R. I. P. Burt Reynolds - Gone at 82

26CornerBlitz

46 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Wouldn't "Cannonball Run" be considered a re-make of "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World"?

I was thinking more a remake of The Great Race, but similar yeah. The point I was going for is there are no great plot twists, no character development, no big moral lessons. It would be tough to screw up because it's just mindless goofball jokes and seeing how many cameos you can squeeze into one movie.

Bill Simmons has a great podcast this week about his top five movies, going into heavy detail about roles I had totally forgotten.

a great tribute

also explains to me how a lot of men a decade older patterned themself after these roles

2 hours ago, teef said:

eh.  i like him as an actor, but the guy was a know scumbag and wife beater.  he slapped a reporter for not seeing a movie he was in.  

who is the actor that you look up to for high moral purpose on top of his time on film?

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

who is the actor that you look up to for high moral purpose on top of his time on film?

will smith?

i don't care about the morality of most things, but a guy who beats multiple wives isn't exactly a good guy.

14 minutes ago, teef said:

will smith?

i don't care about the morality of most things, but a guy who beats multiple wives isn't exactly a good guy.

i just assume anything bad is covered up by the studios and media, the lack of a problem publicly stated doesn't mean a righteous life

i doubt more than 2 or 3 in 100 years with stardom have been decent human beings as normal people define it