(hypothetical) Alabama vs. Bills spread

Alabama vs. Bills with spread  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Bills -28.5
    • Bama +28.5

50 minutes ago, mannc said:

LOL.  As we just witnessed, Alabama has a true freshman who would be an immediate upgrade for the Bills at WR.  Oh, and Alabama has a better QB than the Bills do.

Alabama wouldn’t score 12 points verses our defense 

and the Bills would score 40.

This is a joke thought, that they can win

Edited by Buffalo716

18 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

This remains the most absurd thread on the board. NFL greatly passes Alabama talent. The weakest NFL player on a roster is still a starter on an Alabama team in most cases.

No NCAA team could beat an NFL team.

Congratulations.  You’ve just brought absolutely nothing to this thread.  And you’re wrong.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Alabama wouldn’t score 12 points verses our defense 

and the Bills would score 40.

This is a joke thought, that they can win

The question wasn’t whether the Tide would beat the Bills; it was whether they could cover a 28-point spread.  

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Congratulations.  You’ve just brought absolutely nothing to this thread.  And you’re wrong.

That's one hell of a lazy retort.

What's more pathetic: the one who supposedly brought nothing or the one who confronts the other saying that they brought nothing and are wrong without any articulation on the subject?

Hold your breath, I won't bother considering any reply you make as it would be beneath me and a waste of my efforts of communicating with someone profoundly obtuse.

23 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

This remains the most absurd thread on the board. NFL greatly passes Alabama talent. The weakest NFL player on a roster is still a starter on an Alabama team in most cases.

No NCAA team could beat an NFL team.

I'm not sure why this concept is so difficult for people to understand. 

Just now, mannc said:

Because it’s probably not true?

I guess the only reason these threads continue to go on is because either side will never be proven to be correct. Like  Lebron vs. Jordan or arguing who's the best RB. We all have our opinions I suppose. 

3 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm not sure why this concept is so difficult for people to understand. 

Because some talking heads on A network brought it up to fill a 24 hr news cycle on sports to generate buzz, because @SpoogeCreamer6969 put it on Twitter and used it to gain followers, because @SportsWriterFromJoesBasementSportsReport on YouTube did a video of it, because BleacherReport put up some on Instagram and because people don't actually consider reality to be worth considering.

It's made every now and again, a simple point.  The worst NFL quarterback ever was at one point one of the top 30 quarterbacks in college, which makes him one of the top in the country of high schoolers and still someone who excelled to a level of success beyond any of us will achieve in our professions.  To spend a season on an NFL roster is one of the toughest things to do, Nate Peterman included.

6 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

That's one hell of a lazy retort.

What's more pathetic: the one who supposedly brought nothing or the one who confronts the other saying that they brought nothing and are wrong without any articulation on the subject?

Hold your breath, I won't bother considering any reply you make as it would be beneath me and a waste of my efforts of communicating with someone profoundly obtuse.

There’s not much to refute.  You’ve just stated a bare opinion with nothing to back it up, while tearing down the thread, which you’ve nonetheless deemed worth participating in.  Read some of the earlier posts; lots of folks have brought logical arguments to support their positions.  Feel free to do the same.

4 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I guess the only reason these threads continue to go on is because either side will never be proven to be correct. Like  Lebron vs. Jordan or arguing who's the best RB. We all have our opinions I suppose. 

Well, it’s certainly true that we’ll never really know the answer.  But there are some interesting data points, as well as opinions of various NFL players quoted in the article above, that suggest the game would be far more competitive than a lot of the dismissive posters here suggest.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Cause Saban was such a winner in Miami? He is great in Bama cause his talent is better than others

It wasn’t because he was scared of McBeane. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Cause Saban was such a winner in Miami? He is great in Bama cause his talent is better than others

Put the Koolaid down, it is affecting your brain.

I think defensively we would manhandle them.  Our front four would overpower the line on every play.  Our CBs would outmatch their WRs both in physicality at the line and speed down the field.  All of this doesn’t take into account the vast difference in technique any NFL player has over a college player.

Take Shaq Lawson for example.  He has had a very slow start to his NFL career given his draft status, although has been coming along slowly but surly the past year and a half.  In college, against college competition, he was one of the best defensive players in the country, dominating on pure physical superiority.  You would have to think if he magically went back to college today, he would, at worst, reassert himself as one of the best players in the country.  More probably, he would be head and shoulders better now than he was when he left, making him likely the best defensive player in the nation.  He is not in the top 10 player on the bills, and is a rotational starter on our defensive line.  

On offense it may be harder to envision we dominate at first glance given how poor our offense has been.  Again I would submit we dominate them.  Our offensive line would easily control the line.  We just controlled the line all day against a Jets front four with immense NFL level talent.  But I think a more illustrative example would be looking at our RBs.  I would submit shady would be easily the best RB in college football if he magically went back to play college this season.  I really don’t think it would be close.  Some probably would argue this stating his age and that he has lost a step, but I think he would pull away from most college defenders.  Putting shady to the side however, just contemplate Chris Ivory.  The guy runs harder than anyone in the NFL; he is an absolute battering ram.  No college level DB and very very few safeties could bring him down.  He would literally run through them.  So considering that, i would submit, if we ran every single play we had the ball, and the defense knowing we were running, we would still average 5+ yards a carry on the back of the physicality of the line and our runners.

Edited by Bill Murray
  • Thank you (+1) 1