Calling Shananigans On the JA hate

Ok enough is enough. No one is giving JA any credit for getting the $?!@ kicked out of him and getting back up—AND signaling Daboll to put him under center as opposed to the gun.

I needed to see Josh Allen get pummeled and not turn the ball over. He DID that. YOU SAW NERVES. I definitely believe there was a little of that. He never set for that ball to Clay, which was a rookie move, he just slung it... and over compensated on the next shot. 

Outside of of those two plays. He had drops, a bad no challenge, and an absolute joke of an oline. But the one thing I 100% saw was that the pressure did not make his scared to stand in the pocket which is huge. No throwing off the back foot, no bailing out immediately. You could almost see him forcing himself to stand in there...almost like he was making a point to trust it.

I don’t think at any point did he look like garbage. He did all that he could while being asked to wait on intermediate routes.

Show the kid a little love for having a pair!

Edited by GoodHands15
  • Like (+1) 18
  • Thank you (+1) 23

1 minute ago, GoodHands15 said:

Ok enough is enough. No one is giving JA any credit for getting the $?!@ kicked out of him and getting back up—AND signaling Daboll to put him under center as opposed to the gun.

I needed to see Josh Allen get pummeled and not turn the ball over. He DID that. YOU SAW NERVES. I definitely believe there was a little of that. He never set for that ball to Clay, which was a rookie move, he just slung it... and over compensated on the next shot. 

Outside of of those two plays. He had drops, a bad no challenge, and an absolute joke of an oline. But the one thing I 100% saw was that the pressure did not make his scared to stand in the pocket which is huge. No throwing off the back foot, no bailing out immediately. You could almost see him forcing himself to stand in there...almost like he was making a point to trust it.

I don’t think at any point did he look like garbage. He did all that he could while being asked to wait on intermediate routes.

Dhow the kid a little live for having a pair!

Boom..solid post. He's in a  fine candy store but he's only got a bit of pocket change in his pants pocket to work with.These wideout we have are as bad as our guards. Where is the Coleman guy???? 

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Jay_Fixit said:

People are blaming Allen?

These people need new eyes.

Blame may not be the right word. I guess I mean saying he shouldn’t start because he isn’t ready. 

I can live with the people saying “he will die”. Not that he isn’t the best an on the roster. Just was not running the NP short game Daboll was calling in the 2nd half.

• Like (+1) 2

I don't know if it's Allen's fault yet. The all 22 will show if the receivers were getting shut down. My biggest question the whole first half was where is the check down option? If he wasn't looking to his check down with pressure about to be in his face it's on him. But either way there was far too much adversity in this game for a rookie QB to be productive. Horrible blocking, dropped passes, dumb penalties, a 1st down run given a bad spot. I don't think Allen played poorly, it's just hard to evaluate it at all right now.

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

My take exactly. This kid has the poise to stay in the pocket & take a beating like a man. Sadly he could set the rookie record for sacks behind this joke line. Derek Carr’s 80+ sacks record look out!

Only scary part

I worry about concussions after today. Did not at any other point.

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't know if it's Allen's fault yet. The all 22 will show if the receivers were getting shut down. My biggest question the whole first half was where is the check down option? If he wasn't looking to his check down with pressure about to be in his face it's on him. But either way there was far too much adversity in this game for a rookie QB to be productive. Horrible blocking, dropped passes, dumb penalties, a 1st down run given a bad spot. I don't think Allen played poorly, it's just hard to evaluate it at all right now.

I feel like his check down were futiley helping in pass pro, lulz.

Edited by GoodHands15

5 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Anyone blaming allen for today is an idiot.  

He was -5 yards passing. It's not blame, it's not hate, it's not saying he's a bust, it's saying he probably needs a little more time. With an offensive line is horrible as this you got to get rid of the ball faster. Is what it is. Deal with it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

No doubt his o line was puke, but HE DID hesitate and hold the ball too long as bad as Tyrod in a playoff game. He's young and new to this league. I'm sure he was fairly nervous. I think he will start at some point this season. But looking at things through un biased eyes, Peterman is just the better qb right now. 

• Like (+1) 1