Admiral William H. McRaven

32 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

He's not my enemy and I was simply giving him a ladder to climb down off his high horse.

Then Gleeful Gator tried to defend his remarks but eventually pulled a Chuck Schumer and tried to reframe them as a joke. The_Dude, like many others are Johnny Come Latelys {sic} who would do better easing into situations that they have no knowledge of.  

The definition of a Johnny-come-lately is a newcomer, or is someone who is late to accepting a position or late to arriving at an event. A newcomer to an idea who is late in accepting what everyone else already believes to be true is an example of a Johnny-come-lately.

www.yourdictionary.com/johnny-come-lately

we can still assist him and let him know the backstory on some of this it allow him to do his own research, and when he shows that he is not willing to do so that is when we can cast that judgment or aspersion

But I will give him the benefit of the doubt because he knows a rich guy.

10 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I can tell you all, that if we're to judge people by their grammar, enlisted Marines, and Soldiers, are IDIOTS. 90% anyways.

My goodness. A friend of mine posted a note I left on his bunk mocking him during my time in Iraq. I was implying he was gay. He took a red pen to it. It was bad. I did not know my 'there's,' or or 'too's'. It was bad. I dropped out of high school in the 10th grade. My grammar sucked. Did it make me stupid? No. It made me uneducated. I know many, smart, and uneducated people. They're a thing.

I foughtr for the Vietcong in WW2 at the Battle of Pearl Harbor in a German fighter plane and I can assure you US Marines are idiots

10 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Ah bluto. Good man for an Irish folk. Stay drunk all the times but that guy could really wax poetic

Btw. Poetic is the name of my shaft

he was a good US Senator as well

I think retired generals should conduct themselves like former POTUS try to do:  You can speak your opinions in private, but never to the press, in a speech, etc.  

I just think it makes them look small when they do it.  I hate the cottage industry of retired generals and former special forces/special operations parading around on television opining about everything. I know it's some easy money but It was cooler back in the day where you'd drag one one of these guys out of retirement to discuss tank strategy or the like.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I think retired generals should conduct themselves like former POTUS try to do:  You can speak your opinions in private, but never to the press, in a speech, etc.  

I just think it makes them look small when they do it.  I hate the cottage industry of retired generals and former special forces/special operations parading around on television opining about everything. I know it's some easy money but It was cooler back in the day where you'd drag one one of these guys out of retirement to discuss tank strategy or the like.  

at least put a subtitle on the screen showing what admin they worked for, so the facade of them being objective is diminished

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

at least put a subtitle on the screen showing what admin they worked for, so the facade of them being objective is diminished

Lay off the bacon! How long does it take to become a senior officer? One would think (know) that they worked for several different administrations. There are no (present day) 19 year old generals.

18 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Lay off the bacon! How long does it take to become a senior officer? One would think (know) that they worked for several different administrations. There are no (present day) 19 year old generals.

this dude was clearly an Obama admin thing

he's adopted the feel-sorry-for-me posture of the enlightened left

and must feel really dirty for working for HIllary to defeat Trump

everyone is a superstar now for 3 hours on CNN, just wind them up and let them talk trash

36 minutes ago, dpberr said:

What you think is why we have a first amendment. Everyone like you thinks someone else should not speak out. 

i sorta feel sorry for them

they sold every iota of decency and their soul to rig the election for Hillary

and now the noble prosecutor wants to lift rocks pretending to look for evidence on Trump

shouldn't happen to a dog

Edited by row_33

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is not my experience in any way shape or form. 

Really? Huh. Well, what kind of enlisted men were you around? Most Joe's I knew were awful grammatically. I was. Then again, when I joined I had a 10th grade education, and I was 18.....but, that story wasn't all uncommon.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Mine neither.  

This is not the first time I've wondered which country's armed forces The_Dude actually served in.

Je suis, Rakkasan, mate!

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

main-qimg-f600a58007be1578aa55da2a02dfe9ca.thumb.png.4b72b38cce27988da0ca48b6f24ca127.png

.....completely fair. 

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

I foughtr for the Vietcong in WW2 at the Battle of Pearl Harbor in a German fighter plane and I can assure you US Marines are idiots

No. But grammar is something not of the upmost importance to grunts. Blankets, bullets, and beans. That's whats important. Oops, I forgot the apostrophe in "whats" just back there. Damn, that negates EVERYTHING I've said.

5 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Really? Huh. Well, what kind of enlisted men were you around? Most Joe's I knew were awful grammatically. I was. Then again, when I joined I had a 10th grade education, and I was 18.....but, that story wasn't all uncommon.

Je suis, Rakkasan, mate!

.....completely fair. 

No. But grammar is something not of the upmost importance to grunts. Blankets, bullets, and beans. That's whats important. Oops, I forgot the apostrophe in "whats" just back there. Damn, that negates EVERYTHING I've said.

I'm confused.   Did you just admit you're a piece of watermelon?

5 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Je suis, Rakkasan, mate!

.....completely fair. 

It would appear that you don't have very much ability to discern a point that is not even nuanced.

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

It would appear that you don't have very much ability to discern a point that is not even nuanced.

Ya know, I wasn't even thinking of you when I wrote that post. In fact, 99.9% of the time, I'm not thinking of you. I'm quite sure I'm like most people in that way.

9 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I'm confused.   Did you just admit you're a piece of watermelon?

I firmly believe the bolded text, especially after reading the non-bolded. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Ya know, I wasn't even thinking of you when I wrote that post. In fact, 99.9% of the time, I'm not thinking of you. I'm quite sure I'm like most people in that way.

My first reaction was to feel devastated with hurt feelings, but then I realized that you were probably stoned when you posted that. Maybe that's true whenever you post and a likely excuse for you to be unable to grasp a well articulated point. I'll try to remember that you're most likely impaired in the future.

19 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I firmly believe the bolded text, especially after reading the non-bolded. 

Ever put salt on your watermelon?  It's a thing.

Just now, Boyst62 said:

Tracy Byrd is terrible

Well that's not an argument worth havin'. 

I ain't losin' no sleep on Tracy Byrd.

Now, if you insulted Alan Jackson, George Strait, or somebody good -- them's then fighting words. Especially  AJ, in Georgia. We love that man. He was able to say coochie on the radio in the early 90's. A real pioneer. 

15 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Well that's not an argument worth havin'. 

I ain't losin' no sleep on Tracy Byrd.

Now, if you insulted Alan Jackson, George Strait, or somebody good -- them's then fighting words. Especially  AJ, in Georgia. We love that man. He was able to say coochie on the radio in the early 90's. A real pioneer. 

Alan Jackson in the same sentence as George strait.  I'm sorry but you lost credibility there.  Your argument may be closer to the truth. You're Georgia. Which is Florida Georgia line...  Which is music you like

10 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Alan Jackson in the same sentence as George strait.  I'm sorry but you lost credibility there.  Your argument may be closer to the truth. You're Georgia. Which is Florida Georgia line...  Which is music you like

Sir, I heavily dispute Florida-Georgia line. I detest them. 

Alan Jackson is a great musician. But he’s not George Strait. But AJ is Georgia’s best musical artist. And it’s hard for me to say that because I do so love me some OutKast. I be so fresh and so clean, clean. 

34 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

LaToya Jackson is better than R.E.M.  

R.E.M. sucks.  Not Tom-Petty-level sucks, of course, but they still suck.

Michael Stipe wearing a kilt R.E.M. (aka Shiny Happy People period) absolutely chew.

Michael Stipe too uncomfortable w/ his vocals that the background tracks are louder than his vocal track R.E.M. (aka South Central Rain period) not even close.