Travis Henry prepared to sit out

And all I am saying, is I do not do that.  I have never celebrated when Drew, RJ, Flutie or even Collins left.  I didn't celebrate for Lonnie left.  But I have been a critic of Travis and his inability to play football for a very long time.  I have been consistant that he needed to be replaced since early on.  This team was not winning with his style and one dimension, and this was proven correctly, even with Drew's screw ups last year when with a solid D, a Sloid ST and a RB, who can actually do multiple things well.

282850[/snapback]

well, for the record, i was a huge critic of henry last year. in 2002 and 2003, he hit the hole quickly and with authority -- sort of like emmitt smith -- but overall did too many other things poorly for me to be high on him. a lot of that strikes me as a fundamental lack of intelligence. of course, many idiots do just fine in the nfl (barely literate is ample qualification to play RB in the nfl), but he seems to be an idiot supreme.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I could not possibly imagine the Bills not taking a Henry for Shelton deal straight up...especially due to the obvious fact that there is little interest in TH...So I imagine something is up here...

I always liked Travis...it's just a fact Willis is better...that's all...But it seems to me Travis is getting absolutely no help from his Agent...First it was "I'm a Starter...all I want is to Start.." Then we hear he wants a new deal. Where was that question in the article? Travis, it seems, is trying to make TD look like an idiot...And no offense to Travis, but I'd take TD over Henry in an IQ contest any day...And Travis is doing nothing, absolutely nothing to help his situation by making these comments...

That being said...Make the Trade if possible Tom... :lol:

You must be an !@#$!!!  How many adults do you know that have sex with 15 yr olds?  What are we supposed to respect that?  "Oh, it's OK, he gained over 1,000 yards"  Is that your logic?

Nice user name.............didn't Biscuit get prison time for a sex assault?  You better get a better grip about who & what you respect

282707[/snapback]

First of all, I would never justify anyone having sex with a minor. It is just plain wrong. But I wasn't there and neither were you, so neither of us know the truth. All I know is he was convicted of anything. If we just go by rumors, then another big time Bill who everyone is probably a big fan of is just as guilty. But that's all heresy.

In response to Travis doing stupid stuff, how many people on this board have events in their past that they had a lapse of judgement? I'm sure everyone has something they don't want in public knowledge. And while I would like to think that all the guys on the Bills are model citizens, I'm realistic about the situation. I've heard plenty of stories of Jimbo and other Bills "partying,"

but does that not make the players you root for? These guys are normal humans who make mistakes like regular people. If you look up to them as role models, then you are very naive.

As for my user name, I thought it was a clever attempt at word play. I guess I'll go change it because you don't approve. Sorry, next time i'll ask first.

Very interesting article.  Maybe Teflon Tom is dragging his feet???  Hey Tommy, you have some 'splainin to do!!

Some quotes...

And the most interesting one...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-b...ov=ap&type=lgns

282624[/snapback]

I think its a combination of both Travis and his agent being very very very dumb.....and Donahoe screwing this guy over. This guy is an extremely productive back who is screwed over in his contract.Name another back who is so productive who makes so little.

And then claiming he is gonna sit out??? a running back????? oh boy--running backs have about 7 prime years...one year sitting out is a DISASTER.--Somebody have pity on poor dumb travis and get him some sensible help.I can definitely see him being broke and bitter in a very few years---like some ex-boxer--if he is not careful...and if slavemaster types like Donahoe keep taking advantage of him.

I guess you are kind of new here...once the Bills decide they are going to part ways with a player (and in some cases before) Bills fans re-write history, and warp reality, so they feel can feel like the team is making all the right moves, and they can sleep better at night...it is all part of that thin-skinned, inferiority complex that Buffalo, and Buffalonians seem to adhere too, for no good reason...said player, once no longer a Buffalo Bill, is a p.o.s. who never did anything to warrent their adoration...they forget just two seasons ago, when they were saying that McGahee, who had  yet to play a down in the NFL, was a prima donna, didn't have the heart and grit that Henry has (or I guess I should say had!).  Travis Henry's biggest crime is that he is not as good as Willis McGahee...ignore the fact that there are only a few backs who might be....Travis is a "scumbag, and p.o.s"...just wait until Willis McGahee is demanding a "break the bank or trade me" contract...it will be coming soon...

