The NFL Admits the Browns Were Hosed in Week 4

NFL admits Browns should've gotten fumble

The NFL acknowledged Friday that an errant whistle cost the Cleveland Brownsa fumble recovery in their 45-42 overtime loss to the Oakland Raiders last Sunday.

The play, one of several controversial calls in the game, occurred with 6 minutes, 39 seconds remaining in regulation. Raiders quarterback Derek Carrlost control of the ball after Browns pass rushers Myles Garrett and Genard Avery hit him at the Oakland 38-yard line. Garrett recovered and began a return toward the end zone.

The Browns were also on the short end of another controversial ruling late in the game: Riveron's decision to reverse a key first-down measurement with 1:38 left in regulation.

Riveron did not mention it on Friday's video, but the league had earlier supported the ruling by saying Riveron determined Browns running back Carlos Hyde should have been marked one yard short of the first down. According to the league, Riveron pieced together the ruling by looking at evidence from two different views of the play.

4 hours ago, cba fan said:

The problem clearly is Riveron.

How can he miss that and also the Josh Allen fumble that should have been reversed.

I agree...I don't know how they didn't fire Riveron after last season, or at least demote him from his current position. It is somewhat understandable if a ref on the field misses something, but how Riveron can make as many bad calls as he does while having slo-mo video from every angle is beyond me.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Riveron is the nfls puppet.  After watching these ridiculous calls week after week....calls in which are so blatant and obvious....one can only come to the conclusion that the NFL is getting exactly what they want out of riveron.  A puppet.  

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Riveron is the nfls puppet.  After watching these ridiculous calls week after week....calls in which are so blatant and obvious....one can only come to the conclusion that the NFL is getting exactly what they want out of riveron.  A puppet.  

I wish i could argue with you but after last year the fact he still has same position tells me they are ok with his absurd rulings. I read that this year he would only overturn obvious mistakes and yet here we are again. I am watching much more college this year since i do not understand basic concepts in the NFL anymore based on his rulings.

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

try and digest this......Al Riveron immediately came out publicly and said the Clay Matthews call was "the right call" despite every commentator, ex-official and even the damn Russian judge said no way......so this clown is objective?...seriously?.......the zebra protector?......hell Al....Sharpton would be better................