Matt Barkley Will Be the Bills' Starter vs. the NYJ

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

He went into the season with Nathan Peterman as his starter and Josh Allen backing him up.?

Everyone including Beane agrees they should have had a vet here when McCarron got traded.  Drafting what you hope is your long term answer at QB does not equate to messing up the most important position.  That means you are addressing the most important position.

At some point, one of these rando QBs (that the Bills have) is going to channel some of the moxy that got him into the league, and play well. It has to happen sometime. It’s been way to many years of bad. At some point one of these guys is going to just take this opportunity and run with it. Maybe Matt Barkley finally settles in and just finds it. Never know

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

At some point, one of these rando QBs (that the Bills have) is going to channel some of the moxy that got him into the league, and play well. It has to happen sometime. It’s been way to many years of bad. At some point one of these guys is going to just take this opportunity and run with it. Maybe Matt Barkley finally settles in and just finds it. Never know

Buffalo needs a good backup, who knows, Matt Barkley might be that guy.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Everyone including Beane agrees they should have had a vet here when McCarron got traded.  Drafting what you hope is your long term answer at QB does not equate to messing up the most important position.  That means you are addressing the most important position.

Sounds like you're just saying they messed up. I mean they did. Josh Allen means a hill of beans this year and probably next year if that don't address the most important position by getting a solid vet, and surrounding any starting Quarterback they want with decent role players.

Getting JA doesn't mean they didn't screw up the position, you'll see that today lol

4 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

What’s he tanking for? 

Dude trust me, I can't pick his brain at all. I have no idea. All I know his he figured out how to "not tank [purposefully]".

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

59 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Maybe he can elevate his game up to EJ's level.

3 minutes ago, skibum said:

I see no reason to believe Barkley will be any better than Peterman. Why even bother? Oh well, it’s the Bills. Prove me wrong, Matt.

Of the 241 QBs the throw at least 65 passes since 1998, all of them have been better than Peterman. How much better will Barkley be is the real question.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Of the 241 QBs the throw at least 65 passes since 1998, all of them have been better than Peterman. How much better will Barkley be is the real question.

I expect him to be God awful.

Maybe he'll pleasantly surprise us!

2 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Woof. Was looking forward to Allen coming back.

Why bother even watching 

The only reason to watch is b/c we are die hard Bills fans and watch all the games out of habit.

Objectively, there is no reason to watch this game today whatsoever.  We can't even monitor Darnold's progress on the other side, which would have been interesting.

If someone reading this lives in a part of the world where it's about to get cold and stay that way for a long time, get out of the house and enjoy your Sunday afternoon!  

48 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Cool Peter King you can say that about any friggin team starting 4 QBs in a year, like you did with the Jets and Manning, or the Browns and Manning. Nice regurgitated tweet everybody is aware. Hate that lazy dude. He thinks he's spitting mind blowing facts.

3 minutes ago, PittsforDave said:

Pathetic. Isn’t it. And there were some (on this very board) that followed that logic. 

Yes there were :(

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Find what?

It won’t be open receivers.

The quicker everyone realizes that not a QB in this league would do well with this sorry group of “weapons” the Bills are employing, the better off they will be.