Reasons Why I Stand By Coach McDermott and GM Beane’s “Process”

BuffaloRush

1 hour ago, Xwnyer said:

I only question their pro player personnel dept.  can’t think of a single guy they brought in that has helped so having a bunch of GA money doesn’t make me feel good

Many of the vets they have brought in are 1 or 2 year deals. Thats the plan. They are building young through the draft and next year is the year they will spend some of that cap and bring in vets on longer contracts.

Just now, yrly said:

I for one am not a fan of Clappy or “the process” but that’s me. I don’t see how you can “rebuild” with all the older players on the roster. 

It isnt Clappy. It is McDicky. He is transforming to Dicky J right before our eyes 

Just now, fansince88 said:

Many of the vets they have brought in are 1 or 2 year deals. Thats the plan. They are building young through the draft and next year is the year they will spend some of that cap and bring in vets on longer contracts.

Who are those vets? Who is worth spending a **** ton of money on? Those players have to want to come here as well and if they don’t you have to entice them with more money, which is how you get yourself in cap hell

1 minute ago, fansince88 said:

So they can send them off?  Like they did with the last young core 

3 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I understand your premise but who else do you wish they would have gotten rid of the first year instead of this past off season?  Tyrod, Brown, Glenn and not signed Hyde and Poyer?

I guess I think all or nothing, or else be consistent. I didn't want to trade Sammy but I at least understood the reasoning. But I didn't understand wanting to get rid of Dareus in the middle of the season for a sixth round pick when you could have had him for the season and then got a sixth round pick. They kept Tyrod to play QB. He's good enough to get you to 9-7 but you're not going to be 4-12 and get a top draft pick. They kind of went both ways. I understand tearing it all down, I understand trying to win now and still make some changes that will eventually become a different team. They seemed to be doing a little of both last year, and then this year they didn't address all kinds of issues. 

You don't tear it down and still have one of the oldest rosters. It makes no sense. 

• Like (+1) 1

Why I don’t stand with them. They thought Nate Peterman was a viable starting QB for this team for the entire season. It lasted 2 quarters. How can you be that wrong? 

The team is consistently blown out by 20+.  6 times now. (Happened 0 times under Ryan)

the coach said said they released Kerley because it was hot out and they needed another DT. It was hot, really?

2 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Who are those vets? Who is worth spending a **** ton of money on? Those players have to want to come here as well and if they don’t you have to entice them with more money, which is how you get yourself in cap hell

You are right! Shut down the team guys. Put the stadium up for sale for concerts or something. CD makes a magnificent point. We should just all eat worms and die

23 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Yes but here is the thing....that is your opinion on how they should do it......its not the only way.

Keep in mind....they did bring a playoff to buffalo for the first time in like 15 years.....ppl were very happy about that......but their were consequences to that.

Its not like this season is completely lost anyway....to me this team has the look of a team that starts off slow and gets better as the season progresses.....the question will be then if the early games did them in but they will look like a team on the rise with 10 draft picks and a boatload of cap space.

Lord help us if this is starting fast and gets worse ? 

way to go out on a limb that it’ll be better at some point 

Just now, CountDorkula said:

This is an example of when you don’t have a valid counter point, what to do. 

No, this is an example of when I dont bother arguing with a Negative Nancy. You are not worth my time. All you want to do is trash it and start over. Im tired of starting over. We got a good coach. Stay with something for a time and let them build it. I made my point. You regurgitated the same phlegm we get here after every loss. 

2 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

No, this is an example of when I dont bother arguing with a Negative Nancy. You are not worth my time. All you want to do is trash it and start over. Im tired of starting over. We got a good coach. Stay with something for a time and let them build it. I made my point. You regurgitated the same phlegm we get here after every loss. 

I’ve provided several examples of why I don’t think he is a good coach , nor do we have a good gm, it’s like my opinion man. This team is constantly blown out. Like 40% of the time blown out. The numbers are there. 

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We dont know that is going to happen.....we do know that we tried to get younger players this year and they went elsewhere which means we needed to pay more for them

This is kind of why you don't do a complete tear down and rebuild in the NFL when you went 9-7 and made the playoffs the year before.

The negative Bills fans will be exposed this season.  The same fans who sang Coach McDermott’s praises last year and now the ones calling for his head today.  Buffalo fans are so dramatic.  Well, I’ll say the ones calling for his head will be the first ones to praise Coach McDermott when he gets this thing turned around next season.  

