Every Josh Allen Throw Vs. Ravens

Prickly Pete

26 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

He caught 3 balls in the National Championship game. I don’t recall if all the passes were from Tua.

So he’s another raw developmental guy. Great athlete limited playing experience. Sounds like a good guy to have on the roster this year.

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Allen fans: explain to me what you loved about watching this? I just see a lot of fastballs outside the strike zone. 

We just count all the passes that bounce off WRs hands as catches. 

And no, your ironic post didn't go over my head. 

3 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Is it fair to have expected that Foster catch that pass? No.

Bounced off the man's hands. Yes.

Allen fans: explain to me what you loved about watching this? I just see a lot of fastballs outside the strike zone. 

Maybe he was good... but I have a hard time evaluating the kid or anointing him as the guy against a bad defense playing a shell scheme where they just wanted to run clock. I would LOVE Allen to be the guy, but today told me nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

What I'm trying to say is that there's a really strange double standard going on here where the same facts are being used to trash one player and praise another who had pretty similar results. They both played poorly, but their WRs were worse than both of them, the O-line was awful, they couldn't and didn't run and the defense was a sieve. The entire team around both QBs was a constant. They performed the same start to finish. The QBs were the only variable  on the Bills side and neither had any success.

What I'm also saying is the minute edge that Allen had in production should be considered with respect that the Ravens had their defensive stars on the sidelines.

I'm super confused how one guy was trash and the other "must absolutely start" based off the same results.

Allen had to lead this team to its first, first down. Let that sink in. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mabden said:

I can see next years draft going like this:

1)WR

2)OL

3)WR

4)OL

5)WR

5)OL

6)WR

7)OL

What if WR 1 is gone? Do we go with OL 1?

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Throw a side did you see that part where it bounced into his hands he bobbled it and then it dropped?

That did happen. Tough play but it happened nonetheless 

I loved that he threw a perfect touchdown pass to Benjamin. I also liked how he consistently kept his eyes down field while finding pockets behind the OLine and making solid throws.

I'd still like to see more "safe" throws but that will come with time imo.

Just now, Sky Diver said:

The Bills appear to like him so you better get used to him. It would take some stress out of your life.

Don't be so sure about that.

Look at these screenshots. Look at where the defender is and where the ball is.

Any average high school receiver reaches out over the defender and catches the ball with his hands. 

foster.thumb.jpg.d13e960ec347941e4b170b6985898ff5.jpgfoster2.jpg.3284968f66f58c0b27808a61f189f55f.jpg

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Thats not what I said. And why are you more concerned about the Alabama WR and not the fact that Benjamin dropped a TD pass?

Is there enough time in a day to discuss Benjamin's useless self. Can we trade him now?

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I loved that he threw a perfect touchdown pass to Benjamin. I also liked how he consistently kept his eyes down field while finding pockets behind the OLine and making solid throws.

I'd still like to see more "safe" throws but that will come with time imo.

Don't be so sure about that.

Look at these screenshots. Look at where the defender is and where the ball is.

Any average high school receiver reaches out over the defender and catches the ball with his hands. 

foster.thumb.jpg.d13e960ec347941e4b170b6985898ff5.jpgfoster2.jpg.3284968f66f58c0b27808a61f189f55f.jpg

He was a 5* recruit. Ranked the #2 WR in the nation. I don’t know how many HS WR’s there are in  the country, but it’s a lot.

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The guy I watch games with, who knows more football than me, immediately said the best part of that 3rd and 18 play was he threw the ball 25 yards or so. Usually our QBs will throw it 16 even when they make a nice escape 

like that. Really true. He throws it 25 yards on a rope with ease. 

That was a nice thought and we havent seen a real NFL caliber throw in a VERY LONG TIME.

I love that he worked on his game after his season ended and played well in the Senior Bowl while cleaning up some of his "issues". I love how he worked through the Summer at camp and rarely made the same mistake multiple times. I LOVED how he took the brunt of the criticism of his last pre-season game upon himself.

He is not Carr, Wentz, or Mahomes, everyone's background and make-up is different. Play the Kid, I believe he is special.

Regarding the throw to Foster, did he follow through completely, or did he take a shot in the chest as soon as he released?