TxTech-78 UB-58. Congrats on a great season. (Ranked, 32-4 record)

PromoTheRobot

On 2/12/2019 at 9:56 PM, Misterbluesky said:

Friday night is large..we owned them a month ago at home but it's so tough to beat a good team twice in a season.Toledo is no joke.

Safe to say it's a must win in order to stay ranked...

1 hour ago, eball said:

Really happy they won, but they cost me $$!  I had Toledo +3.5 and that bet looked great for most of the game.

I could see why you took that bet. I read some betting tips saying it was the move to make. 

But Buffalo is a tough out. Last two years of conference play, 5 losses came from a combined 14 points. They are like a predator that doesn't stop coming for you. You might land a blow early but once they catch you, you're done.

6 games left before the MAC tournament, 4 are at home. All three Friday games will be on national TV. #UBHornsUp

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

A big F-U from the voters, even after a tough road win at Toledo.

What's the F-U?  You think they should have moved up?  That's silliness.  They beat a team on the road -- rather unimpressively -- they beat by 30 at home earlier in the year.

Just now, eball said:

What's the F-U?  You think they should have moved up?  That's silliness.  They beat a team on the road -- rather unimpressively -- they beat by 30 at home earlier in the year.

It was a quadrant 1 win on the road. That should count for something. I guess Duke coming back on Louisville was unimpressive too?

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It was a quadrant 1 win on the road. That should count for something. I guess Duke coming back on Louisville was unimpressive too?

That quadrant stuff is for the selection committee, not AP voters.  UB will do just fine with their tournament seeding.

Edit:  and no, Dook's win was very impressive.  Louisville is a top 15 team -- not a "tough" MAC team.

Edited by eball

4 hours ago, eball said:

That quadrant stuff is for the selection committee, not AP voters.  UB will do just fine with their tournament seeding.

Edit:  and no, Dook's win was very impressive.  Louisville is a top 15 team -- not a "tough" MAC team.

And there's the double standard between power and mid-major conferences. Duke (#1 KenPom) coming back on (#14) Louisville is a sign of strength,  but (#24) Buffalo overcoming a 13-point deficit to beat (#55) Toledo (20-5) on the road is a weak win? Being #55 still puts you in the top 15% of all D1 college basketball teams.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And there's the double standard between power and mid-major conferences. Duke (#1 KenPom) coming back on (#14) Louisville is a sign of strength,  but (#24) Buffalo overcoming a 13-point deficit to beat (#55) Toledo (20-5) on the road is a weak win? Being #55 still puts you in the top 15% of all D1 college basketball teams.

Promo, if you're equating Dook's comeback from 20+ down in the 2nd half at Louisville to what UB did at Toledo, I just don't know what to tell you.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Promo, if you're equating Dook's comeback from 20+ down in the 2nd half at Louisville to what UB did at Toledo, I just don't know what to tell you.

You got to forgive Promo he gets a bit excited & disoriented when his beloved UB Bulls do good, got to love his passion.  But your spot on Louisville is a very good team & very tough at home.  UB right now I believe is safely in the tournament & looking at a #6 or #7 seed.  They could probably jump up to as high as a #5 seed if they run the table & win their tournament.  Either way, I think if they get the right draw they could see the second weekend of the tournament.  

On 2/19/2019 at 6:16 AM, eball said:

On 2/19/2019 at 8:18 AM, Gordio said:

You got to forgive Promo he gets a bit excited & disoriented when his beloved UB Bulls do good, got to love his passion.  But your spot on Louisville is a very good team & very tough at home.  UB right now I believe is safely in the tournament & looking at a #6 or #7 seed.  They could probably jump up to as high as a #5 seed if they run the table & win their tournament.  Either way, I think if they get the right draw they could see the second weekend of the tournament.  

Maybe Loo-uh-ville isn't all that, huh?

12 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Maybe Loo-uh-ville isn't all that, huh?

Haha, tough to win on the road in the ACC although the Heels proved otherwise last night as they slapped around little brother in their own barn.  

Edited by Gordio

On 2/23/2019 at 11:27 AM, eball said:

Cue the "no respect" crowd...Lunardi's latest Bracketology has UB as a #7 seed, with potential 2nd round rematch vs. Kentucky.

Compare UB to Nevada. Our resume is vastly superior. And yet they are Top 10. There is definitely a respect deficit still.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:12 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Compare UB to Nevada. Our resume is vastly superior. And yet they are Top 10. There is definitely a respect deficit still.

Nevada was ranked higher in the preseason.  Also I would probably take Fresno ST/ San Diego St/Utah ST(all in Nevada's division) over any combination of MAC teams not including UB.  UB does have a win over Syracuse, which is probably better than anything Nevada has OOC.