Red Dead Redemption 2

DrDawkinstein

Curious what everyone has in their stables, types and if you gave them a name.  I have three rank four horses at the moment

Buell:

Probably the most balanced horse I've encountered.  Decent health, stamina, speed, and acceleration.  I don't think Buell ever ran into a tree or tripped over a boulder, and doesn't seem to get as spooked by nearby predators.  And then there's his back story which makes him a keeper

Tiger:

Tiger Striped Mustang.  A rare wild mustang, nowhere near as good stats as the White Arabian but still a very good horse.  Ran into her while hunting the legendary pronghorn.  Tiger's had a few trips but I don't think she's run smack into a tree

Slumlord:

Rose Grey Arabian.  The best statistical horse in the game.  The White Arabian is the best wild horse in the game but the Rose Grey has better speed and acceleration (7/7 vs 6/6).  The Arabians (Black, White, and Rose Grey) all have a reputation for running into trees and tripping over stuff, which I can confirm :wallbash:.  There are two ways to get the Rose Grey, either buy it in Blackwater ($1,000ish) or steal one :devil:.  There are a few spawn points in towns where the horse breeds are random, usually the low end Kentucky Saddlers or Morgans.  But every once in a while they'll spawn a higher end breed.  So over the weekend I'm riding past one of these spots, check out the horses, and score!  I didn't even have to break him like a wild horse and no witnesses so no bounty either.  The particular spot was in the northern Saint Denis outskirts/slums, hence the name Slumlord

I haven't spent much time in the Grizzlies yet, but when I do I'll try to track down the White Arabian to fill my stable

19 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Curious what everyone has in their stables, types and if you gave them a name.  I have three rank four horses at the moment

Buell:

Probably the most balanced horse I've encountered.  Decent health, stamina, speed, and acceleration.  I don't think Buell ever ran into a tree or tripped over a boulder, and doesn't seem to get as spooked by nearby predators.  And then there's his back story which makes him a keeper

Tiger:

Tiger Striped Mustang.  A rare wild mustang, nowhere near as good stats as the White Arabian but still a very good horse.  Ran into her while hunting the legendary pronghorn.  Tiger's had a few trips but I don't think she's run smack into a tree

Slumlord:

Rose Grey Arabian.  The best statistical horse in the game.  The White Arabian is the best wild horse in the game but the Rose Grey has better speed and acceleration (7/7 vs 6/6).  The Arabians (Black, White, and Rose Grey) all have a reputation for running into trees and tripping over stuff, which I can confirm :wallbash:.  There are two ways to get the Rose Grey, either buy it in Blackwater ($1,000ish) or steal one :devil:.  There are a few spawn points in towns where the horse breeds are random, usually the low end Kentucky Saddlers or Morgans.  But every once in a while they'll spawn a higher end breed.  So over the weekend I'm riding past one of these spots, check out the horses, and score!  I didn't even have to break him like a wild horse and no witnesses so no bounty either.  The particular spot was in the northern Saint Denis outskirts/slums, hence the name Slumlord

I haven't spent much time in the Grizzlies yet, but when I do I'll try to track down the White Arabian to fill my stable

I got the horse with the Ultimate Edition. Supposed to be the best and fastest. No problems with her to this point. 

6 hours ago, mrags said:

I got the horse with the Ultimate Edition. Supposed to be the best and fastest. No problems with her to this point. 

The pre-order horse is an above average horse but nowhere near the best.  And Pay-To-Win is not as much fun as breaking a wild horse (like my Tiger Mustang), stealing a horse (Slumlord) or completion of a mission (Buell)

11 hours ago, /dev/null said:

The pre-order horse is an above average horse but nowhere near the best.  And Pay-To-Win is not as much fun as breaking a wild horse (like my Tiger Mustang), stealing a horse (Slumlord) or completion of a mission (Buell)

There’s 2 different pre order horses. I have yet to see any horse with stats as good as mine 

26 minutes ago, mrags said:

There’s 2 different pre order horses. I have yet to see any horse with stats as good as mine 

I can't find the stats on the pre-order horse in this chart:

https://rankedboost.com/red-dead-redemption-2/horse-saddle/

But the following video looks like they about 4 health, 4 stamina, 7 speed, and 5 acceleration.  (7/7/10/8 at level 4).  Very nice stats but you can find similar or better in game

The horse I'm riding now is base 7/7/6/6.  At level 4 it's 10/10/9/9. 

And there's a Stranger mission outside Rhodes where a woman on a horse challenges you to a race.  If you win the race legitimately (no shortcuts or murder) your horse gets +1 speed

A 10/10/10/9 horse is awesome except when the thing keeps running into trees and boulders :wallbash:

Nothing like exploring the Southwest part of the map and your horse trips over a boulder sending you flying over the edge of a canyon

10 hours ago, /dev/null said:

A 10/10/10/9 horse is awesome except when the thing keeps running into trees and boulders :wallbash:

Nothing like exploring the Southwest part of the map and your horse trips over a boulder sending you flying over the edge of a canyon

I've been in wolf country a bit more often lately and nothing is more annoying than the way the camera spins a bit as the horse freaks out.

59 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

A wise choice

RDO has a story/tutorial that picks up after Epilogue II

this is actually very good to know.  i'm still not terribly far into the story.  i'm still waiting to meet the italian guy in saint denis.

8 minutes ago, teef said:

this is actually very good to know.  i'm still not terribly far into the story.  i'm still waiting to meet the italian guy in saint denis.

Im holding off on RDO until the bugs are worked out. 

But from what I've read it starts on a part of the map you haven't traveled to yet, references a main story line you haven't experienced yet, and ends in Blackwater.

Would it have blew the budget to have more than one animation after winning a poker hand? 

Insignificant observation aside, I’ve spent so much time wandering/hunting that I’m only in chapter 3. I’m definitely holding off with online play until I get my fill of the story mode. 

28 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

Insignificant observation aside, I’ve spent so much time wandering/hunting that I’m only in chapter 3. I’m definitely holding off with online play until I get my fill of the story mode. 

I haven't played in a week or so, but plan on firing it up today. I'm stll stuck in Chapter 2 where you have to get Dutch out  of Valentiine. Having trouble with the shootout. I too think I'll wait a while to try online mode. 

Played 1 online match of make it count which is the take royale mode...

it was throwing knives and butcher knives only... last one standing is winner

I got down to the final 2... turn around and the guy is running right at me knife in hand... he tackles me,,, i punch him off me before he stabs me in the chest

we square off in a old fashion knife fight...

i dodge him and stab him in the neck! Winner winner!

• 1 month later...
On 11/27/2018 at 11:30 PM, /dev/null said:

Buell:

Tiger:

Slumlord:

I have 1 horse named Azel.....hes about 3/4 the height of any other horses and his stats aren't that great but it seems to do pretty well. Is there any benefits of having a real good horse as opposed to a medium horse?

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I have 1 horse named Azel.....hes about 3/4 the height of any other horses and his stats aren't that great but it seems to do pretty well. Is there any benefits of having a real good horse as opposed to a medium horse?

Better stamina and less prone to bucking when attacked by wild animals 

a bit faster too