service had made plans for the President's secure travel via Marine One to traverse the 50 miles (100 miles round trip).  The USMC grounded the helicopter due to weather conditions making the President's flight unsafe.

How are you proposing the President should have reached the grounds of the event?  Teleporting?

Now we're getting somewhere.

The exact same way general Kelly and the other world leaders did.  

I now hope all of you will stop making up stuff about logistics just because it suits your agenda.  It's bs and it isn't true.

3 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Now we're getting somewhere.

The exact same way general Kelly and the other world leaders did.  

I now hope all of you will stop making up stuff about logistics just because it suits your agenda.  It's bs and it isn't true.

General Kelly is not a world leader, and has vastly different Secret Service security protocols than those of POTUS.

Other world leaders in attendance did not have to make a 100 mile round trip, had the benefit of being able to dictate to local law enforcement and military as EU members, and Macron as the Head of State in the country in question, and had their transport vetted and secured likely months in advance per whatever their nation's security protocols are.

Your argument, at it's core, remains that the Secret Service and United States Marine Corps should have sanctioned the President of the United States traveling 100 miles via motorcade arranged at the last minute, without the benefit of securing the area, identifying threats, notifying local law enforcement, shutting down traffic for miles around and in advance of the motorcade in a foreign country where they have no authority to do so, and everything else that goes into coordinating Presidential travel during a period in which active confirmed assassination plots had been discovered targeting the event in question?

That's the argument you've going with?

That's a stupid argument to make.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/10/2018 at 1:06 PM, Logic said:

Someone listing themselves as "from the former confederate states of america"  using language like "butthurt retard liberals" ? Color me shocked.

Tell me, does it ever tire you out having to find new and creative ways to support  a man who is so obviously a sniveling, cowardly louse? I mean he dodged Vietnam FIVE times!!! FIVE!!! And you already know that about the ways in which he disrespected and humiliated a military family and claimed he "likes people that don't get caught" when referring to war hero John McCain. But I'm sure he's the military champion you think he is.

Hmm...now why would a guy who proudly talks about being from the "former confederate states of america" like Donald Trump? I just can't figure this one out...

McCain sold out his own country and soldiers while in captivity. Most war vets from that era hated him. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

General Kelly is not a world leader, and has vastly different Secret Service security protocols than those of POTUS.

Other world leaders in attendance did not have to make a 100 mile round trip, had the benefit of being able to dictate to local law enforcement and military as EU members, and Macron as the Head of State in the country in question, and had their transport vetted and secured likely months in advance per whatever their nation's security protocols are.

Your argument, at it's core, remains that the Secret Service and United States Marine Core should have sanctioned the President of the United States traveling 100 miles via motorcade arranged at the last minute, without the benefit of securing the area, identifying threats, notifying local law enforcement, shutting down traffic for miles around and in advance of the motorcade, and everything else that goes into coordinating Presidential travel during a period in which active confirmed assassination plots had been discoved targeting the event in question?

That's the argument you've going with?

That's a stupid argument to make.

The argument I'm making is, this is the President of the United States.  There's never NOT an alternative plan of action if option A is unavailable.

And if what you're proposing was true, we would have heard that excuse from an official source by now.  We haven't.  Just here on good ol TBD.

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

The argument I'm making is, this is the President of the United States.  There's never NOT an alternative plan of action if option A is unavailable.

And if what you're proposing was true, we would have heard that excuse from an official source by now.  We haven't.  Just here on good ol TBD.

I think you are amazingly ignorant about this entire subject.

The Secret Service does not publicize any decision to wave off a presidential movement based on inability to protect.

You clearly have no idea what this involves, politics aside.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

More lies. The blaze did an article on the threat, that didn't originate here. Just because the MSM didn't cover it (shocking) doesn't mean it didn't happen. You're also dismissing that if there is a plan A, B, and C all the alternatives could have been compromised. 

We are at war today. It's not a shooting war but it's an informational one. And those leaders who dissed trump (Brits, French, Canadians, and Australians) all have motive to lie about trump in order to get him out before the declass happens and their role in the illegal spying on presidential campaigns is revealed to the world at large. 

This is the reality that you're avoiding because you're too illiterate to read and too lazy to think for yourself. 

