Need another QB with AJ hurt, but Who?

Davejr511

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

If I need a guy to throw picks to us I'm goin with Geno Smith. Maybe our DEs can punch him in the face too. Versatility is key. 

What the hell number was Geno again in NY?  Not that he was memorable there, but when Allen snaps his leg and we start Geno first because Peterman stinks I'm having trouble getting the picture of him in Bills red, white and blue without a number.

9 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

What the hell number was Geno again in NY?  Not that he was memorable there, but when Allen snaps his leg and we start Geno first because Peterman stinks I'm having trouble getting the picture of him in Bills red, white and blue without a number.

Pretty sure he wore 7 and he's wearing 3 these days. 

12 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Man, Eps, I know he is with somebody, but I don't know who...Chargers?

This line scares me a bit right now.  

Yep Chargers.

im with you on the line. I think that is why I lean Peterman...just so he can get destroyed behind this line. Hopefully Allen, Teller, and any living, breathing body better than Mills can enter the lineup half way through the season and we can all move on. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yep Chargers.

im with you on the line. I think that is why I lean Peterman...just so he can get destroyed behind this line. Hopefully Allen, Teller, and any living, breathing body better than Mills can enter the lineup half way through the season and we can all move on. 

Ya know what, Epps, damn nature for doing this to Eric Wood, after which diagnosis and loss of his friend I also believe made Incognito go crazy a little sooner than we would have hoped.

i feel great about this team now, but I would be somewhere between tickled pink and hunky-doory if they were both still here.

This thread made me remember and look up some former backups here in the past such as Vince Young, Matt Simms, and Tarvaris Jackson.  It seems Tarvaris has some domestic issues at home recently.  What his wife apparently told him in this article was something else,

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2018/06/26/police-tarvaris-jackson-threatened-shoot-wife-she-then-questioned-his-accuracy/

I mean just wow and lol in a situation like that

Edited by Another Fan

Guaranteed if someone is brought in it will be a scrub QB for preseason game 4

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yep Chargers.

This line of thinking is just short sighted and dumb, Peterman is less mobile, an less durable than Josh Allen, if the line is so bad how many games until Allen is gonna be forced into action?

4 minutes ago, judman said:

If Kap were brought in the press (led bt Stephen A. Smith) would accept nothing less than him being the full time, starting QB for the season.

Yup; complete with the whole ‘it’s raysis’ crap if they decided to start Allen at some point.

The usual suspects here would jump all over that train.

9 hours ago, greeneblitz said:

Guaranteed if someone is brought in it will be a scrub QB for preseason game 4

This line of thinking is just short sighted and dumb, Peterman is less mobile, an less durable than Josh Allen, if the line is so bad how many games until Allen is gonna be forced into action?

While I appreciate your viewpoint, especially the part about me being dumb btw....my thinking is actually the complete opposite of being shortsighted. I think Peterman should be thrown to the wolves as the line gels, or the staff realizes that Teller or anybody else is ready to replace Ducasse. I think throwing Allen out there is actually shortsighted. He is the most important person in this franchise right now and they need to take care of him. Letting Peterman start the first few really tough games, is playing the long game. Not in fact shortsighted as you say. If Allen gets pressed into action early, then so be it. 

A few more options...

Class of 2017 Quarterbacks who are free agents.

Jerod Evans out of Virginia Tech

6-3, 230, 4.8 40

Trevor Knight - Texas A&M

Not much of a thrower but a great athlete. Maybe after preseason is complete we can convince him to switch positions and put him on the practice squad as a developmental wide receiver or safety project.

6-1, 220, 4.48 40

Alec Torgersen - Penn

6-2, 220, 4.91 40

Mitch Leidner - Minnesota

6-3, 225, 4.93 40

And there's also Class of 2016 QB Brandon Doughty, Western Kentucky. He was drafted in the 7th round by the Dolphins and spent the last two years on their practice squad. Dolphins released him in April, he was claimed by the Cardinals but released a month later.

12 hours ago, mannc said:

Wish we still had Cardale

...think Genome may have bumped him on the depth chart.....very significant career leap to a much brighter NFL future for Smith IMO............

21 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

I'm loving the Riley Ferguson idea....why not?

...so Mead107 is your cousin??....Fergy is a 'Fin............

14 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

A few more options...

Class of 2017 Quarterbacks who are free agents.

Jerod Evans out of Virginia Tech

6-3, 230, 4.8 40

Trevor Knight - Texas A&M

Not much of a thrower but a great athlete. Maybe after preseason is complete we can convince him to switch positions and put him on the practice squad as a developmental wide receiver or safety project.

6-1, 220, 4.48 40

You had me with Riley Ferguson.