Cardale starting tonight for Chargers

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, Fred Clause said:

A lot of people here questioned his talent, a few thought he had what it takes...

I don’t remember anyone questioning his ability? His decision making on and off the field, combined with his health is why he got knocked way down the board. You been saw it the other night. He made some great plays with his arm and legs. Later Chad threw and INT and then threw a pick 6 that the DB dropped. A lot of good mixed with some bad. He’s miles ahead of Paxton Lynch though IMO. Chad can make plays.

On 8/11/2018 at 10:25 PM, Haplo848 said:

Oh jeez, I just realized Geno Smith had come in for the Chargers.  Geno's so bad he's backing up Cardale Jones?  If Rivers goes down, the Chargers season is over.

?   ?  ??  

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t remember anyone questioning his ability? His decision making on and off the field, combined with his health is why he got knocked way down the board. You been saw it the other night. He made some great plays with his arm and legs. Later Chad threw and INT and then threw a pick 6 that the DB dropped. A lot of good mixed with some bad. He’s miles ahead of Paxton Lynch though IMO. Chad can make plays.

...OUCH.....quite the "feel good story"......

Broncos fans start GoFundMe page to buy out Paxton Lynch’s contract

Posted 6:56 am, August 13, 2018, by Web Staff

DENVER — Broncos fans are fed up with 2016 first-round draft pick Paxton Lynch after he turned in another dismal performance during Saturday’s preseason game against the Minnesota Vikings.

Lynch completed only 6 of 11 passes for 24 yards and an interception in a 42-28 loss at Broncos Stadium at Mile High, with fans booing him off the field.

One fan has taken it to another level by starting a GoFundMe page to raise $600,000 in an effort to buy out Lynch’s contract.

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

DENVER — Broncos fans are fed up with 2016 first-round draft pick Paxton Lynch after he turned in another dismal performance during Saturday’s preseason game against the Minnesota Vikings.

Lynch completed only 6 of 11 passes for 24 yards and an interception in a 42-28 loss at Broncos Stadium at Mile High, with fans booing him off the field.

One fan has taken it to another level by starting a GoFundMe page to raise $600,000 in an effort to buy out Lynch’s contract.

It was that bad. I told my dad after the game that it was one of the worst performances that I’ve ever seen. The guy couldn’t have looked worse. 

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Woah - that’s absolutely brutal. 

I just turned the Chargers vs Seahawks game on so I’ve onyl seen it from the start of the 4th quarter. But it appears that Geno Smith has jumped Cardale Jones on the depth chart and in the battle for the 2nd string QB job? 

Cardale just came in for the 4th quarter.

I haven’t been following this backup QB battle at all, but the announcers are saying that this could be a make or break game for Cardale, and that Ken Whisenhunt needs to see him clean up a lot of things + show he can run this offense. 

It sounds like his roster spot could be in jeopardy, unless they decide to keep 3 QBs. 

On 8/11/2018 at 11:41 PM, Haplo848 said:

I've been thinking similar things.  I'm now wondering how all the "we should have draft Rosen instead of Allen" people will react to this?

I will happily eat crow!

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I just turned the Chargers vs Seahawks game on so I’ve onyl seen it from the start of the 4th quarter. But it appears that Geno Smith has jumped Cardale Jones on the depth chart and in the battle for the 2nd string QB job? 

The only thing surprising there is that Smith (or anyone) had to jump Jones on the depth chart.

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

The only thing surprising there is that Smith (or anyone) had to jump Jones on the depth chart.

I assumed Geno was the backup so was surprised to see Cardale start last week. Maybe they just wanted to give him a chance to prove himself since Phil gets all the #1 snaps in camp. And he didn’t.

• Like (+1) 1