AJ was the only QB playing. Is he going to.be traded?

Tipster19

9 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

The last preseason game is usually the last rehearsal for players trying to make a club. It seems to me that the Bills wanted to protect their investments in both Peterman and Allen. My question is we’re the Bills highlighting McCaron so they can trade him? 

It’s been rumored that Gruden doesn’t feel like they have a good enough back up QB on their roster. I’m wondering if a trade of McCaron, Shaq and next year’s 1st rd pick could get a deal done with the Raiders for Mack. If not a trade for Mack then I still definitely think the Bills are thinking that AJ is expendable and he won’t be on the roster come the opener next week. If so I would think that if they do indeed trade him he will be involved  in some kind of package for a player rather than a draft pick. Could an offensive lineman be in play here? It just seemed strange that they only played McCaron in this last game, especially since he was coming back from being injured. I may be wrong on both scenarios but I definitely feel like he will be traded for something or someone.

Give Oakland Lawson, AJ and a 1st + 4th. For Mack

12 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Give Oakland Lawson, AJ and a 1st + 4th. For Mack

If they arent happy with EJ, why would they want AJ? Statistically EJ was alot better then AJ and possibly Peterman too who was the Bill's top QB statistically this preseason. The Raiders are looking to improve their backup QB, not downgrade the spot while taking less for Mack.

As for AJ, in most cases playing the 4th game may be because the team needs one last look from you before cuts, but in AJs case it may have been that the Bill's wanted him to play the full game to get extra practice time in because he missed time with the collarbone issue. I think they have always intended to keep 3 QBs and have always known who they planned to start unless someone else blew them away by their performance and stole the job which hasnt really happened for either of them.

6 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

You think the QB who was last to sign out of most of the big FA QBs and then performed poorly in preseason has any trade value? I doubt it.

He threw more TDs in PS than the other 2 guys and the longest pass play of 62 yards and the team scored the most points when he was in.  He's a hard nosed competitor. You either got the fire in your belly of you don't which a QB HAS to have. He does.

I hope we don't trade him.

We are QB starved team and have been for a very long time.  Trading away a guy that can actually plAy for a low round golden ticket doesn't sound prudent to me.

Besides that with our line we will need bodies at QB. Might as well have a guy that can actually play the position instead of a TE of waiver wire guy. We ARE trying to win after all.

Edited by reddogblitz

If they can't trade McCarron, I think he'll be cut. There's no reason to hold 3 QBs on the roster when the #3 guy is a vet making $5 mil/year. 

If the Bills ever get down to their 3rd string QB, just sign a guy off the street and aim for the #1 overall pick in the 2019 draft. 

16 hours ago, ALF said:

I'm for keeping 3 QBs on the 53 roster. AJ looked like a backup , being sacked 5 times by 2nd stringers is not a good sign.

Daboll needs more dump off pass routes with this OL.

Did you see his dump off pass?   Daboll probably just said screw it.  

9 hours ago, ALF said:

After paying AJ a $4M signing bonus , I would keep him at least 1 year , especially with this OL

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/a.j.-mccarron-14575/

no ****

6 minutes ago, PirateHookerMD said:

Bengals backup QB got hurt. They should trade us for AJ :)

Is this Beane again ?
 do like this thinking though.

Bills might have hedged their bet with Peterman still under contract and the draft yet to occur. They may have made an error since they also may have connected with that swing for the QB ?! Now he might be 3 out of three and worried if Bills are only keeping two.

uh oh
keep 3

17 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

The last preseason game is usually the last rehearsal for players trying to make a club. It seems to me that the Bills wanted to protect their investments in both Peterman and Allen. My question is we’re the Bills highlighting McCaron so they can trade him? 

It’s been rumored that Gruden doesn’t feel like they have a good enough back up QB on their roster. I’m wondering if a trade of McCaron, Shaq and next year’s 1st rd pick could get a deal done with the Raiders for Mack. If not a trade for Mack then I still definitely think the Bills are thinking that AJ is expendable and he won’t be on the roster come the opener next week. If so I would think that if they do indeed trade him he will be involved  in some kind of package for a player rather than a draft pick. Could an offensive lineman be in play here? It just seemed strange that they only played McCaron in this last game, especially since he was coming back from being injured. I may be wrong on both scenarios but I definitely feel like he will be traded for something or someone.

I think they would like to trade him.  Not sure if anyone is interested

On 8/31/2018 at 9:35 AM, gobills1212 said:

But for some reason some folks think hed be in a package for xxxxx

It never ceases to amaze me how people think we can just package our crap and send it to another team for something worth while. 

Its the ultimate homer move and it drives me nuts. 

Like the guy saying (seriously) that he adds value to a trade to the raiders. Yikes. Its the paradox of someone being into it enough to participate on a message board but some how, hasnt a clue about the team or league.

Like that guy who called 550 last week to tell Schopp to sit Allen and that he 'didnt know anything about football'.... and then when asked to defend his position couldnt even recall Aaron Rodgers name... like foreal???

I guess AJ had value to the Raiders after all. 

On 8/31/2018 at 9:35 AM, gobills1212 said:

But for some reason some folks think hed be in a package for xxxxx

It never ceases to amaze me how people think we can just package our crap and send it to another team for something worth while. 

Its the ultimate homer move and it drives me nuts. 

Like the guy saying (seriously) that he adds value to a trade to the raiders. Yikes. Its the paradox of someone being into it enough to participate on a message board but some how, hasnt a clue about the team or league.

Like that guy who called 550 last week to tell Schopp to sit Allen and that he 'didnt know anything about football'.... and then when asked to defend his position couldnt even recall Aaron Rodgers name... like foreal???

You were saying?

Classic!

1 hour ago, Shotgunner said:

You were saying?

Classic!

