Who helped/hurt themselves against the Panthers?

Sky Diver

12 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

In defense of Foster, he did show that he could break open for a large majority of the game.

The drop on the curl is 100% on him, as is him stopping the run on the offsides penalty. Allen pointed the finger at himself for throwing an out instead of a comeback on another play, and his first deep ball was off, too. Allen also locked into Proehl on the play that should have yielded a flag, but Foster looked to be wide open over the middle from the replay angles. 

I'm sure everything we're saying here in regards to concentration and effort will be stressed more than enough from Daboll and Robiskie. He has a huge opportunity to rebound from this all the way until the fourth game wraps up. I'd be shocked and pissed if we cut him anytime soon without the chance to redeem himself.

Who else do we have that can out run CBs by 3 or 4 yards? He blew by two veteran guys. They gave him 34 reps for a reason.

7 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

He caught one bomb and one was just out of his reach. I am not sure where the lack of effort comment is coming from.

He outraced two veteran cornerbacks. He's a legitimate deep threat that will have to be accounted for. We need to have at least one on the roster.

I am encouraged that he was able to get so far behind the defenders. Get the timing down and Allen to Foster could be deadly.

should have laid-out for the one that was "out of his reach."   Like I said, he has all the talent, but the "extra effort" needed to win wasn't there.  Could be why he rode Saban's bench.  Only Daboll really knows.  

24 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

should have laid-out for the one that was "out of his reach."   Like I said, he has all the talent, but the "extra effort" needed to win wasn't there.  Could be why he rode Saban's bench.  Only Daboll really knows.  

Lay out on a 60 yrd pass running full speed? This isn’t Madden.

9 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I dont have Bama Hate. So What would be clouding mine again?? 

Numerous times gave up on routes, has been sliding down and down all camp. 

Since he put pads on he essentially has a hard time getting off the line. Has hands problems. Has been passed by other WRs clearly with them getting higher reps. 

He doesnt make the PS at this point if they had to make the cuts right now. He has alot of work to do before he even gets to PS. 

Hmm, he got the most reps of any WR.

12 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

I thought that all the QBs played well, and Teller, Ray-Ray, and Wallace helped themselves. Foster showed an ability to get behind the defense and made a good catch on the ball that drifted out of bounds, but he needs some work. Looks like a PS candidate.

People are really down on Foster after that game, but I agree with you.  The speed/ability to create separation can't be taught, the rest of it can be practiced/learned until it is second nature.  He is the ideal practice squad player-you hope he can learn to put his  athletic abilities to use, but if he doesn't you haven't invested a roster spot

Edited by berg1029

10 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Timing is different than not knowing what the hell you’re doing out there. He looked like he was trying to catch a ghost.

Zay mentoring him ?

7 hours ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

In defense of Foster, he did show that he could break open for a large majority of the game.

The drop on the curl is 100% on him, as is him stopping the run on the offsides penalty. Allen pointed the finger at himself for throwing an out instead of a comeback on another play, and his first deep ball was off, too. Allen also locked into Proehl on the play that should have yielded a flag, but Foster looked to be wide open over the middle from the replay angles. 

I'm sure everything we're saying here in regards to concentration and effort will be stressed more than enough from Daboll and Robiskie. He has a huge opportunity to rebound from this all the way until the fourth game wraps up. I'd be shocked and pissed if we cut him anytime soon without the chance to redeem himself.

Nice post

• Like (+1) 1

helped and hurt ?

was the subject was it not ?

Murphy stepped up. Lawson played better and with zeal and smarts.

( lane assignments )
KB showed a renewed vigor.

work in progress. Preseason is hard to judge as Coaches are doing their own thing with the plays and players.

54 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Lay out on a 60 yrd pass running full speed? This isn’t Madden.

Hmm, he got the most reps of any WR.

Which Means NOTHING for the last time. Tell me when he starts gettinf reps with the 1s or 2s. Seeing they will likely kee 6

10 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Which Means NOTHING for the last time. Tell me when he starts gettinf reps with the 1s or 2s. Seeing they will likely kee 6

Who do we have that has the speed to get behind a defense and outrun veteran CB's by 3 - 4 yrds?

He torched Kevin Seymour who is the Panthers starting RCB.

