10-5: McDermott Presser at 10:20 AM ET - Clay, Hyde, and Bush Will Not Practice; Marlowe May Be Activated from PS

We should get updated injury statuses on Charles Clay, Rafael Bush, and Micah Hyde who were all DNP yesterday.  Practice is at 11 AM and usually held at New Era Field on Fridays prior to a home game.  Practice Participation/Game Status Designations will be out today.

Live Links to the presser will be posted in the OP and can be viewed on-demand thereafter. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to 10-5: McDermott Presser at 10:20 AM ET - Clay, Hyde, and Bush Will Not Practice; Marlowe May Be Activated from PS
4 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

More likely traded.  Hopefully they start selling off their assets

They're not trading a player on a Saturday or Sunday.   If Marlowe is activated, they need to make a roster move

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...bet he's been reading HERE...................oh well...............

I hope he's not wasting his time on here!   Seems like there's other stuff to be worried about than what we think.   Obviously we don't know chit about football.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GG said:

They're not trading a player on a Saturday or Sunday.   If Marlowe is activated, they need to make a roster move

I don't mean this to be the chicken little pessimist post - but let's just build the cap; cut Clay, Shady, and KB. Kyle deserves a better send off than this, but should he retire there's some more ammo heading into the offseason rebuild. 

I can't believe I'm actually saying let's offload our TE1, RB1, and "WR1" and don't feel the least concerned for how many holes we'd need to fill. There aren't many, if any at all, that aren't already there with them on the roster at present.

Edited by ctk232

4 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

I don't mean this to be the chicken little pessimist post - but let's just build the cap; cut Clay, Shady, and KB. Kyle deserves a better send off than this, but should he retire there's some more ammo heading into the offseason rebuild. 

I can't believe I'm actually saying let's offload our TE1, RB1, and "WR1" and don't feel the least concerned for how many holes we'd need to fill. There aren't many, if any at all, that aren't already there with them on the roster at present.

:doh::doh:

There's absolutely no effect on the cap if these guys are cut now and their pay is fully guaranteed for 2018.  The only thing you will ensure is inflicting more pain on Allen by taking away even more NFL players from the roster

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GG said:

Who's getting cut or IRd?

Well they have two more backup OL than most teams have, so anyone with a brain would start there.

....Beane will just cut a WR or CB and go with the absolute bare minimum there instead.

9 minutes ago, GG said:

:doh::doh:

There's absolutely no effect on the cap if these guys are cut now and their pay is fully guaranteed for 2018.  The only thing you will ensure is inflicting more pain on Allen by taking away even more NFL players from the roster

Muy valid, cutting them mid-season wouldn't be very prudent - more so comparing their actual impact at present in proportion to their cap hits...