Get Foles, WR via FA, Draft lineman

BigSky

On 10/31/2018 at 4:27 AM, Doc Brown said:

Who's going to tell him?

WTF are you talking about? This coming from someone who thought Beckham was gonna be a FA next year. LOL

On 10/31/2018 at 9:58 AM, The Jokeman said:

In UFA my top guy to get be Tyrell Williams as he has deep speed and shown he can be at least a #2 with the Chargers. Also guys like Golden Tate, Chris Hogan, Quincy Enuwa, Ryan Grant would make my short list as guys I see that are better than our depth guys. While I like Holmes as a ST, he just not producing enough in passing game.

Sorry about your sorry list of FA. I have higher standards.

On 10/30/2018 at 11:23 PM, Thurman#1 said:

Nor anywhere else, not for $20 mill.

Some of these guys will re-sign, but there's plenty out there.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2783459-an-early-look-at-the-2019-nfl-free-agent-class#slide3

1. Odell Beckham Jr., New York Giants
2. Brandin Cooks, Los Angeles Rams
3. Stefon Diggs, Minnesota Vikings
4. Golden Tate, Detroit Lions
5. Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals

The top five free-agent wide receivers only scratch the surface of potential movement. Beckham, Cooks and Diggs are 25 years old or younger and established No. 1 targets. Tate is the game's best after the catch. Fitzgerald will again consider retirement next offseason, but three straight 100-reception seasons say he's far from done.

Randall Cobb, Kelvin Benjamin, Devin Funchess, Martavis Bryant, Jermaine Kearse, Rishard Matthews, Donte Moncrief, Cole Beasley, Tyler Lockett and Tyrell Williams are wonderful second-tier options. Whatever skill a team lacks in its passing game, it can find in free agency next year.

Beckham, Diggs and Cooks have already re-signed. Fitz isn’t finishing his career in Buffalo and Tate is likely staying in Philly.

On 10/31/2018 at 9:10 AM, GunnerBill said:

The problem with the theory is the FA OL class is where the options are. The FA WR class is not good.

This times 1,000,000x. People get so set in how they think a roster should be built. I always encourage people to look at the names and not the position. You don’t take QB if EJ Manuel is the best QB in the draft. You don’t focus your FA efforts on WR when there isn’t anyone to fill your need at the top of the depth chart. The talent available shapes the plan not the other way around.

On 10/31/2018 at 4:16 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

Chris Conley of the Chiefs is the guy to get in my opinion. Ridiculous athlete who isn't really getting a ton of chances to shine with KC. He's a good guy and a smart guy who is a bit quirky and I think he would be well liked in Buffalo. I thought he was really interesting in the draft a few years ago. He has upside if he can put things together. 

6-3, 4.35 forty with a 45 inch vert. He's played well when guys have been hurt and out but he is a bit buried in KC. 

I could certainly get behind signing Conley.... but you need a #1 too. I think gambling on him to be that would be an error. 

I'd bring Ryan Fitzpatrick back, trade for him if you have to. Then I'd sign Ryan Kalil to start at C. Then in the draft I'd take Marquise Brown, I think he has elite #1 potential and then by that point Zay should be coming along as a solid #2. Whole OL needs to be gutted, I'd keep Dawkins, Mills, Teller and Bodine but would definitely need to spend multiple draft picks here. Tavon Austin is a guy I'd offer a deal as well and shouldn't cost too much, could be a solid #3 and return man.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I could certainly get behind signing Conley.... but you need a #1 too. I think gambling on him to be that would be an error. 

I agree. I just don't see a number 1 out there this year. That's why I think we might have to take a leap of faith on a Josh Gordon or Martavis Bryant. Perhaps there is a trade to be made somewhere out there. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

I'd bring Ryan Fitzpatrick back, trade for him if you have to. Then I'd sign Ryan Kalil to start at C. Then in the draft I'd take Marquise Brown, I think he has elite #1 potential and then by that point Zay should be coming along as a solid #2. Whole OL needs to be gutted, I'd keep Dawkins, Mills, Teller and Bodine but would definitely need to spend multiple draft picks here. Tavon Austin is a guy I'd offer a deal as well and shouldn't cost too much, could be a solid #3 and return man.

Trade assets for Ryan Fitzpatrick? That makes no sense with Josh Allen here.  Use premium assets (both draft picks and cap space to sign UFAs) to build up the offense in support of Allen's development next year and beyond. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Trade assets for Ryan Fitzpatrick? That makes no sense with Josh Allen here.  Use premium assets (both draft picks and cap space to sign UFAs) to build up the offense in support of Allen's development next year and beyond. 

I'd give up a 5th for Fitz, he's good for the occasional 4 TD game, 14 year NFL vet. Allen could take his sweet time.

Just now, NewDayBills said:

I'd give up a 5th for Fitz, he's good for the occasional 4 TD game, 14 year NFL vet. Allen could take his sweet time.

No thanks.  Developing Allen via in-game experience is paramount and I doubt TB would trade him given the ups and down of Jameis Winston.

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

What if he never develops though? Then the season is a guaranteed tank, with Fitz on the roster you protect yourself from that.

A 36 year old Ryan Fitzpatrick does nothing for the future of the franchise irrespective of Allen.  Allen needs better weapons and playing experience and that's what Beane and McDermott will give him. 

3 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

The same Baltimore team that has one of the top 3 defenses in NFL history and has 4 HOF players? I would hope Tyrod could have won a SB with that team.

Thats kind of my point man.

8 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

What if he never develops though? Then the season is a guaranteed tank, with Fitz on the roster you protect yourself from that.

What if your aunt had balls?

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

A 36 year old Ryan Fitzpatrick does nothing for the future of the franchise irrespective of Allen.  Allen needs better weapons and playing experience and that's what Beane and McDermott will give him. 

We can do all these things, once again though I see a strong need for a scrappy veteran at QB, someone that could start if needed. I don't think that's even debatable honestly, no better guy than Fitz.