You are missing the point and viewing that statment totally out of context.

I was getting at, AJ + picks for Mack (as people were suggesting and the basis of this post) is asinine and totally homer.

AJ for a 5th, decent value both ways. 

If you want to make it just about AJ, then frame it to the AJ nets a second crap that was being tossed around. 

Like we decide we dont want someone bc of whatever reason - but another team is willing to give something worth while for our crap?

AJ packaged in a Mack trade might have added to the bottom end, but in no way, shape, or form, would have been ANYTHING more than a throw in. 

Its as silly as the Browns fans feeling slighted their 1st rd pick Coleman only netted a late rd pick in return.

Why should it net anything better? Dude couldnt make progress on the playbook to the point of anything positive or hopeful and thus was dumped. Again, the value = product.

Now that the Mack trade is final, those saying AJ and picks, or Lawson/Hughes picks look straight silly bc one team (and it only takes one) was willing to give up the 2 ones. 

So dont come at me with this "you were saying" crap unless you have the context correct and understand the argument in which you are engaging. Trying to make someone look like a tool without actually reading and comprehending is ALMOST as annoying as my initial gripe....

1 hour ago, Tipster19 said:

I guess AJ had value to the Raiders after all. 

See above...

Edited by gobills1212

1 minute ago, gobills1212 said:

You are missing the point and viewing that statment totally out of context.

I was getting at, AJ + picks for Mack (as people were suggesting and the basis of this post) is asinine and totally homer.

AJ for a 5th, decent value both ways. 

If you want to make it just about AJ, then frame it to the AJ nets a second crap that was being tossed around. 

Like we decide we dont want someone bc of whatever reason - but another team treats it as gold.

Its as silly as the Browns fans feeling slighted their 1st rd pick Coleman only netted a late rd pick. 

Why should it net anything better? Dude couldnt make progress on the playbook to the point of anything positive or hopeful and thus was dumped. Again, the value = product.

Now that the Mack trade is final, those saying AJ and picks, or Lawson or picks look straight silly bc one team (and it only takes one) was willing to give up the 2 ones. 

So dont come at me with this "you were saying" crap unless you have the context correct and understand the argument in which you are engaging...

See above...

No need to get defensive, but it's freakin hilarious when you acted like people were stupid for thinking what happened would happen.

Just quoting when you said AJ "doesn't add value" to the Raiders.... The exact team he got traded to. So apparently they did value him. Not in a Mack trade, but so what. Still funny.

But, you know, carry on freaking out trying to prove that you are vindicated on something that doesn't matter to a bunch of folks you don't even know and will probably never meet.

6 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

No need to get defensive, but it's freakin hilarious when you acted like people were stupid for thinking what happened would happen.

Just quoting when you said AJ "doesn't add value" to the Raiders.... The exact team he got traded to. So apparently they did value him. Not in a Mack trade, but so what. Still funny.

But, you know, carry on freaking out trying to prove that you are vindicated on something that doesn't matter to a bunch of folks you don't even know and will probably never meet.

Dude... if anything you just further proved my point. AJ plus anything BUT 2 first rd picks wouldnt have moved the dial for the Raiders and Mack. Thats what was being discussed. Not 'what value do the Raiders put on AJ'?. Dont go back tracking now that you realize you called someone out and now look like a fool for doing so bc you didnt know what you were talking about.... you should have quite while you were already behind. The further back you go, the worse it looks...

That said, when you catch up and get on the same page - feel free to let me know and we can chat about what was actually being discussed.

Edited by gobills1212

6 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Dude... if anything you just further proved my point. AJ plus anything BUT 2 first rd picks wouldnt have moved the dial for the Raiders and Mack. Thats what was being discussed. Not 'what value do the Raiders put on AJ'?. Dont go back tracking now that you realize you called someone out and now look like a fool for doing so bc you didnt know what you were talking about.... you should have quite while you were already behind. The further back you go, the worse it looks...

That said, when you catch up and get on the same page - feel free to let me know and we can chat about what was actually being discussed.

Not back-tracking.

It's not about me "being behind", I just provided commentary as any crowd laughs when something funny happens.

I read your post and it was hilarious. You can parse it out to try and defend it, it doesn't change the comic gold that you provided with that post!

3 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

Not back-tracking.

It's not about me "being behind", I just provided commentary as any crowd laughs when something funny happens.

I read your post and it was hilarious. You can parse it out to try and defend it, it doesn't change the comic gold that you provided with that post!

Again, if/when you decide you want to discuss what was ACTUALLY being discussed - let me know. You can keep deferring and not actually adknowledge you called someone out without actually understanding/comprehending what was being talked about OR just man up and say 'gee, i didnt realize you meant AJs value wasnt that of anything more than a toss in to the Raiders- as was being discussed.... rather than if he had any value at all'

Were you the cat who called and didnt know the name of the Packers qb?? 

Having some sort of weird vendetta is the only reason I can think of that you would continue to make yourself look silly rather than just saying you didnt understand the conversation or point that was being made...

Heres the deal. You find where I said AJ wasnt worth a 5th OR where I said the Raiders would never want AJ. You do that, we can continue or if you want ill delete my account.

If not, no further responses needed.

Edited by gobills1212

On 8/31/2018 at 12:28 PM, jrober38 said:

If they can't trade McCarron, I think he'll be cut. There's no reason to hold 3 QBs on the roster when the #3 guy is a vet making $5 mil/year. 

If the Bills ever get down to their 3rd string QB, just sign a guy off the street and aim for the #1 overall pick in the 2019 draft. 

AJ was making $0.9k guaranteed this past year.  The rest was signing bonus, paid whether he plays for us or not.

I think the OL is reason to keep about 5 QB who know the playbook on the roster, but that could just be me.

• Like (+1) 1