Cardale starting tonight for Chargers

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Haplo848 said:

I can't argue.  I haven't seen too much of Rudolph or Jackson, though.  Is he still the worst if you include those two?

I was just talking about the top 4 QBs from this class. I didn't get a chance to see Jackson and Rudolph yet.

1 minute ago, Haplo848 said:

I've had enough of these announcers in the Chargers/Cardinals games.  They are such homers, they are having trouble recognizing basic things.  Like how a throw that forces the WR out of bounds, uncatchable, is not in fact a "great throw," a "very, very good throw," or a "really positive play."

Rosen is mostly accurate but he looks terrible under pressure. QBs that can't escape pressure and throw on the run don't last long in the modern NFL. I can see why NFL scouts didn't like Rosen as much as Mayfield, Darnold, and Allen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Chad Kelly has looked very good so far.  This Broncos and Vikings game is so much better than the Cardinals and Chargers.  That games has been awful.

Kyle Slotter looking good too.

Vikings and Broncos 3rd stringers look much better than Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Rosen is mostly accurate but he looks terrible under pressure. QBs that can't escape pressure and throw on the run don't last long in the modern NFL. I can see why NFL scouts didn't like Rosen as much as Mayfield, Darnold, and Allen.

I've been thinking similar things.  I'm now wondering how all the "we should have draft Rosen instead of Allen" people will react to this?

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Im listening to it on the radio

The posters that have been shoving "Rosen instead of Allen" are pretty silent here.......

Announcer's making a lot of excuses for Rosen......

I actually dont hate Josh Rosen and if he doesnt break in the NFL he could be a good QB but I totally understand why the bills took Allen

Just now, Haplo848 said:

I've been thinking similar things.  I'm now wondering how all the "we should have draft Rosen instead of Allen" people will react to this?

They'll be saying "we should have drafted Chad Kelly" instead.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, PIZ said:

They'll be saying "we should have drafted Chad Kelly" instead.

Actually there was a bunch of us that did want to take him the 7th last year.  Would have been a lottery ticket, but if you're gonna take a chance on a guy, he would have been a good one to have done it with.  Who knows how it will pan out, but he is the type of guy I like to take flyers on.  If it works, great, if not, it's a 7th and who cares.

Poor decision and throw there from Kelly.  Never should have thrown that one.  If you do, you have to make sure it gets to the outside where only your WR has a chance.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Haplo848 said:

One troll in particular has been pushing the narrative that we should have taken Rosen, and that Allen was bad in his debut because his completion percentage was below 50%. Now that Rosen ends the night 6 for 13 and a dropped pick six I'm guessing we won't be hearing from him this week. Hopefully.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

One troll in particular has been pushing the narrative that we should have taken Rosen, and that Allen was bad in his debut because his completion percentage was below 50%. Now that Rosen ends the night 6 for 13 and a dropped pick six I'm guessing we won't be hearing from him this week. Hopefully.

You talking about me? 

I'm looking forward to Allen playing with the second strings like the rest of the rookie QBs are.  I'm wondering how the comparison would have been with Allen vs the rest of them then.  At the very least he would have had an actual offensive line.

1 minute ago, Haplo848 said:

I'm looking forward to Allen playing with the second strings like the rest of the rookie QBs are.  I'm wondering how the comparison would have been with Allen vs the rest of them then.  At the very least he would have had an actual offensive line.

And he would be playing against better defenders too.

Just now, Fadingpain said:

And he would be playing against better defenders too.

That's fair.  But that's also the point.  I want to be able to make that comparison, instead of being forced to compare those performances with one where the third string Oline was a turnstile when it wasn't committing penalties.  

So the competition goes up?  Good.  I want to see how he reacts to that, if he can overcome it.  Does he connect on those deep balls if he has someone other than Robert "I'm too good to dive" Foster trying to catch them?  Has his footwork and mechanics improved?  It's a little hard to tell when he's scrambling all the time.  But his pocket presence was good, and there were definitely flashes of greatness there.

• Thank you (+1) 1