Get your facts right.

Edited by Sky Diver

12 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Who do we have that has the speed to get behind a defense and outrun veteran CB's by 3 - 4 yrds?

He torched Kevin Seymour who is the Panthers starting RCB.

Get your facts right.

4.37 speed. Guy they just traded for. 

So when he gets reps against twos and 1s talk to me. I have put my rankings of the WRs put there. So drop yours out here as well. 

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

4.37 speed. Guy they just traded for. 

So when he gets reps against twos and 1s talk to me. I have put my rankings of the WRs put there. So drop yours out here as well. 

Yeah, but does he play fast? Is he able to get off the line? You have seen him out run CBs by 3 - 4 yards? Maybe there is reason that the Browns gave him away. Foster demonstrated his game speed and his ability to separate twice. Football isn't a track race.

Foster torched a starter.First stringer with 4.39 speed.

Edited by Sky Diver

38 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Yeah, but does he play fast? Is he able to get off the line? You have seen him out run CBs by 3 - 4 yards? Maybe there is reason that the Browns gave him away. Foster demonstrated his game speed and his ability to separate twice. Football isn't a track race.

Foster torched a starter.First stringer with 4.39 speed.

Yes he does. Yes he is. Yes I have in real NFL games. 

So again waiting on your WR rankings. 

And the reason I say Foster hurt himseld is for two putting on tape that he quits on routes. And for any coach that right there is a HUGE down arrow 

Edited by MAJBobby

I look forward to pre-season game 2.  Hopefully Foster can step it up.  His speed, and Allens arm would really stretch opposing defenses.  He did quit on that bomb and then when he saw Allen throw it, he tried to catch up to it but it was too late.  The first Allen throw was out of bounds and Foster could have done nothing to catch it and stay in bounds.  It will be interesting to see what Coleman brings to the team.  I would like to see Foster on the practice squad if the Bills believe he can be developed.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So again waiting on your WR rankings 

And if he was so good, explain why the Browns gave him away for a future 7th rd pick.

3 more pre-season games to go. To early for rankings.

I think Foster has a chance to make the team as a gunner while they develop him as a WR. You can’t teach speed, and he has it.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Image result for Corey Coleman TD

Pfff. Foster had the two CBs beat by way more than that.

Just now, Sky Diver said:

And if he was so good, explain why the Browns gave him away for a future 7th rd pick.

3 more pre-season games to go. To early for rankings.

I think Foster has a chance to make the team as a gunner while they develop him as a WR. You can’t teach speed, and he has it.

Culture. New regime those things happen. See Dareus. 

So he has a chanceto make the team as a gunner. Why? Is he actually playing gunner? 

Right now he is fighting for a PS invite. And needs to show better than he is to climb out of it. 

Let's get real. I hope Coleman pans out, but he's not a slam dunk. With Allen's big arm, we need someone that can stretch the field. Foster has proved he can do it. Writing him off after one preseason game because a 60 yrs pass was just outside his reach doesn't make any sense.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/08/05/ap-source-browns-agree-to-trade-wr-corey-coleman-to-bills/37318509/

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Culture. New regime those things happen. See Dareus. 

So he has a chanceto make the team as a gunner. Why? Is he actually playing gunner? 

Right now he is fighting for a PS invite. And needs to show better than he is to climb out of it. 

Yes, he has played gunner with the first unit in practice. He's fighting for a roster spot, imo. If he cleans up some mistakes, I think he's in.

6 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Let's get real. I hope Coleman pans out, but he's not a slam dunk. With Allen's big arm, we need someone that can stretch the field. Foster has proved he can do it. Writing him off after one preseason game because a 60 yrs pass was just outside his reach doesn't make any sense.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/08/05/ap-source-browns-agree-to-trade-wr-corey-coleman-to-bills/37318509/

Yes, he has played gunner with the first unit in practice. He's fighting for a roster spot, imo. If he cleans up some mistakes, I think he's in.

So Foster has proven he can take the top off because of a Preseason game and camp. But Corey Coleman cant? Who has actually done it in REAL games. 

Show me the reports of him gunning the first team punt unit. Because i have not seen it when I went not seen it in PS game 1. 

I also notice you avoid his giving up on routes. 

