TxTech-78 UB-58. Congrats on a great season. (Ranked, 32-4 record)

PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

That’s atypical of this team. I look for a neater second half. 

This team hasn't played discipline basketball in their last three games .Not to mention,

37% from the field,tonight

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Heartbreaker. 77-75 NIU.

They didn't deserve it.

8 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

This team hasn't played discipline basketball in their last three games .Not to mention,

They didn't deserve it.

No but as bad as they shot they were right there. Tied with 6 seconds to go. Just a terrible defensive breakdown at the end 

On 1/22/2019 at 10:18 PM, Misterbluesky said:

They didn't deserve it.

On 1/22/2019 at 10:28 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

No but as bad as they shot they were right there. Tied with 6 seconds to go. Just a terrible defensive breakdown at the end 

I'll agree with Misterbluesky here...I only watched about five minutes of action but I was disgusted with the undisciplined, heave-it-up-regardless-of-the-defense brand of basketball UB was playing.  They certainly deserved to lose -- maybe it will be the proverbial "wake up call."

• Like (+1) 1

Still a much needed win. FYI here's the home ticket situation if you are planning to go to Alumni. Get yours soon before they're gone.

DxzVzIyWsAAt7gU.jpg

I'm going to predict that Kent State win keeps them in the Top 20 come Monday.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

A sign of a bit more respect for the MAC as a whole, I'd say. 

I agree. They could have buried them for one loss. I think Buffalo is becoming the media darlings of the season. A lot of people are singing their praises, so they are going to cut them some slack. Besides it was a buzzer beater on the road, not a blowout at home.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I agree. They could have buried them for one loss. I think Buffalo is becoming the media darlings of the season. A lot of people are singing their praises, so they are going to cut them some slack. Besides it was a buzzer beater on the road, not a blowout at home.

Yep. And speaking of media darlings, Bilas loves him. And tickets here are selling nicely. Would be nice if they ever get a game or two at KBC. Would be awesome to see a true rebirth of college Bball in Buffalo. Man, when I think of all the greats I went to see when I was a kid. And most of them played pick up games at the Delaware courts, too! An added bonus. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yep. And speaking of media darlings, Bilas loves him. And tickets here are selling nicely. Would be nice if they ever get a game or two at KBC. Would be awesome to see a true rebirth of college Bball in Buffalo. Man, when I think of all the greats I went to see when I was a kid. And most of them played pick up games at the Delaware courts, too! An added bonus. 

The idea of playing at KBC is a topic on the UB boards. It would be nice to play one or two there, especially if they can get a name opponent and play it when students are on break.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:
How crazy would it be for the Nate oats-led UB Bulls to face the Bobby Hurley-led ASU Sun Devils?

I don't think they'd admit it publicly, but I believe the selection committee loves stojan like this so I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

I got home a little late but DVR'ed the game. But the recording stopped with 5 minutes to play! I saw the final. I have to say it was an incredible game (what I saw anyway.) I don't have a problem with UB's effort in that one. Hats off to BGSU.

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

One more loss and they are gone, I think.

No question about it. Now they need to run the regular season table so a loss in the conference tourney doesn’t doom them. 

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 12:21 PM, eball said:

I don't think they'd admit it publicly, but I believe the selection committee loves stojan like this so I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

That definitely happens, the committee loves creating storylines.  ASU better get going or the only tournament they will be going to is the NIT.  PAC 10 is a 1 bid league right now & that bid is going to Udub.