The negativity from the fanbase is not a knee jerk reaction to week 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

What crap.  What absolute unadulterated crap.  You spout off how it's the folks that are negative that are right.  They made the playoffs last year as the most obvious evidence that you're wrong.  And your response is it didin't count because they weren't fun to watch?  

You are absolutely ridiculous with this stuff.

May I politely suggest we don’t feed the trolls? 

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

Yeah but, Darnold was the QB to get, or even Rosen, not Allen...  All that draft capital they obtained by getting rid of guys like Sammy Watkins, and the Jets moved ahead an took the franchise QB, ouch! 

I dont know this as fact, but from what was said after the fact - if the Bills REALLY wanted Darnold, they could have figured it out. It wasnt worth it to them or Allen was rated higher... either way, its a moot point and at this point in time no one can say either is better and actually know what they are talking about. 

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

My college hoops board actually allows the negative repping, and you can run trolls off the board. I’m all for varying opinions, but I try to avoid foolish, repetitive trolls. Say something smart, please. It takes the fun out of this site when the whining gets so repetitive and predictable. It makes me think less of Bills fans in general, and I know that should NOT be the case. I love the true Bills brethren, but have little time for the sky is falling crowd. 

As always Augie - a breath of fresh air in the midst of a steaming pile.

I have no problem with negativity and criticism, but you nailed it wrt the repetitive trolls. OP claims the negativity isn't a knee jerk reaction. Um, sure, this board looked the same before  Sunday with rampant, repetitive threads popping up by the minute and the smelly egg we laid on Sunday was just a coincidence.

For the record I tend to be a Bills-loving apologist. Not sure if I would've lasted this long otherwise. But Sunday and the pre-season lead up have raised some serious concerns about McBeane. In particular, the handling of the QB situation looks indefensible right now. 

I had similar concerns after the San Diego debacle last year. But somehow they turned it around and I'll hope for the same in the upcoming weeks.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ermmmm..... we're customers of a commercial product?  A product that appears massively unsatisfactory?

Was this a trick question?

There are 5000 hall of fame gm’s on this board lately, who clearly know more than OBD does. And throw flames 24/7 if anyone has a different opinion. We all knew this team would look like trash. There’s hope they can be coached up some like last years squad. But I think everyone can agree this team doesn’t have the same talent level as last years and that’s why so many seem upset. 

There is criticism and then there’s childish temper tantrums. The game was ugly and pathetic but the board is not any fun to read with how a lot of people are acting on here 

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

What crap.  What absolute unadulterated crap.  You spout off how it's the folks that are negative that are right.  They made the playoffs last year as the most obvious evidence that you're wrong.  And your response is it didin't count because they weren't fun to watch?  

It goes beyond being fun to watch. They were incompetent with game management and frustratingly bi-polar on defense. The offense was consistently terrible and predictable. Do you deny any of those assesments?

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Is this what is known as a Chemical burn?

1 hour ago, Skins Malone said:

No point in crying and arguing i agree there.  We can have adult conversations with differing view points.  At the sametime though Fans have a right to be upset with their team...every fan base does it.  So saying they can go find a new team is dumb we are all fans thats why we are here.  Its been a rough go for the Bills for many years...i can understand people blowing off a little steam on here.

I’m upset and disappointed as well. 

We should be. But in all seriousness the threads started lately are just as pathetic as the team played. The constant firing and bashing every move the team makes is beyond discussion or criticism. Too many posters who can’t have a discussion unless you agree with vile hatred for any and all front office personnel lol. 

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

It goes beyond being fun to watch. They were incompetent with game management and frustratingly bi-polar on defense. The offense was consistently terrible and predictable. Do you deny any of those assesments?

They could have been better on offense.  And defense.  And they were in the playoffs.  And they addressed offense by bringing in a new OC, drafted their potential franchise QB(did you see TTs performance Sunday by the way?).

You can try and wriggle out of it any way you want but your position is we should be negative because they made the playoffs.  That is ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

As always Augie - a breath of fresh air in the midst of a steaming pile.

I have no problem with negativity and criticism, but you nailed it wrt the repetitive trolls. OP claims the negativity isn't a knee jerk reaction. Um, sure, this board looked the same before  Sunday with rampant, repetitive threads popping up by the minute and the smelly egg we laid on Sunday was just a coincidence.

For the record I tend to be a Bills-loving apologist. Not sure if I would've lasted this long otherwise. But Sunday and the pre-season lead up have raised some serious concerns about McBeane. In particular, the handling of the QB situation looks indefensible right now. 

I had similar concerns after the San Diego debacle last year. But somehow they turned it around and I'll hope for the same in the upcoming weeks.

Go Bills!

It’s difficult to say out loud and in public, but the QB situation, in my opinion, is not about winning the next game, or the game after that. It’s not about how embarrassing Peterman might look. It’s all about giving Allen some time to get ready, while avoiding the teeth of the defensive schedule. It’s all about the long term view, and I respect that immensely, even if it’s unpopular. 

The argument is that we are so ungodly set back that we're going to keep running the "Allen needs a better offense" narrative for the 5 years it takes to draft O-Line, 3 starting caliber receivers, a new running back, and hope that the quarterback that has the exact same scouting notes as EJ Manual.. raw, needs time, has the skills but needs to fix a lot of things, IS actually a good Quarterback. And I like Allen! It's the sheer amount of offensive destruction that'll set him back years.. and he might be EJ Manual. Doug Whaley had a plan. He drafted EJ, traded for Lesean, picked up Ritchie. Went high on WR for Woods and Watkins, and grabbed Clay. But he whiffed on quarterback so we knew pretty quickly EJ wasn't going to work, and Doug got canned, as he should've been, he screwed up. Beane went out to do the opposite and get the same high risk high reward QB, and obliterate the offense so we'll be complaining about Allen's crap O Line and WRs for so long we'll forget Allen might suck too. His plan involves a 4-5 year recovery. And that one game showed us why. We have 1 NFL player worth anything on offense. That's my gripe. 