282794[/snapback]

I know this mentality goes on most places, but I like to believe Buffalo fans are above all that. We are LA or NY or Miami. The reason people want to play here is because of our close knit community and our die hard fans who love this team (plus the Canadian Ballet doesn't hurt either :D , but I digress). Travis gave everything when he was here as did Doug Flutie. Both were arguably the best players on offense at one time during their careers and helped us win some games. I choose to remember the good times they provided. The petty attacks on them about being short, dumb or ugly is just so unnecessary and makes the rest of Bills fans look bad. Maybe I'm a little naive, but I know there are a lot of people who feel like this and are drown out by the louder and meaner minority. I hope for a great 2005 season and look back at fond memories that guys like Henry and Fluite provided.

As for Travis being an idiot, I'm willing to wage not everyone on the board are Einsteins. :lol:

I am throughly disgusted by TH's attitude. I admired him when he played through injury and was the consummate warrior. But last year, a better player replaced him. Is he forgetting that he gets a paycheck to play for the Bills ?

The reason for my thorough and utter dismay is that everyday in the real world, people work hard to do well at their jobs. They get paid to do it. However, if an obviously better prospect shows up for a company the company will go for the better employee. It is as simple as that. But while we are employed, who among us says "I have a contract for a year, but you are going to replace me next year so I will be sitting at home everyday". What kinda bullcr*p is this from TH ? I don't normally get so emotional on this board but this is the kind of thing that frustrates the heck out of me. While 99% of the country works honestly and hard, this player thinks he is to be held to higher standards and given sympathy for whining and crying about not getting the starter position ? Sorry guys, but I have zero empathy or sympathy with such scumbags.

TD did the right thing by agreeing to him seeking a trade and trying for it. But, for now, TD is TH's boss and TH is paid through next year. TD can take his own fre*king sweet or sour time to demand the best return on his investment. TH can do nothing about it except cry to the media. He not only an idiot but is stupid. GMs around the league will downgrade his value due to his attitude. And is he remains on the roster this year, next offseason will be 2 years that he would not have seen real playing time. When he is out on the street, I bet his petty paycheck for being #2 will wake him up to the realities of life.

First of all, I would never justify anyone having sex with a minor.  It is just plain wrong.  But I wasn't there and neither were you, so neither of us know the truth.  All I know is he was convicted of anything.

282866[/snapback]

The girl claimed to be 18. TH was what, all of 21 or 22 at the time? A 21 or 22 year old hooking up with an 18 year old is no big deal. The police investigation found that she lied about her age, so no charges were pressed.

I think people still raise that in either an attempt at humor or sheer ignornance.

Henry is under contract. He sits, he gets fined for every day he misses. TH was the one who wanted a contract extension and more money from Arizona. The Bills can trade him wherever they want to for whatever they want and TH has zero say in it whatsoever. The only problem is finding a team willing to give up anything for him. The Bills were nice enough to tell him go make a deal for himself and he was incapable of doing so. I'd trade him for a 7th round pick two years from now just to dump his salary at this point, if that is the best offer the Bills can get.

Actually, I'd trade him to the CFL for a box of Tim Horton's Donuts right now.

I know this mentality goes on most places, but I like to believe Buffalo fans are above all that.  We are LA or NY or Miami.  The reason people want to play here is because of our close knit community and our die hard fans  who love this team (plus the Canadian Ballet doesn't hurt either  :D , but I digress).  Travis gave everything when he was here as did Doug Flutie.  Both were arguably the best players on offense at one time during their careers and helped us win some games.  I choose to remember the good times they provided.  The petty attacks on them about being short, dumb or ugly is just so unnecessary and makes the rest of Bills fans look bad.  Maybe I'm a little naive, but I know there are a lot of people who feel like this and are drown out by the louder and meaner minority.  I hope for a great 2005 season and look back at fond memories that guys like Henry and Fluite provided.

