Calling Shananigans On the JA hate

43 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I'm not going to hate on Josh Allen. I'm not going to make excuses for him either. People over hyped themselves and this game was a reality check. Giving a bunch of excuses isn't the answer.

One QB has started in preseason and looked good. Just one. 

There is a very big 'he can do no wrong' crowd on here. 

2 hours ago, GoodHands15 said:

Ok enough is enough. No one is giving JA any credit for getting the $?!@ kicked out of him and getting back up—AND signaling Daboll to put him under center as opposed to the gun.

I needed to see Josh Allen get pummeled and not turn the ball over. He DID that. YOU SAW NERVES. I definitely believe there was a little of that. He never set for that ball to Clay, which was a rookie move, he just slung it... and over compensated on the next shot. 

Outside of of those two plays. He had drops, a bad no challenge, and an absolute joke of an oline. But the one thing I 100% saw was that the pressure did not make his scared to stand in the pocket which is huge. No throwing off the back foot, no bailing out immediately. You could almost see him forcing himself to stand in there...almost like he was making a point to trust it.

I don’t think at any point did he look like garbage. He did all that he could while being asked to wait on intermediate routes.

Show the kid a little love for having a pair!

Thats what I saw too. O line is horrid. 

21 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

My short version is this: JA was pretty bad today and looked like a rookie who will need time but with that Line he has no chance to catch up to the speed of the NFL. Give him a chance when the line has improved. Also I truly think that NP will give us more wins THIS year.

Nope- peterman would’ve thrown 3 picks. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Nope- peterman would’ve thrown 3 picks. 

And probably two fumbles tbh. Thank God for Elite NFL hand size of JA.

Your post also made me think. Who do we want at QB in the red zone. Inside the 20.

Let’s Pretend the bills get an interception, and after two quick “gimme” throws each WB can make by design, we find ourself inside the opposing 20. This is where the buffal bills have been lacking for most the history I can remember. In this crucial part on the field, you cannot settle for FG’s. 

Call me crazy but at least in my head, you take JA over others 10/10 times. Tight window high octane throws are needed here.

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

There is a very big 'he can do no wrong' crowd on here. 

I wanted Josh Allen to pass the test with flying colors. I'm dissapointed that didn't happen today. There will be over reaction because he had a bad game just like the over reaction to the potential he showed earning a preseason start. I still think the potential exist and will flourish in time. 

To me this game was a measure of Josh Allen's ability to start the first game this season. Im not looking at this game to define his entire career.

Peterman threw 5 picks in his first start and I could still see potential and believe in a possibility of progress. People jumping on sides should learn to sit on the fence sometimes. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

He was -5 yards passing. It's not blame, it's not hate, it's not saying he's a bust, it's saying he probably needs a little more time. With an offensive line is horrible as this you got to get rid of the ball faster. Is what it is. Deal with it.

Five of the sacks were within 2 seconds. Hard to get rid of a pass quicker than that, hell you cant even throw it away during that time. Two of the sacks were his fault of holding the ball too long. He did not get picked off in the blitzkrieg and he showed pretty good composure for his very first NFL action against number ones.  With all that said I am looking forward to seeing him in the future and will be watching the next half of season hoping he learns how to lead a this team while watching Peterman and Mcarron take the beatings of their life behind this atrocity called an O-Line.

1 hour ago, bills11 said:

Anyone who blames Allen for todays debacle doesnt know football..The offensive line was atrocious...the wrs had trouble separating. Could he have gotten rid of the ball a hair sooner sure..but just contrast the time he had to dalton or barkley..on the td pass to aj green dalton has over 3 seconds to throw..on the one play in the first half allen barely finishes his drop before ducasses is pushed right back into his lap.

Horrible offensive line play, they got McCarron hurt last week and almost got Allen hurt this week. Don't worry about which quarterback starts, worry about the offensive line. Those guys would get manhandled by a Pop Warner team. The coach should have went up in the crowd and found some fat guys and put them in uniform.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I don't think Josh Allen deserves any credit for anything today. He also doesn't deserve criticism.

Not much to go off of considering how bad the line was. He got his ass kicked. We are supposed to give him credit for getting tossed around by the Bengals defensive line and getting back up and standing in the pocket to take a hit? That's part of playing the position.

I saw JP Losman do the same thing. Who cares?

We could’ve seen an INT, FUM filled meltdown. This we just made it out thankful he was alive. But in a game where nothing can be credited/criticized...nothing has been done to say NP should start if he’s still the 2nd best option at the position.

5 minutes ago, GoodHands15 said:

We could’ve seen an INT, FUM filled meltdown. This we just made it out thankful he was alive. But in a game where nothing can be credited/criticized...nothing has been done to say NP should start if he’s still the 2nd best option at the position.

I could of seen Allen go out and throw 9/10 and a TD, you know like Nate Peterman did in his first game. Also did it with the 3's that everyone cried got Josh Killed. Pass the Dutch man that's fire.

Edited by Lfod

8 minutes ago, Stenbar said:

Five of the sacks were within 2 seconds. Hard to get rid of a pass quicker than that, hell you cant even throw it away during that time. Two of the sacks were his fault of holding the ball too long. He did not get picked off in the blitzkrieg and he showed pretty good composure for his very first NFL action against number ones.  With all that said I am looking forward to seeing him in the future and will be watching the next half of season hoping he learns how to lead a this team while watching Peterman and Mcarron take the beatings of their life behind this atrocity called an O-Line.

Hey I'm sorry Josh didn't play well. No reason to look forward to the other two quarterbacks take beatings.

11 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I could of seen Allen go out and throw 9/10 and a TD, you know like Nate Peterman did in his first game. Also did it with the 3's that everyone cried got Josh Killed. Pass the Dutch man that's fire.

Daboll has an offense he runs with NP—no matter what string—it’s the same offense he’s run with the twos the last two weeks—same one he ran week 1 with the 1s.

Nowhere near the intermediate and deep concepts he tried to hit with Mccaron week 2 and Josh this week. (Also did it week 1 with JA).

Its a valid arguement based off last week, Josh Allen can be extremely quick, decisive, and effective running the same quick concepts Daboll is FORCED to deploy with Nate.

Edited by GoodHands15

22 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I don't think Josh Allen deserves any credit for anything today. He also doesn't deserve criticism.

Not much to go off of considering how bad the line was. He got his ass kicked. We are supposed to give him credit for getting tossed around by the Bengals defensive line and getting back up and standing in the pocket to take a hit? That's part of playing the position.

I saw JP Losman do the same thing. Who cares?

Spot on. I have no idea what the OP is saying he says this is exactly what he needed to see from Allen. 

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The thing I saw in these preseason games was that Nate was the only one to score with the 1s 2s and 3s and look relatively competent with each group.  

I agree with this 100%. I’m not saying that Nate has not made great strides. But competent gets field goals. I want red zone touchdowns gosh darn it!!

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Spot on. I have no idea what the OP is saying he says this is exactly what he needed to see from Allen. 

I wanted to see him get &@$@ed up and not turn the ball over or find himself immediately evacuating the pocket and not trusting his line.

Edited by GoodHands15

16 minutes ago, GoodHands15 said:

I wanted to see him get &@$@ed up and not turn the ball over or find himself immediately evacuating the pocket and not trusting his line.

I'm so lost on this. I don't have any clue where to find the logic in this. You wanted to see him get !@#$ed up? I'm just gonna agree to disagree with you. I don't see value in a top 10 selected QB getting sacked on 5 of 17 drop backs. No thanks.