Cover 1: Aaron Quinn's "Closing Arguments" Case for Starting Allen

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

The other point remains. The ball came out perfectly on time, and Peterman split the defense with a dart in between 2 defenders, after he perfectly froze the safeties by giving Benjamin a look even though he was never going to give him the ball.

The fade to Benjamin was another perfect read. 8 in the box with a single high safety and your WR facing bump and run. Throw it up against the smaller corner and let him make a play.

The throw to Kerley showed amazing anticipation. He throws a perfect pass on 3rd and 18 to a spot where only his guy can catch it, long before his receiver is even out of his break.

3 good reads, and 3 excellent throws. He showed arm strength on the 1st one, the ability to read the defense and throw with touch on the 2nd, and he threw with great anticipation and ball placement on the 3rd one.

Kerley was the only one where his back foot hit and the ball immediately came out. going by the the timer on the video, the other two throws were 3+seconds (wish they had the actual timer like they did for allens) an opportunity that Allen wasnt afforded on most of his sacks

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

Kerley was the only one where his back foot hit and the ball immediately came out. going by the the timer on the video, the other two throws were 3+seconds (wish they had the actual timer like they did for allens) an opportunity that Allen wasnt afforded on most of his sacks

That was my original point to him that he doesn't want to acknowledge. The pass pro was dramatically improved once the Bengals' 2nd/3rd team defense was in. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The other point remains. The ball came out perfectly on time, and Peterman split the defense with a dart in between 2 defenders, after he perfectly froze the safeties by giving Benjamin a look even though he was never going to give him the ball.

The fade to Benjamin was another perfect read. 8 in the box with a single high safety and your WR facing bump and run. Throw it up against the smaller corner and let him make a play.

The throw to Kerley showed amazing anticipation. He throws a perfect pass on 3rd and 18 to a spot where only his guy can catch it, long before his receiver is even out of his break.

3 good reads, and 3 excellent throws. He showed arm strength on the 1st one, the ability to read the defense and throw with touch on the 2nd, and he threw with great anticipation and ball placement on the 3rd one.

Seems like you're probably contradicting yourself.

I think most scouts would tell you that QBs generally don't learn to throw with anticipation at the NFL level. It's one of those things you either have or don't have.

Tyrod never learned to do it. Most guys are like him. 

Life is a contradiction. 

15 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

6 of 12 (50%) for 34 yards (2.8 YPA), 5 sacks for 39 yards lost, and no points on the board.

Yeah, Josh did "okay."

*sarcasm* 

Let's look at Peterman's total stats, then...for comparison's sake:

101/172 (58.7%) for 1150 yards (6.6 YPA), 6 TDs/7 INTs

Yeah, Peterman's 'clearly' the better option.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

That was my original point to him that he doesn't want to acknowledge. The pass pro was dramatically improved once the Bengals' 2nd/3rd team defense was in. 

Some folks don't understand how wide the talent gap is from starters to 2nd/3rd stringers. Night and day, especially in the preseason. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

I'd not seen this view before.

He's on his 3rd read in the time Allen is usually still looking at his first. 

As I was telling you, it was visible that he had time to work through his options in the progressions before making the throw to Reilly.  Nice job by him, but again with zero pressure. 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Let's look at Peterman's total stats, then...for comparison's sake:

101/172 (58.7%) for 1150 yards (6.6 YPA), 6 TDs/7 INTs

Yeah, Peterman's 'clearly' the better option.

If you're trying to suggest QBs can't get better with time and experience, then we're in big trouble with all the QBs on the roster. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

If you're trying to suggest QBs can't get better with time and experience, then we're in big trouble with all the QBs on the roster. 

I'm trying to suggest there's very little basis for suggesting Peterman is the superior quarterback. Evidence points the opposite direction.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

As I was telling you, it was visible that he had time to work through his options in the progressions before making the throw to Reilly.  Nice job by him, but again with zero pressure. 

Having seen the new angle, I'll concede that he had more time to throw than initially thought. 

I still think he moves through his progressions much faster than Allen. Peterman reads the defense, and anticipates what's going to happen and usually he targets the right guy. The issues are usually related to the velocity he generates on the ball, particularly when he throws outside the hash marks. 

Rewatching that throw, as soon as he reads that the one safety is on Benjamin, he knows that means Reilly will be open and he instantly just pulls the trigger. He seems to process what's going on on the field really quickly. 

This is so, so ,so simple, if anyone thinks that Josh Allen is going to magically stop being a rookie by sitting on the bench, they're crazy, plan and simple there isn't one example short of Aaron Rodgers sitting behind Brett Favre for 3 full years that sitting advances a prospect. We as Bills fans have to stop this impatience and just let a rookie play through his growing pains and stop hopping on WGR are call for their heads the second they have a bad game.

LOL Peterman is going to be the starter. Luke Falk, Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold, Mike White? Stop bringing them up. Josh Allen is NOT competing against those guys. He's competing against Peterman. And Allen got crushed. BIG TIME. Allen let a little dude dominate him? HAHA. Wow. That's sad.

On 8/28/2018 at 2:38 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because he has completely outplayed him this preseason!  What has AJ done to prove he should start?  Win titles on loaded Alabama teams?

and the record, they are basically the same, backup type player to me.  But as limited as he is, Peterman earned the job.  If you want to show preseason isn’t a total joke, he is your starter.

Pre-season is meaningless.

• 2 weeks later...