Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

43 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Well, solid win against North Florida! I did not realize that that was even a school. Sadly, they too were pushing us around inside. Need to get Guerrier more minutes— he’s the only beef we have inside. 

Didn't watch today but Sidibe , Edwards and Dolezaj are beanpoles

I'm sure success can be found inside

On 12/21/2019 at 10:56 PM, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Well, solid win against North Florida! I did not realize that that was even a school. Sadly, they too were pushing us around inside. Need to get Guerrier more minutes— he’s the only beef we have inside. 

On 12/21/2019 at 11:39 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Didn't watch today but Sidibe , Edwards and Dolezaj are beanpoles

I'm sure success can be found inside

I was going to post the exact same thought. Is Syracuse the slightest D 1 team in America?  Hugh's and Guerrier are the only guys resembling ACC body types. The rest of them look like they just got off the refugee bus. Holy smokes are they skinny. Get these guys some steaks and Guiness. I was excited to see Robert Braswell early on against N. Florida but he's not helping their cause. Little Joey Girard might be the 3rd strongest guy on the team. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, inkman said:

I was going to post the exact same thought. Is Syracuse the slightest D 1 team in America?  Hugh's and Guerrier are the only guys resembling ACC body types. The rest of them look like they just got off the refugee bus. Holy smokes are they skinny. Get these guys some steaks and Guiness. I was excited to see Robert Braswell early on against N. Florida but he's not helping their cause. Little Joey Girard might be the 3rd strongest guy on the team. 

When Osun Osunniyi picked Bona over SU and Georgetown, a lot of people here were saying he would have been a backup anyway. He's been absolutely dominant when he's been able to play this year.  If he was healthy the whole season, we might be undefeated.  We are undefeated in games he has played - except for the opener when he got hurt.

He's likely going to be a lottery pick.  I'm not so sure he'd be a backup at SU.   

12 minutes ago, bbb said:

When Osun Osunniyi picked Bona over SU and Georgetown, a lot of people here were saying he would have been a backup anyway. He's been absolutely dominant when he's been able to play this year.  If he was healthy the whole season, we might be undefeated.  We are undefeated in games he has played - except for the opener when he got hurt.

He's likely going to be a lottery pick.  I'm not so sure he'd be a backup at SU.   

Yeah, he’s really setting the world on fire against Gannon, Niagara and Hofstra.  I’m sure NBA execs are drooling.  Get real.

24 minutes ago, bbb said:

That is a long way from happening rn my friend

On 12/23/2019 at 4:04 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yeah, he’s really setting the world on fire against Gannon, Niagara and Hofstra.  I’m sure NBA execs are drooling.  Get real.

So, I read page after page on this thread about how bad the bigs are, but you're going to stick with them being better than Osun............What's nice is that we can see how this plays out.  Not just in general, but I've heard that if SU doesn't chicken out again, the two teams will play at the Dome the next two years...........We'll see how much your vaunted bigs are better.

I don't know if the NBA scouts were drooling, but I know they've been at Bona practices.  Maybe just wanted to visit the Olean area. 

Kind of like when that Chidi guy transferred to Bonas - Oh, he'll be good in the Atlantic 10.  No, he got even less time than he got at SU.  

On 12/23/2019 at 4:12 PM, Buffalo716 said:

That is a long way from happening rn my friend

Yeah, hopefully two years.  

Osun vs. MTSU (a team that has tourney wins over Minnesota and Michigan State in the last 3 years): 15 points, 16 rebounds and 5 blocks.  But, yeah - you couldn't use him at all, Hotheadsticks 

That was his last game - when he finally played a full game. 

2 hours ago, bbb said:

So, I read page after page on this thread about how bad the bigs are, but you're going to stick with them being better than Osun............What's nice is that we can see how this plays out.  Not just in general, but I've heard that if SU doesn't chicken out again, the two teams will play at the Dome the next two years...........We'll see how much your vaunted bigs are better.

I don't know if the NBA scouts were drooling, but I know they've been at Bona practices.  Maybe just wanted to visit the Olean area. 

Osun vs. MTSU (a team that has tourney wins over Minnesota and Michigan State in the last 3 years): 15 points, 16 rebounds and 5 blocks.  But, yeah - you couldn't use him at all, Hotheadsticks.

Quite honestly, I don’t really know all that much about Osun whateverhisnameis, but I wish him the best of luck just like the vast majority or recruits that spurn Syracuse.  Also, good for Bona.  I noticed their win over Middle Tenn St.  That’s a quality win.  I always root for them when they’re not playing Cuse, as my sister is an alum.

What puzzles me is why you would continue to post in Syracuse basketball thread purely to rub our nose in the *****.  You didn’t see any Cuse fans posting in the Bona thread (oh wait...there isn’t one) when your boys lost to perennial powers Ohio, UVM, Siena and Canisius...

Look, we’re not good.  We probably won’t make the NCAA tourney, and perhaps not even the NIT.  Congrats.

I’ll go ahead and start a Bona basketball thread for you all to enjoy.  Let’s see if you can keep it afloat on your way to a nat’l title ?

11 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

What puzzles me is why you would continue to post in Syracuse basketball thread purely to rub our nose in the *****.

Point out one time in these 42 pages where I have done that?  And, I didn't even do it here.  I "follow" threads - which is odd to me that hardly anybody does.  So once I post in a thread, I get emails when anybody else posts in it...............I keep seeing complaints about the bigs.  And, I thought wait, these guys thought Osun was somebody they didn't want?............Even Schmidt (our coach) said we'd have never landed him if his friend, Kyle Lofton, wasn't already on board and recruiting the hell out of him.  

14 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

You didn’t see any Cuse fans posting in the Bona thread (oh wait...there isn’t one) when your boys lost to perennial powers Ohio, UVM, Siena and Canisius

Ohio is the game he got hurt in and then he didn't play in those other three at all.  

19 minutes ago, bbb said:

Sorry that we nobody wants to play us, like you're next game (checks notes) - against Niagara 

You have your very own thread now.  Spread your wings and talk hoops with your Bona brethren!!  I know for a fact there are a lot of you good folks floating around here.  Cheers ?!

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

You have your very own thread now.  Spread your wings and talk hoops with your Bona brethren!!  I know for a fact there are a lot of you good folks floating around here.  Cheers ?!

I want to talk about SU's inside game.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yup.  I didn’t get a free education at Syracuse University, but I do still know the good spots to eat/drink/shop on the hill.  Meet us there at around 5:30 and I’ll buy you a beer. ?

I don't know when you were last on The Hill, but I was there for the Clemson game in September, having last been to the campus area for a hoops game in January, and I couldn't believe how different the Marshall/Crouse area looked.  There's a large apartment building where Hungry Chuck's/Charlie's and Funk 'N Waffles used to be.   This may be blasphemy, but I cannot stand the food at Varsity - far too greasy for me.  Faegan's, on the other hand, is a great place to grab a bite and a drink or two before or after a game.

As for the team itself...yikes.  I do like watching Girard play, but frankly expected more from Guerrier and Goodine.  Little disappointed that it doesn't seem that Dolezaj, Buddy and Sidibe have shown any marked improvement from last season.  Far too often this season, it's been Hughes against the world.

Edited by Bermuda Triangle