Red Dead Redemption 2

DrDawkinstein

On 1/28/2019 at 10:02 AM, shrader said:

I had one strange thing happen in that swamp the other day.  I'm assuming it was tied into them, but I have no idea what actually happened.  I was fishing for the legendary in there and when I left, my horse was suddenly spooked by something and a strange single mysterious note played.  Arthur said something like "...was that", but when I looked around, I didn't see anything.  It was super foggy too, so it's very possible I just missed something.

Oh, and I bagged the legendary jaguar yesterday.  That was a serious pain in the ass.  Damn thing must have killed me at least ten times without even getting a single shot off.  Somehow I actually managed to sneak up on it the last time.  I wasn't messing around at that point, so I blew it's head off with the only explosive rifle round I had.  I enjoyed seeing that headless jaguar on the back of my horse as I took it to the trapper.

Did you end up catching the legendary fish in the swamp? If so, any tips? 

I’ve tried 3 or 4 separate times now and just kept catching lake sturgeon.

I use the special swamp lure and have tried standing in a few different spots, and even tried taking that little rowboat out. 

This is the first legendary fish I’ve had trouble catching. The other 8 I’ve vaught I had no problem with. 

10 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Did you end up catching the legendary fish in the swamp? If so, any tips? 

I’ve tried 3 or 4 separate times now and just kept catching lake sturgeon.

I use the special swamp lure and have tried standing in a few different spots, and even tried taking that little rowboat out. 

This is the first legendary fish I’ve had trouble catching. The other 8 I’ve vaught I had no problem with. 

I can barely get any fish to show up there.  I may try it again some other time with a boat.  I wonder if even a single gator in the water somewhere may mess with your chances.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, shrader said:

I can barely get any fish to show up there.  I may try it again some other time with a boat.  I wonder if even a single gator in the water somewhere may mess with your chances.

i haven't played RDR2 in about 2 months and never got into fishing.  the best luck i had was running over a fish riding thru a stream :lol:

speaking of gators and fishing, one time i tried fishing i moved to a few different spots and ended up a distance away from my horse.  so i'm minding my own business fishing when i notice a my horse fall to the ground, thrash around a second, get up, and run away with a gator in brief pursuit :ph34r:

16 hours ago, /dev/null said:

i haven't played RDR2 in about 2 months and never got into fishing.  the best luck i had was running over a fish riding thru a stream :lol:

speaking of gators and fishing, one time i tried fishing i moved to a few different spots and ended up a distance away from my horse.  so i'm minding my own business fishing when i notice a my horse fall to the ground, thrash around a second, get up, and run away with a gator in brief pursuit :ph34r:

My personal favorite was my very first encounter with a gator.  I was riding through the swamp and my horse freaked and threw me off, pretty much right into the open jaws of a gator.  My response: "This game has gators?"

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, shrader said:

My personal favorite was my very first encounter with a gator.  I was riding through the swamp and my horse freaked and threw me off, pretty much right into the open jaws of a gator.  My response: "This game has gators?"

I made the mistake of seeing a gator and trying to shoot it with my shotgun. 

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Too much of my life has been consumed on a quest for a perfect badger pelt.

Here - 

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/01-02-2019-red-dead-redemption-2-hunting-animals-list-selling-pelts-tracking/legendary-buck-pelt

Go there and hunt/kill the legendary buck if you haven’t already.

Tip - keep turning your deadeye on and then watch the mini map, when looking for the animal clues question mark to start the hunt. You will see that question mark (to start the hunt) you are looking for pop up on the mini map. 

Then go to the fence and have the Buck antler trinket made.

It makes it way easier to get a perfect pelt when hunting animals. As long as you use the right weapon, you usually always get a perfect pelt (even from the 2 star animals sometimes). 

Here are some badger locations and tips (it says hunt at night) -

https://www.polygon.com/red-dead-redemption-2-guide/2018/11/6/18069228/badger-perfect-pelt-map-location

heres another couple locations if that one doesn’t work -

https://rankedboost.com/red-dead-redemption-2/badger/

https://www.ign.com/wikis/red-dead-redemption-2/Badger_Location_and_Perfect_Pelt_Hunting_Guide

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Too much of my life has been consumed on a quest for a perfect badger pelt.

There's an oil rig east of Valentine.  I setup a camp there and then wondered around for a while.  Badgers show up constantly, you just have to wait for a pristine one.

16 hours ago, /dev/null said:

the only time i have been poisoned by a snake was one I was chasing.  they tend to slither away

They're fast as hell too.  Anytime my horse gets freaked out by a snake, I immediately jump off and try to kill it.  I wind up following the trail for a while before actually get to it.  Yesterday was the first time I actually ran into a rattlesnake actually acting like a rattlesnake.  I walked towards some herbs to pick them but then the rattle went off.  That's probably the first time I ever bumped into one while on foot.

Between getting lost in the game, and our baby being born, I totally forgot I even made this thread. Glad to see you guys keeping it going strong.

Where to even begin since Day 1...

Once again R* really knocked it out of the park with an amazing immersive game with a ton of depth and detail. I've been regularly browsing the reddeadmysteries subreddit and am blown away with the amount of seemingly small details that can be spun into entire story lines.

I havent combed through all 12 pages here yet, but in case no one has posted it, check out rdr2map.com as well.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Has anybody else run into multiple Klan rallies randomly while riding down the trail? By the way, killing a klansman gains you honor.

I'm just about ready to see if the same thing happens if you take out that guy searching for Gavin.

6 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I havent ran across any. What part of map do you see them?

Somwhere around Rhodes. It was in the middle of the night. 

7 minutes ago, shrader said:

I'm just about ready to see if the same thing happens if you take out that guy searching for Gavin.

I just found that guy yesterday. It it possible to help him? Does Gavin even exist in the game?

2 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Has anybody else run into multiple Klan rallies randomly while riding down the trail? By the way, killing a klansman gains you honor.

Yeah, Im unfortunately all the way through all of my Klan interactions. Had a great time blowing them up, lassoing them and hanging them off of cliffs and bridges, and finding other great torture methods for them. My favorite was when the giant burning cross fell and crushed a bunch of them. Lot of laughs. Well deserved.

12 minutes ago, shrader said:

You dont get honor, but be sure to loot him in order to get a clue as to who/where Gavin is.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yeah, Im unfortunately all the way through all of my Klan interactions. Had a great time blowing them up, lassoing them and hanging them off of cliffs and bridges, and finding other great torture methods for them. My favorite was when the giant burning cross fell and crushed a bunch of them. Lot of laughs. Well deserved.

You dont get honor, but be sure to loot him in order to get a clue as to who/where Gavin is.

I'm at the point where I'm not allowed to use guns in Rhodes because I'm a deputy.