As for Travis being an idiot, I'm willing to wage not everyone on the board are Einsteins.        :lol:

282871[/snapback]

Travis IS an idiot if he sits out a season.He is old enough NOW to know better.But you may have a point..and we have to remember that his 2nd contract was signed when he was very very young.I think we all made some bonehead moves at that age.-But that doesnt excuse his agent.

The petty attacks on them about being short, dumb or ugly is just so unnecessary

282871[/snapback]

but flutie really is a dwarf, and if you have looke dat travis profile picture is the past few years, you will see how ugly he really is!!! People are just stating facts... :lol:

but flutie really is a dwarf, and if you have looke dat travis profile picture is the past few years, you will see how ugly he really is!!! People are just stating facts... :lol:

282881[/snapback]

Ever see the guy do an interview? Holy crap man every other word out of his mouth is um.

I guess you are kind of new here...once the Bills decide they are going to part ways with a player (and in some cases before) Bills fans re-write history, and warp reality, so they feel can feel like the team is making all the right moves, and they can sleep better at night...it is all part of that thin-skinned, inferiority complex that Buffalo, and Buffalonians seem to adhere too, for no good reason...said player, once no longer a Buffalo Bill, is a p.o.s. who never did anything to warrent their adoration...they forget just two seasons ago, when they were saying that McGahee, who had  yet to play a down in the NFL, was a prima donna, didn't have the heart and grit that Henry has (or I guess I should say had!).  Travis Henry's biggest crime is that he is not as good as Willis McGahee...ignore the fact that there are only a few backs who might be....Travis is a "scumbag, and p.o.s"...just wait until Willis McGahee is demanding a "break the bank or trade me" contract...it will be coming soon...

282794[/snapback]

OMFG that's strikingly accurate and hilarius at the same time. :lol:

Henry is under contract. He sits, he gets fined for every day he misses. TH was the one who wanted a contract extension and more money from Arizona. The Bills can trade him wherever they want to for whatever they want and TH has zero say in it whatsoever. The only problem is finding a team willing to give up anything for him. The Bills were nice enough to tell him go make a deal for himself and he was incapable of doing so. I'd trade him for a 7th round pick two years from now just to dump his salary at this point, if that is the best offer the Bills can get.

Actually, I'd trade him to the CFL for a box of Tim Horton's Donuts right now.

282875[/snapback]

You hit the key point in assessing this situation which is that TH is under contract. Teams that have expressed an interest in him know for sure that he has had inury issue the last two years, but also know he has demonstrated in 2003 that he can play through pain productively.

They know that like virtually all players he has had some high profile drops, but also that he caught over 40 passes when he was used that way in a productive O before Kevin Killfdrive got totally predictable.

I suspect most teams also see the complaints last year of Henry's ability to do the blitz pick-up is overblown as he had real problems in this area like most rookies, got better at it like many 2nd or 3rd year players, but complaints on TSW are likely ignored by most except us frequest readers since this complaint seems far more to be a product of fans who have turned on a player who has said he wants to leave our team. This is shown in their overblown adulation of WM allegedly being a master of the blitz pick-up when he also struggled early on as a rookie wth this aspect of his game, though him gaining a little experience, presenting an outside running threat which forced blitzers to hesitate rather than sell out to the rush, and actually Bledsoe showing an unexpected ability to succeed with flea-flickers and even work the QB draw into our O are much bigger factors than WM being the nest TT in his first year. The Henry bliyz pick-up complaint is simply not supported by the facts.

Teams are also well aware that Henry had some big fumble issues his second year, but his play (and dumb luck) improved greatly in this area.

