Admiral William H. McRaven

15 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

One of my best customers is a dude who probably owns about 80 properties in and around Atlanta. He used to be a VP for a large bank. He quit that funny business to enjoy life, and his real estate pays his way for a comfortable living. This guy often sends me emails with grammatical errors. He doesn't care and neither do I because our correspondence is just to say 'hey, I want you to know this' and he's so successful, and worth I don't even know how much. He sends emails with errors because he's a busy guy and doesn't proof read what he writes when its just an informal email. This is a message board. In life, it counts for nothing. Grammar, schmammar. 

You've gigged me on my writing and I just laugh. It proves nothing. I mean, what kind of logic suggests 'you're point on the matter is invalid because you forgot a comma'? But I see internet people do that all the time. Ridiculous. It does not stand up to any reasoning. 

So both you and him are okay looking like idiots.  Good for you.  You're still idiots.

Just now, DC Tom said:

So both you and him are okay looking like idiots.  Good for you.  You're still idiots.

He does not look like an idiot inside of his huge house, inside of his gated community. 

There are presentations, and academics, and so forth. These need to be crisp and clean. 

tom i can call u n idiot just like dis and u get my point dude.

......though I cannot abide those who type in "text" the ebonics of the written word. Gross. 

8 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Point.jpg

Oh, well, that's !@#$ing conclusive. 

Almost like being called "Hitler." 

How do I cope?

3 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

He does not look like an idiot inside of his huge house, inside of his gated community. 

There are presentations, and academics, and so forth. These need to be crisp and clean. 

......though I cannot abide those who type in "text" the ebonics of the written word. Gross. 

How do I cope?

Do you have any clue as to how badly you missed my point?

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

When? Never. I despise plagiarism almost as much as I do draft dodging. 

Well done, Trumper.... Lie loud, lie big, lie often. Well done. Little Boots would be proud. 

Im quite familiar with the Grachi. Hell, I would have been on their side at that point and I'm a republican. 

Thanks

but there have been times where we take his entire post and Google it and find it's been posted elsewhere. Sometimes more than 5 years prior to his post, and it's not just that kind of issue.

we have seen him basically write Wikipedia articles on information trying to dispute somebody else. Sometimes you been doing so, simply because he is literally using an encyclopedia.

calling me a liar is funny, especially with the approach you take. The nonchalant attitude would give no !@#$s if I lied

I give you this information and tell you of who Tiberius really is as a warning that is just wasted time with him. You write full sentences with little grammatical or spelling errors, so that at least tells me you are not that stupid.  I'm hoping you could realize the dangers in your ears and by embracing someone who only destroys this board and makes it unreadable. 

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Do you have any clue as to how badly you missed my point?

Your point was to insinuate that a "Gator" can be proven to be a plagiarizer because grammar. That's what you care about. Not what I care about. I was writing to state my belief that on internets, grammar is overrated. 

I don't get the whole kerfuffle, especially regarding McRaven.

When I was in, I had a top secret with some compartmentalization, but only on a very few things.

To get information, you needed a). the clearance. b) access. c). need to know.

I don't see how McRaven's current position should allow him to have either b or c, unless he gets read in on something related to special ops to solicit his opinion, which really shouldn't be necessary anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The_Dude said:

Your point was to insinuate that a "Gator" can be proven to be a plagiarizer because grammar. That's what you care about. Not what I care about. I was writing to state my belief that on internets, grammar is overrated. 

You still haven't figured it out.

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

we have seen him basically write Wikipedia articles on information trying to dispute somebody else. Sometimes you been doing so, simply because he is literally using an encyclopedia.

calling me a liar is funny, especially with the approach you take. The nonchalant attitude would give no !@#$s if I lied

I give you this information and tell you of who Tiberius really is as a warning that is just wasted time with him. You write full sentences with little grammatical or spelling errors, so that at least tells me you are not that stupid.  I'm hoping you could realize the dangers in your ears and by embracing someone who only destroys this board and makes it unreadable. 

Ill use Wikipedia as a source. It's a treasure trove of information.

If Tiberius has used wikipedia, I don't care. Now, it is bush league to say 'and this is my work' when it is not. But I don't know that he's done that. Maybe he has?

