The biggest myth on the Process/Rebuild

bostonadguy

The biggest problem you have with tearing down a roster and getting rid of good players is that by becoming so non-competitive, the players remaining get comfortable with losing and you breed  a losing culture and undermine what you are trying to do in the first place.

It seems all they care about is high character guys and not football players. You kind of need both.

if McDermott and Beane aren’t careful, they won’t last long enough for the rebuild.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, sullim4 said:

Bingo.  McDermott has lost the locker room and respect of the fans.  Even with tens of millions in cap space, who would want to come here?

Got proof of this? Defense is still playing their minds out

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

if youre defending Rex you lose all credibility 

And you think McDermott is doing a better job.

wasnt a fan of Rex however

Edited by Helpmenow
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Helpmenow said:

And you think McDermott is doing a better job.

wasnt a fan of Rex however

McD made playoffs. 'Nuff said. 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Both are inept in different ways.

You don't like anyone we put at HC so whats the point. 

Just now, Helpmenow said:

McDermott had cincinnati help his sorry ass

McD had to turn the season around to get the team there. Cry about it. 

And John gruden won the supernowl, you defend him now

Gruden is also rebuilding the team. 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Yes thats it.

You don't like McD, you didn't like Rex, to my recollection you didn't like Marrone. 

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

McD made playoffs. 'Nuff said. 

You don't like anyone we put at HC so whats the point. 

Mcd is better than Rex, but what’s the accomplishment of making the playoffs and then regressing massively the next year?

I believe Rex was also 9-7 one year? Or 8-8 can’t remember.

Either way the chips just fell the Bills way last year. Doesn’t really mean anything to me IMO

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan11 said:

Mcd is better than Rex, but what’s the accomplishment of making the playoffs and then regressing massively the next year?

I believe Rex was also 9-7 one year? Or 8-8 can’t remember.

Either way the chips just fell the Bills way last year. Doesn’t really mean anything to me IMO

Rex underachieved. McD overachieved. That's the difference. 

• Like (+1) 1

I am not of the fan of the process as in terms of the way this rebuild has gone. I ask the question what does this do to the psychology of the players? These men are alphas who have spent their lives pursuing victory. 

Please don’t try and tell me the defense doesn’t look across the locker room and wonder what are we doing here? 

• Like (+1) 2

The 1985 & 1986 Bills lost a lot, but guys like Talley, Reed, B. Smith hated to lose and were key players on AFC championship teams.  One bad year does nothing other than give a team a chance to weed out the bad players.  You'll see a totally new group of receivers next year with the possible exception of Zay Jones.  

You amateur psychiatrists should stick to your day job. 

Gruden is rebuilding the team you mean tearing it apart.

Whatever, he's got 3 first round picks and plenty of cap room. 

How is McDermott a better coach?

I already gave you reasons. 

The biggest test is the coach/GM miscalculated the QB situation which is most important so do they have the ability to rebuild the team the way modern football is played. It feels like they want to build a team for the 2,000’s. Win with Defense and low-risk offense. That’s not th way the game is played anymore.

which means this rebuild could end up going for nothing.

Edited by bostonadguy
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Got proof of this? Defense is still playing their minds out

Points given up:

Week 1: 47

Week 2: 31

Week 3: 6

Week 4: 22

Week 5: 13

Week 6: 20

Week 7: 37

Week 8: 25

Week 9: 41 (so far)

If this is "playing their minds out" then I really don't know what to say.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, billsfan11 said:

For 1 year... Is Mcd overachieving this year?

What does 2017 mean at this point?

Jesus dude it meant that we no longer have the longest playoff drought in the league. He's obviously not overachieving this year. Next offseason is the money shot. 

Just now, sullim4 said:

Points given up:

Week 1: 47

Week 2: 31

Week 3: 6

Week 4: 22

Week 5: 13

Week 6: 20

Week 7: 37

Week 8: 25

Week 9: 41 (so far)

If this is "playing their minds out" then I really don't know what to say.

Come on, how many of those points are from pick-6s/fumble recoveries. 

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Jesus dude it meant that we no longer have the longest playoff drought in the league. He's obviously not overachieving this year. Next offseason is the money shot. 

You honestly care after watching this crap game after game that we don’t have the longest playoff drought?

22 minutes ago, bostonadguy said:

The biggest problem you have with tearing down a roster and getting rid of good players is that by becoming so non-competitive, the players remaining get comfortable with losing and you breed  a losing culture and undermine what you are trying to do in the first place.

It seems all they care about is high character guys and not football players. You kind of need both.

if McDermott and Beane aren’t careful, they won’t last long enough for the rebuild.

Agreed.   And keeping my fingers crossed...

31 minutes ago, bostonadguy said:

I don't know about biggest problem, but the biggest myth on the rebuilding process is that fans will be patient. Patience, grasshopper.

FIRE THEM ALL!!! ?

Edited by Dopey
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, bostonadguy said:

The “culture of losing” is pure BS.  Good players + winning = good culture 

48 minutes ago, bostonadguy said:

This is an interesting post considering they made the playoffs last year,

• Like (+1) 1