In 21 games with McDermott, we have been blown out 6 times

21 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Do you happen to have stats showing the percentage other teams are blown out or perhaps a baseline of what constitutes a blowout?  Otherwise this stat means absolutely nothing

A quick look at pro football reference shows 550 regular season games in the last 10 years that were decided by 20 points or more.  There are 32*16/2 = 256 games every year, so 2560 games from 2008-2017.  550/2560 = about 21%.  So McD is off to an above-average start, although I don't have time to tell you how far above average.  

Looking at just the Bills over that span, McD's teams really do jump out compared to the last few years.  We only lost by 20 or more twice in 64 games from 2013-2016, but it's already been 6 times in 21 games since 2017.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....exactly...he's not going anywhere......look how valuable the "turnstile mentality" served this club during the 17 year drought".....

In fact, the only thing that would make me seriously consider quitting this team would be them firing this regime prematurely.

Just now, joesixpack said:

In fact, the only thing that would make me seriously consider quitting this team would be them firing this regime prematurely.

....don't you wish sometimes "mamas didn't let their babies near keyboards to post here"?.............Jesus........we need a <PG-13 Forum pronto........

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....don't you wish sometimes "mamas didn't let their babies near keyboards to post here"?.............Jesus........we need a <PG-13 Forum pronto........

No, we just need to reinstate remedial education programs in this country.

I'm really enjoying this rebuild.  The fun part of a rebuild is that you can actually coach terribly, be undisciplined, trade away all talent,  put out a garbage product with no clear future plan (i know we will have huge cap space and no other team will)..... and its just a rebuild.  Can't argue that one ha? 

23 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Considering the roster I think they are pretty competitive.  There might be 4 true starters on this team that aren't over the hill.  You have to give it time.  This isn't going to fix itself overnight.  This roster is a dumpster fire and that is on purpose.  Whether or not they are good at building a roster in the next couple years, I don't know.  This isn't the time to panic though.

Exactly,  it's going to take all of 19 & 20 to finally get the older players retired like Kyle, Alexander and maybe McCoy. Replace a garbage OL/WR corp so Allen has a fighting chance at development. And continue to supplement a promising young defensive unit. I expected nothing this year and tried not to get sucked in by the Viking game. I also expect very little next year too. Hopefully 2020 will be our explosive year after B&B retire. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

It's not nonsense unless this team wants to continue to suck for years to come. Even McDermott admits on a consistent basis that it's a quarterback-driven league.

And they got their QB.

Which you, and every other short-sighted "results IMMEDIATELY" person around here fails to acknowledge. There is a plan, allow it to be worked, or else it's just a repeat of drought methodology

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Somebody should notify the Pegulas right away.  Keyboard warrior may switch teams.  Might even become a keyboard warrior for a division rival. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, PlayoffsPlease said:

Somebody should notify the Pegulas right away.  Keyboard warrior may switch teams.  Might even become a keyboard warrior for a division rival. 

Nah i'd just quit the nfl.

But, by all means, continue your vapid snark.

23 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Do you happen to have stats showing the percentage other teams are blown out or perhaps a baseline of what constitutes a blowout?  Otherwise this stat means absolutely nothing

This is the only post in the thread worth a damn.

I’m shocked it wasn’t addressed by the OP or anyone else agreeing with OP’s premise.

Edited by KennyDavisEyes

And they got their QB.

Which you, and every other short-sighted "results IMMEDIATELY" person around here fails to acknowledge. There is a plan, allow it to be worked, or else it's just a repeat of drought methodology

And if the head coach is not capable of developing that quarterback sufficiently, we need to bring in a head coach and staff that can.

You think Beane and the Pegulas are going to sacrifice their quarterback for the defensive head coach? I don't.

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Maybe you and Joe should start one.... and stay there.?

...another quality, well thought out, highly contributory post from none other than.........we know your drill.......legendary.........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

And if the head coach is not capable of developing that quarterback sufficiently, we need to bring in a head coach and staff that can.

You think Beane and the Pegulas are going to sacrifice their quarterback for the defensive head coach? I don't.

K then. You keep holding out hope there, Wayne-o.

I don't see it happening.

K then. You keep holding out hope there, Wayne-o.

I don't see it happening.

The only thing that I "hope" is that it doesn't come to that, Allen shows demonstrated progress throughout these next two months and that by December he's showing signs of greatness.