Smack from the Jags Message Board

marck

SDBILLSFAN said...

I come to your board because I have an opinion on this game. Also, I have seen no posts from any Jags fan on our message board. This generally is a sign of either no support or fear of the probable outcome.

Lets put some facts on the table. Your starting TE (Brady) is hurt and that takes a major blocking advantage away from you as George Wrightster is no where near the blocker as Brady is. Your offense lacks speed, your QB is young and immobile and with no real down the field threats. This will mean the Bills can play the stong safety in the box, take away the potential of Fred Taylor breaking a long run and I just don't think you have enough on offense to score on long sustained drives.

As far as your defense is concerned, your ends stink, one LB is either a rookie or a guy in Greg Favors who we cut after going 3-13 and is two years older then he was when we cut him. The Jags secondary is slow, you have no real shot at any outside pass rush and your tackles, as good as they are, don't generate up the field pass rush. When the Bills go to three and four wide receivers you have no comparable corners to match-up and will get lit up just like last year.

Lastly, as I said earlier, later in the year this may be a competitive game, but this early, without a chance to get your young kids some experience, your growing pains will be very obvious on Sunday.

I predict 23-13 Bills, but it could get a bit uglier then that if the Bills choose to open up the passing game.

I've been on your board posting. So that's absolute crap.

Wrighster wasn't the TE to replace Brady in the blocking scheme. Yoder was, and he'll be starting there on Sunday. He's no Brady in the blocking department, but he's darn close. You'll discover this when Taylor is smoking your secondary. That thing on his back is the #28. Get a good look at it because you'll be getting a steady dose.

Mike Peterson and Akin Ayodele are names that you'll remember after this week, and just keep thinking that our ends stink. We hope your coaching staff is as ignorant as your fan base.

Open up the passing game! ROFLMAO!!!!! I almost ruined a keyboard on that comment. Your offensive line sucks ass, dude! They gave up twice as many sacks as ours did last year. That statue you call a QB is going to get killed if he takes another 50+ sack beating this year. We'll be happy to introduce him to Mr. Henderson and Mr. Stroud who will be tormenting the crap out of that statue all day long Sunday.

Jeez. As much hot air as Bills fans are pumping into this board, you'd think they were playoff contenders last year. Imagine my surprise when their suck ass team was only 1 win better than ours when the dust settled. ROFLMAO!!!!

Maybe so, but did you notice that even the jag poster knows about our OL waekness?

Good God, I hope it is even a little better this season.

21125[/snapback]

who the hell DOESN'T know about our OL weakness from last year? it's not as if it was well-hidden. :rolleyes:

It does sound like a childish argument. I do not know any Jags fans personally, but I met two of them at this year's draft, and they were cool. After the Jaguars made their last pick on the second day, the 2 Jags fans, myself, a Jets fan and a Skins fan chanted J-A-G-S, JAGS, JAGS, JAGS!!!, after which Mike Golic gave us a puzzled look. :rolleyes:

It does sound like a childish argument. I do not know any Jags fans personally, but I met two of them at this year's draft, and they were cool. After the Jaguars made their last pick on the second day, the 2 Jags fans, myself, a Jets fan and a Skins fan chanted J-A-G-S, JAGS, JAGS, JAGS!!!, after which Mike Golic gave us a puzzled look.  :rolleyes:

21299[/snapback]

I heard a chant like that in Provincetown, Ma before. It went F-A-G-S, fags, fags, fags. :o

I think there are fans from every team who will troll on the boards of other teams, if they have boards, FM.

The only think that I would comment on to a Jags fan, or the fans of any other team is that there are two personnel changes on the offensive line, and the biggest change of all, we have one of the best offensive line coaches in the game instead of the least experienced for a change. Lawrence Smith is going to be something of an unknown for a while, but the Bills staff has given us a concrete reason why we might expect him to outperform Mike Pukecillo. Smith has a sense of balance. The guy he replaces didn't. Smith and Villarrial should be better than Pucillo and Brown. In addition the most transformed player on the offensive line appears to be Trey Teague who has been better than adequate, maybe even good through the preseason. Much of the Bills problems blocking for the pass came in the middle of the line which collapsed time and time again. If, as appears to be the case, McNally has these guys playing with improved strength and technique, then maybe the offensive line is no longer going to be a weakness.

Is anyone remembering that we beat the living stevestojan out of them last season with one hand tied behind our back (they took away our running game and the infamous fake punt call.) and basically the same two teams? In THEIR Stadium. Just a thought....