Trade for Foles and Peterson

BakersBills

2 minutes ago, BakersBills said:

this would make alot of sense for us. we get a plan B and legit starter.

though I doubt they would trade for a QB when they just signed anderson.

Foles is not in the Bills future. Didn't he get a 6 million bump after last year?

He would never resign in Buffalo..He wants too start. i would gauge the Bills interest at zero. 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Patrick Peterson has been rumored to be on the block.  I think if the Bills were to acquire him, they may seriously have the best defense in the league.  He is only 28 and you have him for two more years after this one to go with the young core on defense.  I would try to get him for a 4th.

Then you trade McCoy for Foles and with our defense you might be able to get enough out of the offense to push for a playoff position or at least go into the off-season with your high picks still in tact and a ton of cap space.  Then you focus almost entirely on adding offense in free agency and the draft and have a much better situation next season.

5 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Patrick Peterson has been rumored to be on the block.  I think if the Bills were to acquire him, they may seriously have the best defense in the league.  He is only 28 and you have him for two more years after this one to go with the young core on defense.  I would try to get him for a 4th.

Then you trade McCoy for Foles and with our defense you might be able to get enough out of the offense to push for a playoff position or at least go into the off-season with your high picks still in tact and a ton of cap space.  Then you focus almost entirely on adding offense in free agency and the draft and have a much better situation next season.

Do you honestly think this is anywhere in the realm of possibility?

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Please stop this. Neither team will make this deal.  Foles is a backup QB who occasionally plays well. 

....amazing how this is so hard to grasp.....guess we need to have 100 "Foles trade" threads before subject is "officially exhausted"................

Would be a fair trade and good for both teams. Allen isn’t ready to be a starter even if healthy. Foles would be a great mentor and we  could win now. If Foles is awesome we could sign him long term. 

PS if this has already been discussed please delete. I haven’t been here in awhile. 

1 minute ago, BigSky said:

Would be a fair trade and good for both teams. Allen isn’t ready to be a starter even if healthy. Foles would be a great mentor and we  could win now. If Foles is awesome we could sign him long term. 

PS if this has already been discussed please delete. I haven’t been here in awhile. 

This will never happen because the Eagles aren't stupid enough to trade a good backup qb, but Smallwood was FO's lowest rated RB last week. Just sayin'.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2018/week-6-quick-reads

Not interested in hitching wagon to career backup and making another Fitz mistake. I would rather draft another QB high than go this route. Bills are not winning a Super Bowl this year with this offensive roster and that would be the only consideration I would give to Foles if we had a team that could compete for a championship.

Edited by billieve420