Captains call “Players Only” meeting to discuss Special Teams - Bye-Bye Ray-Ray?

YoloinOhio

22 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Can he do something about guys being offsides on a kick where they just need to stand still until the ball leaves the tee?

If I'm not mistaken, all off-side penalties on kick-offs have been the fault of one player, Deon Lacey. It comes to a point where you have to send a message. Put him in the inactive list until he learn or cut him. Bellichick does this all the time with guys that fumble and guys that take stupid penalties. 

On 10/19/2018 at 2:56 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Much needed - this team is nowhere close to good enough to win games with the types of ST gaffes that have occurred the last 2 weeks 

How true.

Does anyone remember the Marv Levy emphasis on Special Teams? Marv was a Special Teams afficionado.. he was crazy about them. That's what created Mark Kelso and Steve Tasker. That's what wins games. That's what is needed now.

If I send a 1-800-Edible basket to McBean, will they get the message?

5 hours ago, boater said:

How true.

Does anyone remember the Marv Levy emphasis on Special Teams? Marv was a Special Teams afficionado.. he was crazy about them. That's what created Mark Kelso and Steve Tasker. That's what wins games. That's what is needed now.

Mark Kelso??   You mean Mark Pike?

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/19/2018 at 5:15 PM, row_33 said:

aside from a great punter, I wasn't aware the Bills cared about ST at all since 2000

Except we have one of the best FG kickers in the league and a rookie punter who is an inside the 20 machine. 

It's funny how ppl on here created the narrative that our ST is just atrocious,and I watched every play, they have made many errors , but also have some great plays and ST is a HUGE part in 1 of our 2 wins. Also a huge part in one of our losses.. it's not nearly as bad as you'll read on here but it def needs some cleaning up in certain areas .

7 hours ago, boater said:

How true.

If I send a 1-800-Edible basket to McBean, will they get the message?

I don't remember Kelso that way. I remember him primarily at safety. Started at Free Safety the majority of the games each of his seven or eight seasons (except for one year he got hurt or something).