Edited by MAJBobby

9 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

?? I didn't even see Foster on the field. Can you point him out for me?

Watch the video that shows all of Allen's throws.

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So Foster has proven he can take the top off because of a Preseason game and camp. But Corey Coleman cant? Who has actually done it in REAL games. 

Show me the reports of him gunning the first team punt unit. Because i have not seen it when I went not seen it in PS game 1. 

I also notice you avoid his giving up on routes. 

Search the camp notes. I don't know what Corey Coleman can do, but I have seen what Foster can do. You can fix mistakes, but you can't fix lack of speed.

Edited by Sky Diver

19 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Watch the video that shows all of Allen's throws.

Search the camp notes. I don't know what Corey Coleman can do, but I have seen what Foster can do. You can fix mistakes, but you can't fix lack of speed.

Well in that case. Foster’s 4.41 < Coleman’s 4.37. 

So guess that means Coleman is better. 

Did DiMarco play much? If he did I didn’t notice. That won’t hurt his stock because the only things I remember about him last year are short arming catch attempts and a fumble.  I hope Dabol is able to put him to good use because he doesn’t appear to be going anywhere.

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

Did DiMarco play much? If he did I didn’t notice. That won’t hurt his stock because the only things I remember about him last year are short arming catch attempts and a fumble.  I hope Dabol is able to put him to good use because he doesn’t appear to be going anywhere.

One of the interceptions blamed on Peterman bounced right off his hands.

Edited by Sky Diver

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Well in that case. Foster’s 4.41 < Coleman’s 4.37. 

So guess that means Coleman is better. 

With your accumen you clearly should be in an NFL front office.

Foster knows how to separate. It was on display Thursday.

He’s 6’2 195 you can see how his skills translate to gunner.

rofosterbang8a22.gif

Edited by Sky Diver

29 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

rofosterbang8a22.gif

You're right. Coleman has never gotten separation from a DB in a college scrimmage.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

You're right. Coleman has never gotten separation from a DB in a college scrimmage.

Confused. Did I say he hadn’t?

I hope Coleman makes the Hall of Fame.

I’m not sure how Coleman is germane to a discussion about Foster.

Edited by Sky Diver

34 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

rofosterbang8a22.gif

Best highlight of his career at Bama? 

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Confused. Did I say he hadn’t?

I hope Coleman makes the Hall of Fame.

I’m not sure how Coleman is germane to a discussion about Foster.

Coleman and all the OTHER WRs are Germane to this discussion because there are 6 spots. And in reality 1 or 2 up for grabs. 

What I do know is Foster is an UDFA and has a big hill to climb to make a roster 

19 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Coleman and all the OTHER WRs are Germane to this discussion because there are 6 spots. And in reality 1 or 2 up for grabs. 

What I do know is Foster is an UDFA and has a big hill to climb to make a roster 

I don't think he ever said Foster was going to make the 53.  He said he was practice squad material, which is reasonable for a player that hasn't completely put it together yet

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

So again waiting on your WR rankings. 

And the reason I say Foster hurt himseld is for two putting on tape that he quits on routes. And for any coach that right there is a HUGE down arrow 

That's why they rarely threw to him at Bama. Daboll gave him a shot and he struggled. I have no doubt Foster and Proehl will be among the first cuts...

1 hour ago, berg1029 said:

I don't think he ever said Foster was going to make the 53.  He said he was practice squad material, which is reasonable for a player that hasn't completely put it together yet

He just said he would make the roster as a gunner 

2 hours ago, berg1029 said:

Some people are just argumentative.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I was watching the Rookie, Teller at Guard and thought he looked solid.

I was remiss in not noticing him.

Sometimes i feel I should put more effort into creating a cheat sheet for player #s during preseason. I did look for Bodine...

But that's a lot of players to cover. 

I miss when commentators would tell at least a number for what player came in  and who trotted off the field,. Tv does not show subs very well if at all. One of the best parts of the game is studying packages via subbing in guys. 

Hoping to pay better attention Friday : )

Hope Teller raises his stock and quickly !

Lawson stood out to me and because he played well from what i watched/noticed

1 hour ago, Sky Diver said:

Some people are just argumentative.

No they aren't !!!!