MNF: SF vs. GB at 8:15 PM ET on ESPN

Who Wins Tonight?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins Tonight?

• SDS unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

So...whatdya think the Packers will take for him in trade?...

when they told him he was being put on an ice floe to Buffalo, the glare and stare would melt all the ice in GB winters for a decade

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

If they really weren't calling that all game, then yes.

Then that’s even more inexcusable.

You have to call those all game or let them play.

They choose to let them play all game and then decide to call it on the most crucial play of the game. How convenient

31 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Then that’s even more inexcusable.

You have to call those all game or let them play.

They choose to let them play all game and then decide to call it on the most crucial play of the game. How convenient

I personally did not see most of the game so I can't confirm whether or not the refs were actually letting this stuff go throughout the game. My point is that it's a blatant penalty. If the refs screwed up earlier in the game, then they screwed up. Refs are supposed to call penalties when penalties occur regardless of the situation and in the case of the Sherman penalty, they made the correct call. If you want to argue that they missed similar calls earlier in the game, I can't really argue that since I didn't see it, but there's really no argument to be made that what Sherman did is not a penalty.

13 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I personally did not see most of the game so I can't confirm whether or not the refs were actually letting this stuff go throughout the game. My point is that it's a blatant penalty. If the refs screwed up earlier in the game, then they screwed up. Refs are supposed to call penalties when penalties occur regardless of the situation and in the case of the Sherman penalty, they made the correct call. If you want to argue that they missed similar calls earlier in the game, I can't really argue that since I didn't see it, but there's really no argument to be made that what Sherman did is not a penalty.

I see what you’re saying but here is where I will disagree.

As someone who has played and watched baseball my whole life, I have seen my fair share of awful umpiring.

One thing you ask as a baseball player is consistency in the strike zone. Whether it is a strike or just outside of the zone. If the Ump is not calling the outside corner all game he HAS to stay consistent the whole game. You can’t just not call a pitch a strike the whole game and then ring someone up on the exact same pitch in the bottom of the 9th in a key situation. You just can’t.

The exact same thing applies to last night. As a ref/umpire you NEED to be consistent.

The ref last night decided he was going to let them play all night and then he calls that in the most crucial situation.

You just can’t do that as an official as it’s just plain wrong and unfair.

Edited by billsfan11