Official MNF Thread: Raiders v Rams

Jauronimo

A grown man named Booger? 

You pick your nose when you're 8 and you're Booger for the rest of your life?

Growing up in S Buffalo I knew a guy named Mad Dog. I ran into him in a bar while visiting a couple years ago and asked him how he got his nickname. He shook his head and said: " you bite a kid in the face when you're 10 and you're 'Mad Dog' for the rest of your life.

8 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

It took them 3 quarters to get anything resembling a rhythm going.  They did sign Cooks to replace Watkins and hes proving to be not much of a decoy.

Yeah, it's called actually producing.  McVay said he let Sammy walk because he felt he was too one-dimensional.

And what a tale of two halves.  Looked like the Rams made adjustments and the Raiders didn't.

Edited by Doc

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah, it's called actually producing.  McVay said he let Sammy walk because he felt he was too one-dimensional.

And what a tale of two halves.  Looked like the Rams made adjustments and the Raiders didn't.

Cooks caught 5 passes for 87 yards! Decoys are supposed to be seen but not heard.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Cooks caught 5 passes for 87 yards! Decoys are supposed to be seen but not heard.

Also drew a 50+ yard pass interference call, now that I think about it may have been twice that he got loose for a bomb and the corner didn’t turn around and got a PI.

Goff didn’t connect on any deep shots but his ball did look improved from last year. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

That's what they said on MNF when discussing Cooks replacing Sammy.

It sounded more like McFarlands opining on the matter rather than a quote. I didn’t hear him attribute that to McVay at all; perhaps I heard it wrong. Cooks is smaller/ quicker maybe, I’m not even sure about the last part. Anyway, the Rams bowed out on a bidding war and got a different player. I didn’t see him do anything spectacular and Watkins would likely get lambasted for the same stat line in a game. Not trying to change anyone’s mind here, but I’d still take Watkins on the Bills all day long. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

56 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

It sounded more like McFarlands opining on the matter rather than a quote. I didn’t hear him attribute that to McVay at all; perhaps I heard it wrong. Cooks is smaller/ quicker maybe, I’m not even sure about the last part. Anyway, the Rams bowed out on a bidding war and got a different player. I didn’t see him do anything spectacular and Watkins would likely get lambasted for the same stat line in a game. Not trying to change anyone’s mind here, but I’d still take Watkins on the Bills all day long. 

Cooks caught 5 passes for 87 yards.  That's a pretty good outing.  And IIRC, it was the guy announcing who said that, not McFarland.