In Boston...wearing Bills gear...getting heckled...BUT...

Big Turk

6 minutes ago, Nervous Guy said:

I knew this dude who was a huge Pats fan....wearing jerseys, talking **** about the Bills all the time....normally I'd just ignore him, but he did it this one time in front of a few friends and I just turned and asked him...can you name one...just one, of your offensive linemen....uh....ah....he couldn't do it.  I rattled off 4 of them.  He didn't talk too much **** in front of me again.  I was satisfied.

Just my experience, but there are just d-bags everywhere.  Buffalo Bills fans are not excluded from this phenomenon.  I’ve been to away games in Miami, Charlotte, New England, San Diego, and Seattle.  

While there are differences between places, I have found that 98% of opposing fans are generally kind and respectful.  There’s the occasional good natured ribbing, but that’s part of the game day experience for a visiting fan.  

Then of course you have the 1-2% who are idiots.  You’ll have that anywhere.  I will say, however, that the ones with the loudest mouths are typically the ones who are the least knowledgable about their team.  I can’t prove it...I just know it to be a fact ?

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Nervous Guy said:

I knew this dude who was a huge Pats fan....wearing jerseys, talking **** about the Bills all the time....normally I'd just ignore him, but he did it this one time in front of a few friends and I just turned and asked him...can you name one...just one, of your offensive linemen....uh....ah....he couldn't do it.  I rattled off 4 of them.  He didn't talk too much **** in front of me again.  I was satisfied.

Did you start with the LT who just left, and the one who’s already on IR? Who’s protecting Tommy?   I think you are too decent of a guy to have done that. (But I wouldn’t blame you!) 

• Haha (+1) 1

I couldn't do it for the Pats, but I think that's a function of my age. I'm only in my twenties, so I don't remember much before Brady.

But I could name a ton of players from the Bills. I love going back and watching highlights from the Superbowl years and from the 60's teams.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, cba fan said:

Most fans have no interest in who the assistant coaches are and do not follow them. Not everyone is hardcore like you and we are on boards like this.

Casual fans should be able to name the offensive coordinator. Esp when his name is in almost every article about the rookie qb.  Also have you been to a bills game? Every fan there claims to be hardcore. 

22 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Bledsoe, McGinnest, Robert Edwards, Curtis Martin, Milloy, Ty Law, Ben Coates. Off the top of my head. 

Not sure about Troy Brown? Kevin Faulk?

Off the top of my head I can tell you Bledsoe, Ty Law were with Brady after he took over and when he won a Super Bowl and as a Bills fan you sholud recall Milloy cam over to the Bills the year after the Pats won the first Super Bowl.  Troy Brown and Faulk both won multiple SBs with Brady,  I dont even know  Robert Edwards.

13 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Off the top of my head I can tell you Bledsoe, Ty Law were with Brady after he took over and when he won a Super Bowl and as a Bills fan you sholud recall Milloy cam over to the Bills the year after the Pats won the first Super Bowl.  Troy Brown and Faulk both won multiple SBs with Brady,  I dont even know  Robert Edwards.

All true. But they were also all in New England before the Brady era begun which I believe satisfies the original question. I can't think of any Patriots earlier than the Bledsoe/Martin/Parcells super bowl team. Keep in mind I didn't even start following football and the Bills till 1990.

Surprised nobody mentioned Andre Tippett, Ronnie Lippett, John Stephens,  Maurice Hurst, Hart Lee Dykes, and Irving Fryar...and of course who could forget Hugh Millen??

Lippett and Hurst really terrorized Kelly throughout his career, picking off quite a few passes if memory serves correctly...most ganes were a struggle against the Pats even when they sucked. We came out on top most of the time but there were a lot of 9-6 and 17-13 type games in there

Edited by matter2003

On 8/25/2018 at 10:36 AM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Bledsoe, McGinnest, Robert Edwards, Curtis Martin, Milloy, Ty Law, Ben Coates. Off the top of my head. 

Not sure about Troy Brown? Kevin Faulk?

Steve Grogan, Mosi Tatupu, Craig James, Stanley Morgan, Irving Fryar, Andre Tippett, John Hannah, Vagas Ferguson, Ronnie Lippett, Tony Eason, Tony Collins, Bruce Armstrong, Jim Plunkett, Daryl Stingley, Scott Zolak, Doug Flutie, John Stephens, Hart Lee Dykes, Russ Francis, Garin Veris, Ray Crittenden, Julius Adams...that's all I have off the top of my head that you didn't list.

5 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Steve Grogan, Mosi Tatupu, Craig James, Stanley Morgan, Irving Fryar, Andre Tippett, John Hannah, Vagas Ferguson, Ronnie Lippett, Tony Eason, Tony Collins, Bruce Armstrong, Jim Plunkett, Daryl Stingley, Scott Zolak, Doug Flutie, John Stephens, Hart Lee Dykes, Russ Francis, Garin Veris, Ray Crittenden, Julius Adams...that's all I have off the top of my head that you didn't list.

Wow!  Impressive for a Pats fan!

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/25/2018 at 12:13 PM, 17years&waiting said:

I was in Boston last summer for a weekend to visit my sister.  I wore a Bills shirt around the city and got about 15 "Go Bills" from people I walked by that day.  The only heckling I got was from the owner of an Italian restaurant, and even that was good natured and not mean spirited.  

It left me thinking that there are a lot of closet Bills fans in Boston.  

We'll be at full capacity at the Harp for opening day, 300-plus.