Preston Brown "There's some weird stuff going on up there."

zow2

12 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

Another reporter said the team had a different vibe this year as well. Anyone think that announcing Peterman as the starter caused many of the players to mentally check out?

Odd pot stirring there from a typically matter of fact guy. 

The main camps I’m can say I’ve seen evolve :

1) those who accept this years dumpster fire is an investment in the future, with green raw rookies leading both sides of the ball- and while flashes of good are hopefully yet to come, there will be lots of ugly first. 

2) those that are furious the team Blows and has been ritually embarrassed by what are likely middling AFC teams and blames the front office for not putting the team in super bowl contention immediately. Wants another FO reboot, now. 

3) just like to complain about everything all the time anyway 

4)  so disconnected with reality they believed Peterman Started was a good thing

58 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Matter of time until more and more players start to talk about this regime.

Waiting for Wood to unload, though he might just to too professional to do that

I gotta say, I think there is something seriously wrong with McDermott.  He has that creepy religious cult leader thing going on IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JTown said:

I guess you are happy with this regime and I am not.  Everything is great in your perspective and I see trouble ahead.

Im good with that.

I could care less about your opinion.

Some of us prefer not to act like children and want to have a little more patience. 

I think Davis seriously couldn't handle the fact that his body wasn't up to playing high Calibre football anymore... Idk but I'm sure there are those of you who have really excelled at something and then one day you just aren't as good as you used to be. I've been there where I was the hot **** at something and lost a step... It's tough mentally especially when you see younger dudes outperforming you. You're thinking to yourself man that used to be me doing this and that... And no matter how bad you want it mentally your body just can't do it anymore. It becomes physically impossible. That's a tough pill to swallow once you realize that for yourself.... I think that's what happened to Davis. I think he was just like man I'm not me anymore and I don't want to play as this version of me. So he threw his cleats up on the line... He should've waited till after the game at the least. I don't hold it against him for realizing he isn't the same player he used to be or wanting to save what integrity his body has left but he definitely could've just finished the game..  that part I just can't wrap my head around. His mind had to have been really wrecked to quit at the half like that. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, JTown said:

My first game was in 73.

Season ticket holder.

And you are going to tell me about patience!

Lmfao

Regardless of how old you are, or that you choose to purchase season tickets, you still need to understand what it takes to build a team for long-term success. It’s not easy or quick. We all want the team to succeed right away, but this regime has a plan and is moving forward with that plan. You may not like the state of the plan two weeks into this season but you don’t yet know the result, which they’ve continually said will be 2-3 years. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and frustration especially on Gameday. But those who choose to let it play out before screaming for firings shouldn’t be labeled kool aid drinkers, either. Not saying you did that but I’ve seen it and it makes little sense. I hate losing too but I’m not surprised it’s happening and am looking for progress from the young players. Sometimes you need to get worse before you get better. Last year’s team wasn’t good - they got blown out 3 games in a row midseseason them somehow regrouped and won the rest of their games except the !@#$ing Pats. A lot of that is coaching.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Well that's what you get when you constantly sign players on their legs as players. 

Anquan Boldin, Vontae Davis, Mike Tolbert, Star L, Jeremy Kerley, Chris Ivory - its the constant dumpster diving that Beane and McDermott try to build the roster with.

I agree... But so many here will defend McClappy and Beane brain until the end

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Regardless of how old you are, or that you choose to purchase season tickets, you still need to understand what it takes to build a team for long-term success. It’s not easy or quick. We all want the team to succeed right away, but this regime has a plan and is moving forward with that plan. You may not like the state of the plan two weeks into this season but you don’t yet know the result, which they’ve continually said will be 2-3 years. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and frustration especially on Gameday. But those who choose to let it play out before screaming for firings shouldn’t be labeled lol aid drinkers, either. Not saying you did that but I’ve seen it and it makes little sense. I hate losing too but I’m not surprised it’s happening and am looking for progress from the young players. Sometimes you need to get worse before you get better. Last year’s team wasn’t good - they got blown out 3 games in a row midseseason them somehow regrouped and won the rest of their games except the !@#$ing Pats. A lot of that is coaching.

Excellence in posting right here.

32 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Seriously, I really question if many who are now posting are serious football fans, non - Bills fans, or just bored millennials who are mad because they decided to follow the Bills this year and no SB on the horizon - I want it and I want it now! I really miss the great discussion and debate with solid fans!