Just now, The_Dude said:

Well, as you like to assume... Then his point would be fair wouldn't it

If we assume that he can barely Spell correctly, has poor grammar, and acts like a goddamn retard and most of his posts that the ones that do not fit this style and hoes coherent thought, articulate speech, punctuation and spelling then it is safe to assume that it is not his work... Because you like to assume right? Smart people assume?  You assume all day? What are you missing???

You spent so much time to defend him without even looking into who he is, I suggest you look at his posting history. From him laughing at the troops being killed overseas, to him making jokes about Chris Stevens being killed, the whole disrespectful nature he has...

Just now, The_Dude said:

Ill use Wikipedia as a source. It's a treasure trove of information.

If Tiberius has used wikipedia, I don't care. Now, it is bush league to say 'and this is my work' when it is not. But I don't know that he's done that. Maybe he has?

Than don't opine on it if you don't know.

Stop assuming you idiot.  It makes you look like an !@#$.

9 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I don't get the whole kerfuffle, especially regarding McRaven.

When I was in, I had a top secret with some compartmentalization, but only on a very few things.

To get information, you needed a). the clearance. b) access. c). need to know.

I don't see how McRaven's current position should allow him to have either b or c, unless he gets read in on something related to special ops to solicit his opinion, which really shouldn't be necessary anyway.

were you allowed to blab publicly about the info you had that was confidential

or badmouth poisonously everyone ranking above you

10 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Yes he does.  He just looks like an idiot in a McMansion behind a gate.

11 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Is your point that you're an illiterate moron who has no business calling anyone else an idiot?  Because that's the point you're conveying.  

Just now, Boyst62 said:

You spent so much time to defend him without even looking into who he is, I suggest you look at his posting history. From him laughing at the troops being killed overseas, to him making jokes about Chris Stevens being killed, the whole disrespectful nature he has...

I'm all for jokes. I make 9/11 jokes. I routinely state 9/11 would be my favorite holiday if it happened to Boston because I hate the patriots. So, ya know, take some salt with it.

But if what you're saying is true, that's disturbing. 

Also, I think sexist/rape jokes are hilarious, and I'd have personally shot one of my soldiers if I ever saw them doing it. So, there are actions, and then there are jokes, right?

12 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

How do I cope?

Have you shown mr moneybags your trailer park? That's a helluva nice double wide you got!

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

Then maybe you need to work on your writing as I have little trouble tackling complex ideas? Just a suggestion.

You are hopeless. I pointed out gator's normal posting deficiencies to his paragraphs of knowledgeable perfectly written responses to a subject that few would know anything about. He's done this numerous times.

9 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You are hopeless. I pointed out gator's normal posting deficiencies to his paragraphs of knowledgeable perfectly written responses to a subject that few would know anything about. He's done this numerous times.

you have found him an argument, but you are not obliged to find him an understanding

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Is your point that you're an illiterate moron who has no business calling anyone else an idiot?  Because that's the point you're conveying.  

I was hoping to get you to concede the obvious truth that grammar does not dictate intelligence. My business partner is uneducated, and does not write as well as I. However, he's McGuyver, and so it works well. 

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

The only issue I'd have with that is if he took credit for the writing. But copying and pasting, is that criminal on a message board?

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I was hoping to get you to concede the obvious truth that grammar does not dictate intelligence. My business partner is uneducated, and does not write as well as I. However, he's McGuyver, and so it works well. 

The only issue I'd have with that is if he took credit for the writing. But copying and pasting, is that criminal on a message board?

Yes, if not credited. Just as if it was a published paper or a speech. Did you really not know that?

10 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Yes, if not credited. Just as if it was a published paper or a speech. Did you really not know that?

when the enemy is making a false move, we should be careful not to interrupt him

11 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I'm all for jokes. I make 9/11 jokes. I routinely state 9/11 would be my favorite holiday if it happened to Boston because I hate the patriots. So, ya know, take some salt with it.

But if what you're saying is true, that's disturbing. 

Also, I think sexist/rape jokes are hilarious, and I'd have personally shot one of my soldiers if I ever saw them doing it. So, there are actions, and then there are jokes, right?