Finally he is a player who has produced as a rusher two years ago and regardless of how he got there he is a former Pro Bowler.

A team that needs an RB would likely be overjoyed to get a former Pro Bowler at RB and though certainly a team may have been creating a false impression for the rest of the league by expressing interest, and there are teams that will value picking an RB with an early pick will take a rookie because they no they have no chance next year and can wait for the rookie to develop, but 4 or 5 teams creates a real possibility that the Bills will be able to move Henry and get some real value.

Personally, I hope this is a vet rather than a draft pick because a draft pick is probably potential at best, may welll be worth squat for a year or two even if he become a good one (like Moulds) and is certainly worth nothing to the f005 team if they get a conditional or even high 2006 pick.

Travis can be moved for good value to help the 2005 team and I'm glad TD is not freaking out and simply giving him away for nothing as some on this board would have him do.

The girl claimed to be 18.  TH was what, all of 21 or 22 at the time?  A 21 or 22 year old hooking up with an 18 year old is no big deal.  The police investigation found that she lied about her age, so no charges were pressed.

I think people still raise that in either an attempt at humor or sheer ignornance.

282874[/snapback]

Chris, no offnse, but charges were pressed and he was found guilty via a plea agreement. Due to the situation and her lying he was given community service.

Henry Sentenced: Bills RB Travis Henry was sentenced today to 100 hours of community service for his guilty plea on a sexual misconduct charge. He could have been sentenced to up to 90 days in jail for his sexual encounter with a 15 year old girl. The girl admitted that the sex was consensual and she told Henry she was 18. Henry apologized to the girl, his family, the team, and the fans in a statement released today by the Bills. Team president Tom Donahoe also released a statement saying this sentence falls under the NFL personal conduct policy and the league will hand down any disciplinary action for this event. Henry could face a possible fine and/or suspension from the league.

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/archives/2001/week8.html

This sums up the way I also feel about the situation nicely. Well Said. And I'm 100% behind McGahee.... The vultures don't even wait for the meat to begin rotting around here do they?

282718[/snapback]

I dont think that this is about being a vulture. I almost crashed this board years ago (before Travis added sliding on his ass to his repertoire) when I stated that I was sick and tired of him fumbling away football games.

I also stated that Gilbride was responsible for some (no, not all) of his yardage. In those days, the Bills had ZERO pass protection, and defenders blitzed on nearly every down. Often they were running past TH at the LOS.

I stand by this, and my opinion that TH is not a very good back.

Btw, this loyalty/vulture issue is surely a 2 Way street. There is the other extreme that inflates the value of poor players because they are Buffalo Bills. There were fans that were dead against cutting Fina and Ostroski when they were being paid millions, and clearly done.

Coming here and suggesting a trade such as Travis Henry for Jason Taylor, Robert Gallery, or the #2 pick in the draft fits that mold, no? :lol:

TH says the Shelton deal was a straight up offer. All of a sudden the TD critics come out of the woodwork bitching.

HOLD ON!

Why! Why trade Henry straight up for a player that AZ is going to CUT on 6/1? That is a waste of a trade. We WILL get Shelton anyway. There is not much demand for him.

Here's my take: McNally sees something in Shelton that he can salvaged. TD sees that there is not much interest in him and that AZ has signed 2 other tackles. Obviously, Shelton is out in AZ. Since nobody else has entered a bidding war, TD is playing it cool. Laying back and waiting to sign him straight up after the 6/1 cuts. Meanwhile he is continuing to press AZ for more than just Shelton for TH. TD is in the driver seat on this deal and he knows it. AZ has laid all their cards (no pun intended) on the table. Hmmmm, sounds like a pretty shrewd business man to me... Eh? :lol:

While I'd like to see Shelton end up with the Bills he's not going to make or break the season. I think you're absolutely right on with your post. Why panic? It's going to all come into place. I can't believe how many people are bitching and moaning about the offseason being a disaster when it's not even to the draft yet. I'd love to play poker or chess with some of these guys.