And this isn't vapid complaining?  I'm a fan of this team and I always want them to win, even when they do stupid things, but it doesn't mean that they get a pass from me because I am a fan.  I'll be the first one explaining why someone on the Bills is better than anyone else in the league and how the Bills are doing things right - these things just need to happen sometime for me to do so.  The Bills do questionable things and the results speak for themselves - this regime is no different, they just do different questionable things than the last regime.  I'm patient, but the writing is on the wall, we'll see how adaptive they are to their mistakes (and believe me they've made plenty in this "process") and where they go from here, but for people to rationalize the current state of the Bills as part of a larger plan that was expected is a bit naive.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Ayjent said:

And this isn't vapid complaining?  I'm a fan of this team and I always want them to win, even when they do stupid things, but it doesn't mean that they get a pass from me because I am a fan.  I'll be the first one explaining why someone on the Bills is better than anyone else in the league and how the Bills are doing things right - these things just need to happen sometime for me to do so.  The Bills do questionable things and the results speak for themselves - this regime is no different, they just do different questionable things than the last regime.  I'm patient, but the writing is on the wall, we'll see how adaptive they are to their mistakes (and believe me they've made plenty in this "process") and where they go from here, but for people to rationalize the current state of the Bills as part of a larger plan that was expected is a bit naive.

If you were here then, you'd understand what we're talking about. Don't know if you were or not.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

They miss Preston Brown

not surprising that the first reaction is again, to attack the messenger.

For some reason, most folks who participate here will attack anything that threatens the Bills, or their coach, or their owner, or their players.

They are like a bunch of vicious she-wolves, protecting their offspring, only Bills fans.

So I guess vicious she-fans.

Beware the she-fans!

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

If you were here then, you'd understand what we're talking about. Don't know if you were or not.

No.  I've only been here since they shut down BBMB although I did check out these forums from time to time before then because they had some good discussions.  Generally, the discussions here are better and not as sanitized as the other board.  I think people on forums are generally pretty intelligent because they aren't rapid fire, x character or less thoughts trying to get people to react and respond (although that does occur here too).  Some people presume others are stupid or mean something that they don't because they take or don't take a particular position - that drives me crazy, and it drives me crazy that people who are fans of the same team with a lot of the same interests as far as the topics being discussed go after each other with such venom sometimes.  It's like a bunch of people with Internet road rage. 

I'll admit that I've been negative about this team for a while, because they've done some pretty questionable things that seem pretty obvious to me.  However, it's much easier to observe a chess game and point out bad moves than it is to play a chess game and make good moves - so I get that what seems obvious from a distant perspective may be a difficult call when you are close to action and all the other factors you may have to consider (at least that's the way I try to see it), but I know that a grand 3-5 yr plan isn't usually the reality of how a team is built and operates because there are too many variables changing at all times.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Yes Preston....you would have gotten beaten on those crossing routes as well....yes....the bills let you go for a better scheme fit

I’m pretty sure this is serious, not snark. Which is kind of amazing since the “scheme” the new guy fits is a scheme to give up an average 40 points per game. Yes, it is indeed working perfectly, this new scheme thing. Seriously, the loss of Preston Brown is the single biggest reason why our D has gone from average to awful. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I wasn't here many years ago to comment on if this board has gotten better or worse but I can say that I'm likely still a rookie and add a ton of value!  ;o)

Anyhow, this month has shocked me some with all of the crying and complaining.  Today it's even worse with the chatty Cathy rumour starting about a locker room turning on the coach.  

Dude quit.  He had a tantrum, took his ball amd went home.  One guy and he has his reason.  The rest of the team played hard.  Third quarter, JA started running his way to a score.  A few good plays and then the o line penalty.  Remember this?  Bills lineman was shouting "c'mon!  Let's go!!"  If any swuad on this team would be ready to give up it might be them and yet there they were - that was not a lost locker room on the field in the second half.  No way.

How did bills fans get so danged spoiled?  So little patience?  

I'll one more thing - McD was hired to be the needed adult .  decades now we have heard leaks from OBD about a losing culture and screwing off.  Rex Ryan then came in amd turned the dips*itery to 11.  McD cut and traded the team and pulled out the video ganes and crap.  Now fans here are carping about their worries if the players are cozy enough?!  Do you think NE is cozy and fun?  The guys are locking bill belechick in the porta potty and having a blast?  If you are worried that McD was hard on the guys and one ran away then ask yourself what it is that you really want?  Happy days and 7-9 or a winning team?  Lawdy.  

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I’m pretty sure this is serious, not snark. Which is kind of amazing since the “scheme” the new guy fits is a scheme to give up an average 40 points per game. Yes, it is indeed working perfectly, this new scheme thing. Seriously, the loss of Preston Brown is the single biggest reason why our D has gone from average to awful. 

So you think Preston Brown would have been covering those crossing routes that were beating Edmunds.?

• Haha (+1) 2