They weren't jokes. It was not even spoken as a joke.  It was spoken in a manner which illustrated his partisan bias believing this event to have been a GOP witch-hunt and flat out disrespectful toward the US

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

when the enemy is making a false move, we should be careful not to interrupt him

He's not my enemy and I was simply giving him a ladder to climb down off his high horse.

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

They weren't jokes. It was not even spoken as a joke.  It was spoken in a manner which illustrated his partisan bias believing this event to have been a GOP witch-hunt and flat out disrespectful toward the US

Then Gleeful Gator tried to defend his remarks but eventually pulled a Chuck Schumer and tried to reframe them as a joke. The_Dude, like many others are Johnny Come Latelys {sic} who would do better easing into situations that they have no knowledge of.  

The definition of a Johnny-come-lately is a newcomer, or is someone who is late to accepting a position or late to arriving at an event. A newcomer to an idea who is late in accepting what everyone else already believes to be true is an example of a Johnny-come-lately.

www.yourdictionary.com/johnny-come-lately

21 minutes ago, row_33 said:

No. Nobody is ever allowed to "blab publicly about confidential stuff."

Do it as an officer on active duty and its a court-martial.

Badmouthing people is a freedom of speech issue for civilians. Could do it all I wanted after active duty.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, sherpa said:

No. Nobody is ever allowed to "blab publicly about confidential stuff."

Do it as an officer on active duty and its a court-martial.

Badmouthing people is a freedom of speech issue for civilians. Could do it all I wanted after active duty.

yup and yup

except for the top brass at the CIA and IRS and FBI, when the media loves them they can do whatever they want, amazing...

17 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

It is different from a paper or speech. You're not going to get sued on a message board for doing it. You can always claim "fair use."

I, personally would give credit. But that's just because I had that beaten into my head repeatedly while in school. 

33 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Will @3rdnlng go after the grammar of this post or just choose to be a grammar Nazi to folks who don't see the world the way he/she/it does?

14 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Well, that is not cool. I believe the honor and glory of America is worth killing over. So, there's that. 

3 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I don't let a uniform hide character.

In Brennans case, and in many others it does just that. And for this man to back a war criminal traitor I guess I question his character.

I don't blindly follow those in pretty outfits because they get some nobility granted by the dullards of our society. 

This man = McRaven

37 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

From him laughing at the troops being killed overseas, to him making jokes about Chris Stevens being killed, the whole disrespectful nature he has...

PRO-JEC-TION

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

They are not the Catholic Church, and are actually able to reform. J Edgar is no longer in charge 

I'm as concerned about the public school system and the systemic abuse we see there. And, on the FBI, hogwash.  j edgar has been gone since 1972, but j. edgars comey/strozk et al  have only been gone for 20 minutes or so.  when will the reform come?

I can tell you all, that if we're to judge people by their grammar, enlisted Marines, and Soldiers, are IDIOTS. 90% anyways.

My goodness. A friend of mine posted a note I left on his bunk mocking him during my time in Iraq. I was implying he was gay. He took a red pen to it. It was bad. I did not know my 'there's,' or or 'too's'. It was bad. I dropped out of high school in the 10th grade. My grammar sucked. Did it make me stupid? No. It made me uneducated. I know many, smart, and uneducated people. They're a thing.

Just now, The_Dude said:

My grammar sucked. Did it make me stupid? No. It made me uneducated. I know many, smart, and uneducated people. They're a thing.

Indeed. There is an entire field of study devoted to your point within teaching linguistics and literature.

4 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I can tell you all, that if we're to judge people by their grammar, enlisted Marines, and Soldiers, are IDIOTS. 90% anyways.

My goodness. A friend of mine posted a note I left on his bunk mocking him during my time in Iraq. I was implying he was gay. He took a red pen to it. It was bad. I did not know my 'there's,' or or 'too's'. It was bad. I dropped out of high school in the 10th grade. My grammar sucked. Did it make me stupid? No. It made me uneducated. I know many, smart, and uneducated people. They're a thing.

i don't agree with much (anything?) you say, but your point on uneducated v. dum-dumbedness is fair.  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd