Tremaine Edmunds played light & tight

Punt75

Edwards is supposed to be out MLB of the future.  He physically looks like a kid in the NFL.  He was pushed around and made just one tackle in the game.  Speed and aggressive play is great but when you can't muscle up and make plays it's bad news.  I didn't like his game at all against a real NFL offense.

• Like (+1) 3

On 8/9/2018 at 10:43 PM, Fadingpain said:

Yep.  He's 20 and everything is new for him right now.

Turned 20 not too long ago. By the time he can purchase a beer, I think he’ll be a beast. Relax, folks. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

He had a bad game for sure.  Was out of position a few times and completely whiffed on a tackle but it's way too early to even worry about it at this point.  It's called Growing Pains...Walter Payton's first game in the NFL he played awful to the point he was in tears afterwards. So let's not panic just yet.

• Like (+1) 1

Today might've just not been his day, but all reports from national media members have said he's been looking insanely impressive in camp so far.

And he isn't even as small as some other linebackers we've signed or drafted. Just a few guys I can think of, Matt Milano is 6'0 & 230 lbs, Kiko Alonzo was 6'3 & 238 lbs, Manny Lawson was 6'5 & 240 lbs, while Edwards is 6'5 & 250 lbs.

He's definitely going to put on some size, so I'm not too worried yet.

I think it's fair to say he didn't look great today.  Those who point out his youth are also correct.  It's not shocking to see him play a bit tentatively in his first action against another team.  If he's playing that way in a couple weeks, I'll be a little more nervous about it.  In the mean time, I'm guessing the coaches will be on him about this.

• Like (+1) 2