11 minutes ago, Dante said:

McCain sold out his own country and soldiers while in captivity. Most war vets from that era hated him. 

Nonsense.

They may have hated him for other reasons, but he was not disliked because of his actions as a POW.

49 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Re-reading all this drivel is of little importance to me.

You can make it short and sweet and pose your questions again or you can move on.

This is terrific stuff right here. It's even better than leftists here who make make ridiculous comments, and when asked to show their work, respond with "I don't need to prove anything. You prove me wrong!"

Really. Great stuff. You're the poster child for stay-at-home sons everywhere.

Do you know what entail a trip by the president in the US? The SS scouts out the route, all  possible overlooking  locations where a sniper could  locate. They even weld the  manholes shut a few days before the trip.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Nonsense.

They may have hated him for other reasons, but he was not disliked because of his actions as a POW.

They feel he stayed alive so long because he was giving up intel. From his actions with his own party recently the traitor aspect of his war tour kinda fits the profile. No one knows for sure cause not there but if it walks and talks like one..

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

Thanks for proving my point, everyone.

So none of you have any facts or statements from any known persons to back up your false claims.

A lot of time wasted here.

Says the person who was asked a question and is unable to answer because he's too lazy to see who asked him the questions.

Well done. You're like PPP's own BADOL.

5 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

So none of you have any facts or statements from any known persons to back up your false claims.

not for nothing but you don't either. yours is nothing more than conjecture. 

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

For getting the President to a photo op?

The Secret Service and United States Marines were going to do what, exactly?  Conquer and hold a 50 mile long, 1-2 mile wide stretch of France through which they would drive the President?

Do you have any idea what security looks like for moving the President by car through areas not previously secured by the Secret Service over a distance of 100 miles?

Clearly not.

So, once again, you're making the argument that the Secret Service and United States Marine Corps should have sanctioned the President of the United States traveling 100 miles via motorcade arranged at the last minute, without the benefit of securing the area, identifying threats, notifying local law enforcement, shutting down traffic for miles around and in advance of the motorcade, and everything else that goes into coordinating Presidential travel during a period in which active confirmed assassination plots had been discover targeting the event in question.

And it's still a stupid argument.

8 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Do you know what entail a trip by the president in the US? The SS scouts out the route, all  possible overlooking  locations where a sniper could  locate. They even weld the  manholes shut a few days before the trip.

I live 9 miles outside of our Nation's Capital.  I've never seen a single manhole cover welded shut.  Not saying that it never happens, but I've yet to see it.

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

More lies. Facts were provided, the Blaze article to the assassination was linked. It was explained how M1 and the USSS have different roles in protection and logistical support when planning POTUS's movements. You ignore these because you admit you can't even read well enough to discern the difference between screen names. 

Also, you haven't provided a single fact. Only your emotions. It's why you're getting your ass handed to you in this discussion. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I live 9 miles outside of our Nation's Capital.  I've never seen a single manhole cover welded shut.  Not saying that it never happens, but I've yet to see it.

"Not saying it never happens... but I've yet to see it"

That's the kind of waffling that's defined your posts so far. Pure nonsense, devoid of fact or reason.

The difference being, I didn't make up an unfounded claim about logistics and try to pass it off as being factual when it isn't.

No. You said POTUS could have come if he wanted. Which is making stuff up without knowing it and trying to pass it off as factual. 

That's the position from which you began this discussion

You're incredibly dishonest.

• Like (+1) 1

Took me about 30 seconds.

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-manhole-covers-welded-shut-by-the-Secret-Service-and-how-How-is-it-undone

Prior to a visit from the President or another of their protectees, the Secret Service may arrange to have manhole covers along the travel route locked or spot-welded shut by a welder using a blowtorch so that a potential assassin or terrorist will not plant a bomb in the space underneath to blow up the protectee’s car. This, sad to say, is also a precaution many cities take now for parades and other public events.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's the kind of waffling that's defined your posts so far. Pure nonsense, devoid of fact or reason.

I've seen motorcades from Bush Jr to Obama.  No manhole covers welded shut.  Ever!

What about that statement don't you get?  Do you expect me to inspect all the manhole covers in DC?

