Micah Hyde Injury Status - Lining Up with the 1st Team in Practice on Thursday with Limited Participation

26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

I'm all for it. Kid hits hard, and our tackling has been awful outside of the Vikings game.

Don't think he'll be a stud safety in the league, but I'd like to see him get more rotations. Couldn't care less for Bush outside of the fact that he's our next best player at that position.

Agreed. Bush hasn’t been very good. More Neal please. 

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Micah Hyde Injury Status - Week to Week; Won't Rule Himself Out for Sunday
  • 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Micah Hyde Injury Status - Week to Week; Questionable for Sunday
  • 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Micah Hyde Injury Status - Day-to Day
On 9/30/2018 at 4:16 PM, billsfan11 said:

I’ll bet you 5k he is out longer than that

Those are the type of things where you might feel great, come back, no issues for the first 2 or 3 quarters and then all of a sudden one small move and you re-injure it again a little worse than the first time.

Same with hamstrings too

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Micah Hyde Injury Status - Limited in Practice on Wednesday

Bills Injury Report: Hyde Practicing, Hopeful for Sunday

mciahzhlxfeqdpc2cm7j.png

It was the first time back on the practice field in over a week for safety Micah Hyde on Wednesday. Hyde was just a limited participant as he tries to return from a groin injury suffered in Green Bay in Week 4.

Nevertheless, he’s encouraged by the progress he’s made in the past week.

“I feel good. I feel great,” he said. “I think ultimately it’s going to be a group decision. It’s not just mine. If it was up to just me I’d try to go every day, but that’s just the competitor in me. It’s ultimately up to the trainers to see how I feel.”

Buffalo’s athletic training staff likely wants to take a cautious approach knowing how much the groin muscles for a defensive back are taxed by the demands of the position.

“Any leg injury for DBs is tough just because we do so much running,” said Hyde. “We open up the hips and break off of feet and ankles. Leg injuries are tough. So I’m trying to get back, but we’re trying to play it smart. It’s still early in the season and you don’t want to go out there and think you’re loosening it up, but then you end up pulling it or straining it some more. It’s one of those tough injuries.”

Hyde is hoping he’ll be ready to return to the lineup Sunday, but he won’t be making the final decision alone.

“I know my body. I like to think I heal pretty fast, but I was thinking that last week and didn’t play,” he said. “We’ll see how it goes. It’s a group decision and we’ll try to make it happen.”

On one hand I don't want them to rush him, but on the other hand with Watson passing for 300+ yards in every game this season I think they're going to need him, although they did fare pretty well without Hyde last game. Texans are on a 2 game streak. I feel like the Bills can come in and beat them on the road if the defense keeps firing full speed. It'll be their statement to the NFL. 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles
  • Like (+1) 1

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Micah Hyde Injury Status - Lining Up with the 1st Team in Practice on Thursday
19 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I think they hold Hou to 10 or under. No run game. Watson will get confused by our scheme. Welcome back Mr. Hyde!!!! Let's pile these Ws up!

Using TSW Shady McCoy Illogic, the Bills should trade Hyde since they held the Titans to four FGs with him out.  ;)

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Haha (+1) 1