Peterman fact with just a twinge of hope

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

Is one of those circumstances that this game is at home?

No. I don't believe it matters one bit.  If you can play you can play home or road.  CHI will be a difficult test if he starts with a very tough run defense, and excellent pass rush, and a the fact that they lead the league in INTs.  Good Luck!

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

No. I don't believe it matters one bit.  If you can play you can play home or road.  CHI will be a difficult test if he starts with a very tough run defense, and excellent pass rush, and a the fact that they lead the league in INTs.  Good Luck!

Are you going to watch?

If so, what are you going to be hoping for while you are watching, or just not hope?

If you are watching, without any hope...why watch?

It can't be because you are a fan, CB. I do know that you are a fan, but a fan "hopes" his team will win.

Are you going to watch?

If so, what are you going to be hoping for while you are watching, or just not hope?

If you are watching, without any hope...why watch?

It can't be because you are a fan, CB. I do know that you are a fan, but a fan "hopes" his team will win.

I'm going to watch and hope he plays his butt off if he is indeed starting.  It's not what I expect given the limitations he has.   I also hope WRs, the OL, and the entire offense play like All-Pros, but I don't expect that either. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'm going to watch and hope he plays his butt off if he is indeed starting.  It's not what I expect given the limitations he has.   I also hope WRs, the OL, and the entire offense play like All-Pros, but I don't expect that either. 

Then we are on the same page.

I will also go back and make sure I didn't state "this is what he will do", or  "this is what I expect" (yeah I didn't)

Jeepers, CB, I actually use the words "twinge" and "hope" in the title of the thread.  Followed by "seemingly impossible to find a positive stat".

EDIT:  although I am willing to change Twinge!  :D

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Some QB's have home/away splits.  This is an extreme one.  But given that the game is at home, I'll take it. 

I think he plays well this week.  And I hope Daboll runs IVORY into stacked boxes.  No more setting Shady up for failure with that.  Throw Shady the ball.  Use him as another WR if needed. 

Then we are on the same page.

I will also go back and make sure I didn't state "this is what he will do", or  "this is what I expect" (yeah I didn't)

Jeepers, CB, I actually use the words "twinge" and "hope" in the title of the thread.  Followed by "seemingly impossible to find a positive stat".

Circumstances man.  I always look behind the numbers and I'm not going to cheerleader it up for any of the Bills' players if their performance says they stink.  I've been killing Benjamin all season because he's mostly played like dog poo with low energy. Funny how no one seems to mind that. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Circumstances man.  I always look behind the numbers and I'm not going to cheerleader it up for any of the Bills' players if their performance says they stink.  I've been killing Benjamin all season because he's mostly played like dog poo with low energy. Funny how no one seems to mind that. 

I truly would have been fine out-and-out cutting Benjamin and bringing in somebody, anybody else as a WR body, above and beyond Pryor.

EDIT:  Let me clarify. I am glad they brought in Pryor, but I would have still cut Benjamin and brought in another WR.  Considering how bad we are at the position, why not.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 3

A lot of those throws were garbage time vs the Saints, if I recall correctly.  The Saints were giving the Bills everything underneath and letting them just march down the field slowly because they were winning by like 30 points

I think the best thing that the coaching staff can do for Peterman is not call any of those short out routes.  It seems that the cornerbacks jump this route on Peterman every time and I would be willing to bet that at least 3 of his interceptions came on these plays.  If the coaching really wanted to get intelligent, they should use the defense's aggression against themselves when Peterman is in, pump fake the out and then have the receiver go

Edited by berg1029

1 minute ago, Azucho98 said:

They threw shady the ball last week....once for good yardage and that was the end of that.  Daboll is a fool.

Your right.  And it was insanity last week until the 4th Quarter I think.   Keep running Shady up the middle.  That's not his thing, that is Ivory's thing.  Put Ivory in, he averages something like 4.5 yards a carry.  If you want to run the ball, esp. with this line, you need to put the right players in the right positions to succeed. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Some QB's have home/away splits.  This is an extreme one.  But given that the game is at home, I'll take it. 

I think he plays well this week.  And I hope Daboll runs IVORY into stacked boxes.  No more setting Shady up for failure with that.  Throw Shady the ball.  Use him as another WR if needed. 

This^^ run Ivory and throw to shady please

51 minutes ago, wppete said:

?Are those Peterman career stats??  That is unbelievable.  How is McBean not held accountable for starting Peterman again? If he has a similar game to his last start does McBean have to answer for this? How many times can you let your coach off the hook?

Embarrassing Pegulas. Embarrassing.  

I get the sentiment. However, just who is he supposed to start in lieu this week? Barkley who hasn’t even had a chance to barely throw let alone absorb even a portion of the playbook? DA Statue who’s head is still ringing? If there were a choice at this moment between NP and a realistic other option, I’d be more in your camp 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I know, it really didn't need it's own thread and after a little while the mods can be free to close it.

I just didn't want it to get lost in the minutia, because it is seemingly impossible to find a positive stat on the young man.

I did a quick check on his stats and I believe I am correct.

Nate has appeared in 7 games that matter as a Bill.  Three of those games have been at home.  In those three home games he is 18-35 for 186 yards, 2 touchdowns and 0 interceptions.

Nate...buddy, please try and keep up this trend.

Go BIlls.

if i am not mistaken, each of those tds came on 7/10 or 8/10 79/80 yd. 2 minute drives.... which were perfect. (drops notwithstanding)

he may be the only bills qb to run a 80 yd drive with a pass td in a 2 min.drive since.....who? (one of those drives in the worst weather ever game).

or here may be a little fun factoid:  nate has thrown 1/3 of the td passes so far, over 8 games and has played less than two qtrs.

Edited by billsredneck1

1st law of statistics.....statistics lie.

Second.....start with 30 as a sample size....then look at the 30 (passes) determine variability (which is extremely high), then increase sample size to get an accurate sampling of trends etc. 

Third.....refer to #1