"Fear: Trump in the White House"

ALF

Woodward's 448-page book,

Bob Woodward: Trump's aides stole his papers 'to protect the country'

President Donald Trump's closest aides have taken extraordinary measures in the White House to try to stop what they saw as his most dangerous impulses, going so far as to swipe and hide papers from his desk so he wouldn't sign them, according to a new book from legendary journalist Bob Woodward.

Woodward offers a devastating portrait of a dysfunctional Trump White House, detailing how senior aides — both current and former Trump administration officials — grew exasperated with the President and increasingly worried about his erratic behavior, ignorance and penchant for lying.

Chief of staff John Kelly describes Trump as an "idiot" and "unhinged," Woodward reports. Defense Secretary James Mattis describes Trump as having the understanding of "a fifth or sixth grader." And Trump's former personal lawyer John Dowd describes the President as "a !@#$ing liar," telling Trump he would end up in an "orange jump suit" if he testified to special counsel Robert Mueller.

"He's an idiot. It's pointless to try to convince him of anything. He's gone off the rails. We're in crazytown," Kelly is quoted as saying at a staff meeting in his office. "I don't even know why any of us are here. This is the worst job I've ever had."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/04/politics/bob-woodward-book-donald-trump-fear/index.html?adkey=bn

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That story was already rejected by Kelly months ago...

But Woodward has nameless sources, so they must be real/truthful. 

Unnamed sources, eh? That's about all anybody seems to have nowadays.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ALF said:

Chief of staff John Kelly describes Trump as an "idiot" and "unhinged," Woodward reports. Defense Secretary James Mattis describes Trump as having the understanding of "a fifth or sixth grader." And Trump's former personal lawyer John Dowd describes the President as "a !@#$ing liar," telling Trump he would end up in an "orange jump suit" if he testified to special counsel Robert Mueller.

All that, and yet still not Hillary.

I call that a victory.

• Like (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That story was already rejected by Kelly months ago...

But Woodward has nameless sources, so they must be real/truthful. 

As we know, the unnamed sources are only correct if they either cite unnamed methods or that they heard the information 3rd hand from another unnamed source who was in a position to overhear someone close to the situation talking about it in the bathroom.

• Like (+1) 1

WaPo has a recording of a call between Woodward and Trump (and a little bit of KellyAnne). Trump comes off as dumb as ever - and lies multiple times as well.

You idiots are in denial if you believe Trump over Woodward.

• Like (+1) 1

Gary is gonna keep on believing unnamed sources - even though they constantly are proven to be wrong - until he goes down with the ship. It's not about Trump vs Woodward's credibility. It's about Woodward's work - which relies exclusively on anonymous sources talking about stories the principles already denied. 

Good reporting has evidence to back it up. 

Woodward's book has unnamed speculations. 

Its gossip. Not journalism. And it's shite because of it. 

9 minutes ago, donbb said:

WaPo has a recording of a call between Woodward and Trump (and a little bit of KellyAnne). Trump comes off as dumb as ever - and lies multiple times as well.

Does he sound dumber than he did in November 2016?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Gary is gonna keep on believing unnamed sources - even though they constantly are proven to be wrong - until he goes down with the ship. It's not about Trump vs Woodward's credibility. It's about Woodward's work - which relies exclusively on anonymous sources talking about stories the principles already denied. 

Says the idiot quoting undercover huber and techno frog. I'm finally putting you on ignore. You contribute less than nothing.

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Not when the subject of the story, Kelly, denies its reality. 

Again, you've been pushing a baseless conspiracy theory for over two years now, so I understand why you confuse fiction with fact. 

I've been pushing conspiracy theories??? Wow! 

:lol:

10 minutes ago, ALF said:

I wish St. John the Maverick was still alive, just so he could die, and the resulting week of wall-to-wall beatification would spare us the pain of watching the Post shill yet another attempt by Bob Woodward to relive his Watergate glory years.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, donbb said:

You are, without a doubt a complete, lying douchebag. Alf posted a link to your WAPO tape. There's noting there. Were you just hoping you could get by sayingshit and not expecting anyone to listen to it? Go block DR like you said you'd do and then come back under another name again.

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

You are, without a doubt a complete, lying douchebag. Alf posted a link to your WAPO tape. There's noting there. Were you just hoping you could get by sayingshit and not expecting anyone to listen to it? Go block DR like you said you'd do and then come back under another name again.

Noting!!??? 

QVrPdiOzu-VKCE_h1j0qU5QE9o1CXuG45K2TSNKK

58 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I found his "unnamed sources."

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Did a trout fart in your cereal? "Noting" there? 

Learn to spell - I'll give you another chance in October. Good grief!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, donbb said:

Did a trout fart in your cereal? "Noting" there? 

Learn to spell - I'll give you another chance in October. Good grief!

Thank you for pointing out my typo. Now, do you have anything to say about your cheap trick attempt?

32 minutes ago, donbb said:

And too stupid to know when October is. 

I don't know what your preoccupation with October is; could it be when you are coming back under a different name?

Thank you for pointing out my typo. Now, do you have anything to say about your cheap trick attempt?

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I don't know what your preoccupation with October is; could it be when you are coming back under a different name?

Wow, right over your head! 

image.png.20f9057f8ef30e1d98a94e1f658b1a87.png

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Woodward's "sources" are already denying it: 

Ah, but Bobby-boy stated on tape that he disclosed who was in the room whenever there was a quote regarding Trump. He never disclosed who claimed what was said. Real sneaky, like something Gary would do.

• Like (+1) 1

When Woodward wrote about the disaster that was Obama's first two years in office, did this board offer this defense? Just curious. That was a great book and showed what a thin-skinned back-biting president he was.

Woodward tapes his conversations. Meticulously researches and verifies his sources. He's known for being one of the most anal source-verifiers.  

Des anyone *really* think Kelly did NOT call Trump an idiot? I'd think Kelly was an idiot if he did not call Trump an idiot. And of course he has to deny the story. If he sues Woodward, let me know. That Trump's White House is a dysfunctional mess is not exactly breaking news. We didn't need Woodward to tell us that, but it doesn't mean he's been an ineffective leader on many issues. He's been an incredibly effective leader and many fronts.  But it would be hard to imagine a more dysfunctional WH in recent memory.

Let me guess: Woodward is a Grand-Thetan in the Deep State.  

Edited by BeginnersMind
  • Thank you (+1) 1