7 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And you never stopped to think that Secret Service Presidential protection protocols might differ for Presidential travel in the DC area, where the Federal apparatus has complete control, and say, a 50 mile stretch of land in France.

***** retard.

• Like (+1) 1

I've seen motorcades from Bush Jr to Obama.  No manhole covers welded shut.  Ever!

What about that statement don't you get?  Do you expect me to inspect all the manhole covers in DC?

I understand the idiocy inherent in your statement. It's why I highlighted it. 

Because you didn't see something doesn't mean it doesn't happen, which is what you admit in your own waffling. 

You're terrible at this whole rational thought thing.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Took me about 30 seconds.

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-manhole-covers-welded-shut-by-the-Secret-Service-and-how-How-is-it-undone

Prior to a visit from the President or another of their protectees, the Secret Service may arrange to have manhole covers along the travel route locked or spot-welded shut by a welder using a blowtorch so that a potential assassin or terrorist will not plant a bomb in the space underneath to blow up the protectee’s car. This, sad to say, is also a precaution many cities take now for parades and other public events.

I never said they didn't.  Just that I hadn't seen it before.  Key words in there - "May arrange".  I work along an important part of their route.  I've never seen it.

Why is this so hard?  Would you like me to take pics next time because I can and will.

8 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

And you never stopped to think that Secret Service Presidential protection protocols might differ Presidential travel in the DC area, where the Federal apparatus has complete control, and say, a 50 mile stretch of land in France.

***** retard.

Sticks and stones...

You still have no facts.  Not from Sarah Sanders or Trump, but I'm supposed to believe some lemmings on a message board?  Christ almighty.

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

I never said they didn't.  Just that I hadn't seen it before.  Key words in there - "May arrange".  I work along an important part of their route.  I've never seen it.

Why is this so hard?  Would you like me to take pics next time because I can and will.

So.... you admit what you said was irrelevant drivel. Which is what I pointed out. It added nothing to the conversation other than to reinforce the idea that you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

• Like (+1) 1

LOL yes.  Please do.

Please take pictures of the Secret Service preparing for Presidential travel to protect against assassination attempts.

That's sure to not throw up any flags at all.

Any more stupid things you'd like to say?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Dante said:

They feel he stayed alive so long because he was giving up intel. From his actions with his own party recently the traitor aspect of his war tour kinda fits the profile. No one knows for sure cause not there but if it walks and talks like one..

I knew a lot of people who served with McCain. 

I served as a pilot in the same community, Pacific Fleet Attack.

I have never heard a single one say that he "stayed alive so long because he was giving up intel."

He had no intel to give.

Just a bunch of nonsense, and the performance of Vietnam POWs was the common denominator of what became Survival Evasion Resistance and Escape training Navy pilots subsequent to that conflict went through, until is was grossly watered down.

We have covered this before.

McCain was not well liked for a variety of reasons in that community.

His performance as a POW was not one of those reasons.

That is an internet creation, and based on what he did as a Senator, and in my mind, for good reason.

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

no, your conjecture consists of unfounded refutes. 

Lies are lies, man.  These guys have been lying and they know it, which is why they have no proof of their claims outside of some off-brand media outlets.

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So.... you admit what you said was irrelevant drivel. Which is what I pointed out. It added nothing to the conversation other than to reinforce the idea that you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

My personal experience, being a local, is irrelevant?  Ok.

5 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

What's the matter, snowflake?  Did I offend you?

Amazing that every other leader was able to make it, but Trump.  Even Kelly and Pence.  There's always a plan A, B, and C.  Donald wasn't there because he chose not to be.

Save the excuses for your right wing circle jerk.

This is where you started your position. 

It's been blown to bits yet you're clinging to it. Not because you're brave. But because you're too partisan to see through the spin you've been fed. 

Show me a link from a credible source.  How about the WSJ.  A conservative publication.

I've shown you a link, from the French media that covered the arrests - and it's a popular, well respected French news source.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

LOL yes.  Please do.

Please take pictures of the Secret Service preparing for Presidential travel to protect against assassination attempts.

That's sure to not throw up any flags at all.

Any more stupid things you'd like to say?

Taking a picture of the passing motorcade and the manhole covers they may or may not weld is interfering in preparations?

What?