Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Value is all relative. If I’m the Eagles I don’t give up more than a 4th. If I’m the Bills I don’t take less than a 2nd. Different teams have different values on players, (and positions as a whole). It has nothing to do with Bills fans overvaluing him because he’s on the Bills. It’s what he’s worth to the Bills vs another team that’s a bit different, based on the makeup and circumstance of those teams.

Remember that Sam Bradford somehow got traded for a 1st rounder twice.

33 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I think Clayton pretty much nailed what is McCoy's actual trade value. I don't think Buffalo will trade him for that though. Probably need a 3rd without strings attached to get it done from Buffalo's end even though McCoy probably isn't worth that anymore.

Yeah if we are asking for a 2nd and 3rd that means it isn't happening. That's an offer you throw out because you aren't serious about trading him.

2 minutes ago, YodaMan79 said:

He's on the wrong side of 30 and owed a decent amount of money and a known scumbag around the league.  No chance of the 3rd or a 4th.  Too many of you are emotionally tied into the guy thinking he has value.  I'm sorry to say he doesn't.  I wish they could get what some of think they could.  It's entertaining how most of you are trading players like you're in Madden. 

If they called to see if he’s available, he has value. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, YodaMan79 said:

He's on the wrong side of 30 and owed a decent amount of money and a known scumbag around the league.  No chance of the 3rd or a 4th.  Too many of you are emotionally tied into the guy thinking he has value.  I'm sorry to say he doesn't.  I wish they could get what some of think they could.  It's entertaining how most of you are trading players like you're in Madden. 

If the eagles don’t value him that high, and it makes sense that they wouldn’t,  then the trade won’t happen because the Bills aren’t looking to trade him, it has nothing to do with “emotion.” The Bills have the leverage here, not the Eagles. They want to keep him, don’t  need mid round picks, don’t need the cap space... eagles are the ones who called them. They basically said sure, we’ll talk if you want to give us a 2 and a 3 knowing full well that they won’t. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

If they called to see if he’s available, he has value. 

They called to see if they were ready to throw in the towel and be taken advantage of.  I don't consider a 5th rd pick worth it, a conditional one at that. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I’d trade him for just a 2nd.  No questions asked.  I’d consider trading him for a 3rd.  I’d rather have Harrison Phillips and his contract than shady.  I’d rather have Taron Johnson and his contract over shady. Shady is better at the moment, but he’s not going to be around for the finished product.  I’ll take the building blocks over a rb than can help us get to 7-8 wins max this year and maybe be around next year. 

I love shady.  Watching the bills without will suck for the remainder of the year.  It will suck for josh Allen. It will suck for our W/L record.  I want a super bowl gents.  It’s very unlikely shady will ever contribute to that.  I’ll take the pick that may

I would argue that without Shady we don't win last Sunday, and would further argue that running that four minute offense, and going down the field for the win, using all of the time, was invaluable experience for Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, YodaMan79 said:

John Clayton was on the air here.  The best the Bills can hope for is a conditional 5th according to the experts and other former GMs.  He doesn't have the value most of you think.  Being the tallest little person at the circus doesn't increase his real-world value.  Just keep him at this point to help develop Allen. 

Howie Roseman isn't a sucker.  He's normally the one doing the fleecing.

If that is the case (only a 5th), there is NO reason to trade him.  F the Eagles.

20 minutes ago, YodaMan79 said:

John Clayton was on the air here.  The best the Bills can hope for is a conditional 5th according to the experts and other former GMs.  He doesn't have the value most of you think.  Being the tallest little person at the circus doesn't increase his real-world value.  Just keep him at this point to help develop Allen. 

Howie Roseman isn't a sucker.  He's normally the one doing the fleecing.

John Clayton hasn't been an expert or dialed in for at least... never. 

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Right.  Just like when the Bears called the Raiders about Khalil Mack. 

I don't see the correlation?  A transcendent player in his prime with many more years to create havoc vs. a guy with maybe a year left.  I wish I lived in the la la land of local Bills fans. You guys need to get out more. 

Just now, YodaMan79 said:

I don't see the correlation?  A transcendent player in his prime with many more years to create havoc vs. a guy with maybe a year left.  I wish I lived in the la la land of local Bills fans. You guys need to get out more. 

An argument could be made that perhaps they should stay in more and read/watch. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YodaMan79 said:

And both teams called about players they wanted for one reason or another.

Listen man, I'm just trying to explain economics.  There's a reason the Brownies traded a 3rd for a Tyrod Taylor who was going to be cut.  There's a reason Sam Bradford was traded for a second round pick and Nick Foles, and then a year later was traded for a first and fourth rounder.

It's called demand.  Sometimes it drives prices up.  The Eagles need a starting caliber RB in their Super Bowl window.  He is worth more to the Eagles than the Giants.  Demand.  

Really, it's that simple.

6 minutes ago, YodaMan79 said:

What about the ones that aren’t local? Do we escape your condescension?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I would argue that without Shady we don't win last Sunday, and would further argue that running that four minute offense, and going down the field for the win, using all of the time, was invaluable experience for Allen. 

Whatever value he got from that is outweighed by whatever help we could get him with a 3rd or 2nd round pick. But realistically I don't see it happening anyways. If it does happen it will be right before the trade deadline with the Bills out of the playoff race and the Eagles feeling like they're contenders again. A lot of things would have to go right (or in our case wrong) for that scenario to happen.