Remember he is given 5 years to build a winner.  It doesn’t happen overnight.  In the end, I have 100% confidence Mr. McDermott succeed.  

Its a marathon Bills fans, not a 40 yard dash.  We’re not even 6 miles in the race yet, don’t give up!

Edited by BuffaloRush

2 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

There are many reasons why, in the face of the  ugly, negative, and defamatory rhetoric from some of the Bills fan base (I use that term loosely), I stand in lock-step with Coach McDermott and GM Beane.  There are many reasons why:

- We finally have acquired our franchise QB.  This year will all be about his individual development, not about the team’s overall record.  Also would you rather have another 7-9 year with Tyrod Taylor starting?  Or a year bottoming out at say 4-12 where we use a high draft pick to acquire premium talent?  Cal me crazy but I’ve seen enough of 7-9.  If you’re not gonna make the playoffs, Miss them by a mile.

- The are cleaning up the cap situation.  Doug Whaley’s cap situation was atrocious.  It takes time to clean it up.  Beane was able to unload overpaid stars like Sammy Watkins, Marcel Darius, and yes even Tyrod.  Next year, we have a lot of $$$ to spend and a high draft position.  We will rebuild.

- They ended the playoff drought!  I repeat, they ended the playoff drought!  Some of you would have traded your first born to end the drought, these guys did it and you whinge.  

- We have our defensive QB’s in Edmunds, Hyde, and White.  Solid starters for years to come.  Yes Edmunds has struggled a bit so far but he is 20 years old.  Give him 1 year NFL experience and you will see. 

- Coach McDermott will fix the problems on defense.

Folks look at the talent on this team.  Did you really think this was playoff caliiber?  They suffered too many losses.  This is a rebuilding year.  I would encourage you to look at the overall progress of Josh Allen and not the team’s overall record.  This is a rebuild. 

So in conclusion, thank you Coach McDermott.  Thank you GM Beane.  You have our ship headed toward the right direction with the character and culture of this organization. 

To the fans who whinge on this board about the Bills.  Quit your whinging.  We had a playoff team last year.  They broke the streak. Chalk this up to a rebuild and move on.  If you don’t like the team....get off the bus!  (Mic drop)

Great post!

It's a shame that we are so quick to judge two individuals who have only been running the show for a little over a year.  Plans take time to develop.

This isn't blind faith or drinking the kool-aid, it's being a sane and mindful individual.  Just because another team turned things around quicker, that shouldn't matter.  Every team has a different dynamic to work with, and sometimes that process is realized in 1 year, while some may take several years.

if you can't be patient, then stop watching this year and just sit on the sideline until next March/April

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dabills21 said:

Great post!

It's a shame that we are so quick to judge two individuals who have only been running the show for a little over a year.  Plans take time to develop.

This isn't blind faith or drinking the kool-aid, it's being a sane and mindful individual.  Just because another team turned things around quicker, that shouldn't matter.  Every team has a different dynamic to work with, and sometimes that process is realized in 1 year, while some may take several years.

if you can't be patient, then stop watching this year and just sit on the sideline until next March/April

I think anyone who looked at the roster last season was foolish to think they would be able to build off their 9-7 record.  Remember the ultimate goal of McDermott and Beane was to build a team to win long-term.  Not to build 9-7 again

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

I think anyone who looked at the roster last season was foolish to think they would be able to build off their 9-7 record.  Remember the ultimate goal of McDermott and Beane was to build a team to win long-term.  Not to build 9-7 again

Completely agree.  They are facing an angry mob for overachieving last year.

I know everyone has different expectations with this team, but i was just happy to see them make the playoffs last year.  It's very clear that building a long term winner, with what they had to work with coming in, was going to take multiple years.  

Patience is a virtue all!

2 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

There are many reasons why, in the face of the  ugly, negative, and defamatory rhetoric from some of the Bills fan base (I use that term loosely), I stand in lock-step with Coach McDermott and GM Beane.  There are many reasons why but we can basically boil it down to one; its just a lot easier and more comforting than critical thinking.

And you too can free yourself from a life of pain, fear, anxiety and uncertainty.  Have you heard of the teachings of L. Ron Hubbard?

I knew it!!

• Haha (+1) 1