Travis Henry prepared to sit out

Very interesting article. Maybe Teflon Tom is dragging his feet??? Hey Tommy, you have some 'splainin to do!!

Some quotes...

``I'm definitely not going back to Buffalo if that's what you want to hear,'' the running back told The Associated Press on Monday from his home in Orlando, Fla. ``No minicamps. No training camp. No nothing. ... I packed my stuff and left. As soon as the season was over, I was out of there and I didn't have any plans of coming back.''

The Bills granted Henry permission in January to speak to other teams about a potential trade. Of the teams that expressed interest, Henry said the Arizona Cardinals have offered to trade starting left tackle L.J. Shelton in a player-for-player deal.

Henry doesn't understand why the Bills -- in need of offensive line help -- haven't accepted the offer. Henry added he's willing to play for Arizona, a team in need of a starting running back since Emmitt Smith's retirement last month.

``The whole situation, it's really frustrating,'' Henry said. ``I just want to move on with my life and my career.''

And the most interesting one...

``They said they weren't just going to let me go. I understand that,'' Henry said. ``But here's a win-win situation. ... Arizona has shown interest. They've shown they're ready to pull the trigger. And Donahoe is taking his poor little precious time for some reason.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-b...ov=ap&type=lgns

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Travis Henry is through playing for the Buffalo Bills, intent to sit out as long as it takes the team to trade him.

"I'm definitely not going back to Buffalo if that's what you want to hear," the running back told The Associated Press on Monday from his home in Orlando, Fla. "No minicamps. No training camp. No nothing. ... I packed my stuff and left. As soon as the season was over, I was out of there and I didn't have any plans of coming back."

Henry, who started during his first three seasons in Buffalo, has one year left on his contract and is unwilling to spend another year as Willis McGahee's backup.

The Bills granted Henry permission in January to speak to other teams about a potential trade. Of the teams that expressed interest, Henry said the Arizona Cardinals have offered to trade starting left tackle L.J. Shelton in a player-for-player deal.

Henry doesn't understand why the Bills - in need of offensive line help - haven't accepted the offer. Henry added he's willing to play for Arizona, a team in need of a starting running back since Emmitt Smith's retirement last month.

"The whole situation, it's really frustrating," Henry said. "I just want to move on with my life and my career."

Bills spokesman Scott Berchtold declined comment.

Cardinals officials were at the NFL owners meetings in Hawaii, and unavailable for comment.

Bills president Tom Donahoe addressed the Henry trade issue in a question and answer session on the team's Web site last week, writing that he's seeking fair value in return for Henry.

"At the present time, there is not enough interest to make a trade," Donahoe wrote. "And if things continue in that vein, we would expect to have Travis back again next year."

Henry believes the Shelton trade would help both teams, considering the Bills lost three offensive linemen to free agency earlier this month, including starting left tackle Jonas Jennings, who has since signed with San Francisco.

"They said they weren't just going to let me go. I understand that," Henry said. "But here's a win-win situation. ... Arizona has shown interest. They've shown they're ready to pull the trigger. And Donahoe is taking his poor little precious time for some reason."

Henry had been the Bills starter since the team selected him in the second round of the 2001 draft out of Tennessee. He put together consecutive 1,300-yard seasons before losing the job to McGahee last October.

Henry finished with 326 yards rushing last year and missed the final five games with torn ligaments in his right ankle.

Shelton, a first-round pick in 1999, has started 77 games. Falling out of favor with Cardinals' first-year coach Dennis Green last season, Shelton had only nine starts and missed the final three games with a left knee injury.

Shelton, who has the Cardinals permission to seek a trade, visited the Bills last month.

He has four more years left on his contract that will pay him $3 million a season - very affordable for a Bills team that has little room left under the salary cap.

What frustrates Henry is that the Bills knew this running back dispute could arise when they drafted McGahee. And Henry thought he was being a team player when he didn't reveal his frustrations after he was demoted last season.

"It was tough for me being in the locker room last year," Henry said. "I didn't make a big deal out of everything that was happening. I didn't understand it, but I dealt with it."

What bothers Henry even more is how the Bills granted Drew Bledsoe's request to be released last month after the starting quarterback was unwilling to accept a secondary role behind J.P. Losman. Bledsoe has since signed with Dallas.

"He wasn't going to be a backup and I ain't going to be no backup," Henry said. "They shipped Drew out of there. I want to be shipped out of there, point blank."

Also on Monday, the Bills re-signed backup running back Joe Burns. Mostly used on special teams, Burns had 20 carries for 73 yards last season.

Hey Travis, just sit out & forfeit $1.2 million this year. I'm sure you can afford it.

I found his personal ad on Cupid.com:

Professional athlete, 27 seeking 16 year old or younger girl who can pass for 18 when asked. Prefer to meet at gas stations. Until I get traded we must go Dutch Treat, but I promise to pay you back when traded.

Travis & his agent: The new Dumb & Dumber

I'm sure this Wall St. wizard who can't understand why 15 year old girls aren't legal, can give an accurate analysis on the Shelton trade situation.  He thinks TD is blocking the deal. WTF does he know about blocking ?  :lol:

282642[/snapback]

Isn't TH reportedly asking for a contract extention that rivals what Lamont Jordon received?

Isn't TH  reportedly asking for a contract extention that rivals what Lamont Jordon received?

282644[/snapback]

He forgot that part. He was busy looking at his spinning rims on his hummer.

There's a joke in there somewhere.

Just inane, stupid ramblings from a sack of sh-- scumbag, who also happens to be a bad football player.

Hey, Travis Lovers....do you think that comments like the above help the Buffalo Bills Football Team? Do you think that they help the trade situation? Does this mean that we wont get Robert Gallery nor Jason Taylor in an even swap? :lol::):D

If TD were to cut this miscreant scumbag tomorrow, the Buffalo Bills would gain approx. 1 mil in cap space and be a better franchise.

It really is time to pull the plug on this blight on the history of this wonderful franchise......the Buffalo Bills Football Team!

Yeah, time to cut this dumbass scumbag!

Alright, I'm sick of Travis and all of his complaining. I know why TD is waiting...he thinks he can get more out of Arizona. Notice the article stated that the deal is still on the table, all TD has to do is stop taking his "precious time" and get the deal done. But enough is enough. Let this guy go, bring Shelton in.

Sure, we'd all like a pick as well as Shelton for Travis...but come on TD, cut this jerk go and lets all move on. This has all dragged on far too long.

Isn't TH  reportedly asking for a contract extention that rivals what Lamont Jordon received?

282644[/snapback]

That is the most important part about the trade not happening I believe. Henry has shown he is not an intelligent guy by agreeing to the contract extension a couple of years ago.

Ya know...I dont blame him one bit for the way he feels. You guys are jumping down his throat because he got run out of town here and is pissed. Travis is a VERY good back. He has his downfalls, but he is still a 1500 yard back capable of a pro-bowl. He is in the prime of his career fighting for the big paycheck, and he is stuck behind willis. If you cant see his side of this, your blue and red colored glasses must be a much stronger perscription than mine.

HOWEVER, he is hurting himself (and the bills) by going to the media. Perhaps this is all a ploy to get his name in the news and get some attention when everyone is focused on Alexander and James.

I too would like to see this resolved. And it will be. But we need to be patient and give it time. If after draft day travis is still on the roster, then we can start to get concerned. Until then....let TD do his job.