So when we say we're not happy because we're so bad following 1 week and have a crappy roster, it's implied we see a very stupid long year plan that Beane probably won't get around to unless he's brainwashed the Pegulas to allow him to absolutely suck for several years.

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Augie said:

My college hoops board actually allows the negative repping, and you can run trolls off the board. I’m all for varying opinions, but I try to avoid foolish, repetitive trolls. Say something smart, please. It takes the fun out of this site when the whining gets so repetitive and predictable. It makes me think less of Bills fans in general, and I know that should NOT be the case. I love the true Bills brethren, but have little time for the sky is falling crowd. 

Wow I would love that here. You nailed my sentiments 100%

i come here for news and healthy debate and discussion, not at all what has happened since preseason game 2.

i always joke I wish they’d banish everyone starting new threads unless they receive x amount of “likes” or rep here. 

I would love the idea of negative repping trolls off the board. I feel they’d just make a new account and post right away though. 

We have some quality guys posting on here, I would like to see memebers earn the right to start new threads. Plenty of good ones to chat in 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

It’s difficult to say out loud and in public, but the QB situation, in my opinion, is not about winning the next game, or the game after that. It’s not about how embarrassing Peterman might look. It’s all about giving Allen some time to get ready, while avoiding the teeth of the defensive schedule. It’s all about the long term view, and I respect that immensely, even if it’s unpopular. 

I'll take your advice and not respond to the OP anymore here.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

They could have been better on offense.  And defense.  And they were in the playoffs.  And they addressed offense by bringing in a new OC, drafted their potential franchise QB(did you see TTs performance Sunday by the way?).

You can try and wriggle out of it any way you want but your position is we should be negative because they made the playoffs.  That is ridiculous.

No, my position is we should be negative because they were a bad team, and there is no realistic way to fill all the holes they created and keep up with the rest of the league. It's simple asset management.

If any other franchise had the same year as us last year no one would be happy.

13 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

There's no reason a playoff team can't get better. Why does squeaking in the playoffs mean we had nothing to build from that, in fact.. the opposite lol.

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

There's no reason a playoff team can't get better. Why does squeaking in the playoffs mean we had nothing to build from that, in fact.. the opposite lol.

Not saying they can't or shouldn't.  They absolutely need to improve.  But when folks say they have done nothing right , and they are coming off a playoff year, that is simply ridiculous.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Not saying they can't or shouldn't.  They absolutely need to improve.  But when folks say they have done nothing right , and they are coming off a playoff year, that is simply ridiculous.

They did great last year. That's why this is so frustrating that people are saying "we were obviously going to suck this year"... Is it cause we got way worse? Yes. Did we need to get way worse for what exactly? No. 

52 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

Yeah but, Darnold was the QB to get, or even Rosen, not Allen...  All that draft capital they obtained by getting rid of guys like Sammy Watkins, and the Jets moved ahead an took the franchise QB, ouch! 

You do realize there is not a rule that there can only be one franchise QB in a draft right?

This was a QB draft......

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

I agree 100% about winning the next game not being important. It's all about Allen and his development. One way or another McBeane will live or die on that battlefield.

Unfortunately the repeated confidence they've shown in Peterman makes me question their judgement. What worries me is that Peterman's incompetence will force their hand with Allen too soon.

But positive guy hopes that Allen starts Sunday, shows he's ready and we never look back (and that can include not making the playoffs this year).

22 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Wow I would love that here. You nailed my sentiments 100%

i come here for news and healthy debate and discussion, not at all what has happened since preseason game 2.

i always joke I wish they’d banish everyone starting new threads unless they receive x amount of “likes” or rep here. 

I would love the idea of negative repping trolls off the board. I feel they’d just make a new account and post right away though. 

We have some quality guys posting on here, I would like to see memebers earn the right to start new threads. Plenty of good ones to chat in 

I love this place!

Usually. 

I get that Sunday’s results will bring out some crazy, in all of us to varying degrees. 

I’d love some more....ability to control, but I know it’s extremely difficult. My college hoops board is far smaller, but they will track down an IP address and ban repeat offenders. This site is enormous in comparison. I honestly appreciate opposing viewpoints, but some people lack reason, and press agendas beyond what is reasonable. It gets tiresome, to say the least. Whining is a pathetic way to go through life. 

10 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I agree 100% about winning the next game not being important. It's all about Allen and his development. One way or another McBeane will live or die on that battlefield.

Unfortunately the repeated confidence they've shown in Peterman makes me question their judgement. What worries me is that Peterman's incompetence will force their hand with Allen too soon.

But positive guy hopes that Allen starts Sunday, shows he's ready and we never look back (and that can include not making the playoffs this year).

Therein lies the trick. It’s NOT necessarily confidence in Peterman, it’s not being willing to put Allen out too early. You MUST live with he incompetence to avoid putting Allen in too soon. The other option was AJ, who played WORSE in preseason, and they magically got a draft pick for. It’s NOT about bad backups, it’s ALL about who will take the beatings until they decide to put Allen is. 

Edited by Augie
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m upset and disappointed as well. 

We should be. But in all seriousness the threads started lately are just as pathetic as the team played. The constant firing and bashing every move the team makes is beyond discussion or criticism. Too many posters who can’t have a discussion unless you agree with vile hatred for any and all front office personnel lol. 

I hear ya.  I think its just the way we lost that has fans a little out of sorts.  But i agree with you.  I still want mcd and beane to succeed.  Next year is going to be huge for them.