Get Off My Lawn... School bus Stop type

childless heathens are the bane of the world. We have them in our neighbourhood and I hate them with all of my being. They used to snarl at us when we brought our kids to the bus stop and complained to the school board to have the stop moved. The kids never misbehaved once and I was there every school day. These people hate children and therefore life itself. They have spent their miserable lives enslaved to the mortgage holders and now must justify their sick choices by hating kids

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, stuvian said:

childless heathens are the bane of the world. We have them in our neighbourhood and I hate them with all of my being. They used to snarl at us when we brought our kids to the bus stop and complained to the school board to have the stop moved. The kids never misbehaved once and I was there every school day. These people hate children and therefore life itself. They have spent their miserable lives enslaved to the mortgage holders and now must justify their sick choices by hating kids

Wasn't a choice...my wife and I can't have kids.

And we hate your kids because of their miserable self-righteous parents.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

When our boys were young we lived in a nice neighborhood with a mix of older people in condos and single family houses with kids. One guy on the HOA board wanted to ban basketball hoops because he hated to sound of the bouncing balls and laughing kids. One of our neighbors said “But Bob, you had four boys of your own, how could you have a problem with this?” His response was “yeah, and they’re all gone and I don’t need any more of that crap!”

Our little subdivision now has about 70 homes, and there’s only 1-2 with kids. A few grandkids is about it. I actually want to move to be around younger people and more kids. It’s just too expensive considering transaction costs and moving. 

Maybe there really was some terrible behavior. But some people are just miserable, and that will always be the case. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

When our boys were young we lived in a nice neighborhood with a mix of older people in condos and single family houses with kids. One guy on the HOA board wanted to ban basketball hoops because he hated to sound of the bouncing balls and laughing kids. One of our neighbors said “But Bob, you had four boys of your own, how could you have a problem with this?” His response was “yeah, and they’re all gone and I don’t need any more of that crap!”

Our little subdivision now has about 70 homes, and there’s only 1-2 with kids. A few grandkids is about it. I actually want to move to be around younger people and more kids. It’s just too expensive considering transaction costs and moving. 

Maybe there really was some terrible behavior. But some people are just miserable, and that will always be the case. 

The most miserable live to be 100

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, stuvian said:

What's this about the mortgage holders?

5 hours ago, bbb said:

What's this about the mortgage holders?

The banks.  Of course the residents don't want their property values dropping because the rug rats are running around cursing and fighting @ the neighborhood bus stop.  News gets out about that...

But... I do see the guy's point.  If the bus stop is a sh *thole that is whisking the Kidlets off to the educational wasteland... Dude's taking action...

Are the parents trying to reign their children in?  Why has it even arrived at this point?  Have they even addressed the guy's complaints in the article?  Like yeah... We are sending a few parents out to the bus stop to chaperone their progeny? Must be too early for them?