Poll Finds 43% of Republicans Are Treasonous & UnAmerican

3 hours ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Good and bad on both sides. The liberals are evil and republicans are perfect and vice versa is such crap. Its why I choose to be independent. I am giving strong consideration to voting anything but republican this fall however. You hard core republicans can thank Trump for that. Im sure Im not the only one thinking that way.

Glad your amused Rhino. Got a feeling you wont be laughing in November.

He'll still be laughing.  He's an absurdist; he's laughing no matter who's in office.

3 hours ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Good and bad on both sides. The liberals are evil and republicans are perfect and vice versa is such crap. Its why I choose to be independent. I am giving strong consideration to voting anything but republican this fall however. You hard core republicans can thank Trump for that. Im sure Im not the only one thinking that way.

Glad your amused Rhino. Got a feeling you wont be laughing in November.

It amuses me when people make asses of themselves willingly and without compunction. It also amuses me that you think you understand my positions when you admitted earlier you haven't (and won't) read my stuff.

Shockingly to all I'm sure, you're wrong. You'll still be an asshat in November and I'll still find that funny.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 8/7/2018 at 9:59 PM, Doc Brown said:

It's buried in the article. 

And virtually everyone (85 percent of respondents) believed that “freedom of the press is essential for American democracy” (compared to 4 percent opposed to that statement).

That is a very odd piece of data, because if you are part of the 43% that think Trump should have the power to censor the press than you are effectively believing in ending freedom of the press in a very major capacity. So it just doesn't make sense to me that 43% of people would want a person in the highest level of government office to be able to censor the press an institution which you believe is essential for American democracy. 

It just seems like the two ideas are very much at odds with each other. 

Just now, billsfan89 said:

That is a very odd piece of data, because if you are part of the 43% that think Trump should have the power to censor the press than you are effectively believing in ending freedom of the press in a very major capacity. So it just doesn't make sense to me that 43% of people would want a person in the highest level of government office to be able to censor the press an institution which you believe is essential for American democracy. 

You are correct.

That is because the poll is sh*t...............and the title conclusion even worse..................it is just another lame attempt to troll Americans

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

You are correct.

That is because the poll is sh*t...............and the title conclusion even worse..................it is just another lame attempt to troll Americans

It wouldn't shock me to think that a significant minority of Republicans would want Trump to have that sort of power. Is it 43%? I don't know, that poll was just one piece of data. You need to do much more polling with more conclusive methods to come to an honest answer or at least one that is more accurate. But Trump does have a weird cult of personality that unlike other past pols who have had similarly devoted fanbases are very conspiratorially minded. That aspect of conspiracy and isolation (Everyone but Trump is a part of the Deep State) makes me very concerned. 

There are some Trump supporters who genuinely believe the entire government, media, world governments and basically anyone who isn't supporting him is part of a global conspiracy against him. I understand fully that it isn't a large legion of Trump supporters but it isn't that small of a group either. 

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

It wouldn't shock me to think that a significant minority of Republicans would want Trump to have that sort of power. Is it 43%?

I'd be shocked if that number was more than Democrats wanting a Democratic president to have that power.  

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I'd be shocked if that number was more than Democrats wanting a Democratic president to have that power.  

I don't know if that assertion is true. Only because Trump has gone after the media much harder than any president has in modern history. Trump has repeatedly told his base of rabid followers the media is the enemy and constantly lying about him. Conservatives also have a natural instinct to believe that most of the media has a liberal bias so the narrative is tapping into a long-standing belief.

Are there Dems who would want a Dem to have that power? Yes, there are a chunk of Dems that are Authoritarian cunts. But I don't think that it is as high as the current Trump base whose leader is actively telling them how much the media is the enemy.  

10 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I don't know if that assertion is true. Only because Trump has gone after the media much harder than any president has in modern history. Trump has repeatedly told his base of rabid followers the media is the enemy and constantly lying about him. Conservatives also have a natural instinct to believe that most of the media has a liberal bias so the narrative is tapping into a long-standing belief.

Are there Dems who would want a Dem to have that power? Yes, there are a chunk of Dems that are Authoritarian cunts. But I don't think that it is as high as the current Trump base whose leader is actively telling them how much the media is the enemy.  

To clarify, because the distinction matters greatly, Trump has never said the media is the enemy of the people. He's said the fake news is an enemy of the people. An important distinction that is never made or clarified because of course almost everyone regardless of partisanship would agree with that statement: fake news is dangerous and has lead us down dark paths. Remember WMD in Iraq for an example, or the NSA isn't spying on Americans. 

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

To clarify, because the distinction matters greatly, Trump has never said the media is the enemy of the people. He's said the fake news is an enemy of the people. An important distinction that is never made or clarified because of course almost everyone regardless of partisanship would agree with that statement: fake news is dangerous and has lead us down dark paths. Remember WMD in Iraq for an example, or the NSA isn't spying on Americans. 

The issue to me is that Trump has gone after any sort of reporting that is negative about him as "Fake News." It's not as though Trump has taken this aggressive stance with nuance. He has generated a very hostile and conspiratorial attitude towards the media in general one that I think his rabid base has taken to. 

Edited by billsfan89

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

There are some Trump supporters who genuinely believe the entire government, media, world governments and basically anyone who isn't supporting him is part of a global conspiracy against him. I understand fully that it isn't a large legion of Trump supporters but it isn't that small of a group either. 

None of that really means anything beyond the fact that we're trying to elevate a very small group of people and assign their craziness to all Trump supporters.

5 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The issue to me is that Trump has gone after any sort of reporting that is negative about him as "Fake News." It's not as though Trump has taken this aggressive stance with nuance. He has generated a very hostile and conspiratorial attitude towards the media in general one that I think his rabid base has taken to. 

No one with even a shred of discernment should be able to watch CNN and not realize they deserve every dump of schitt that Trump throws at them. They have, remarkably,  become the poster child of the unhinged left. They're MSNBC with an audience, and Jim Acosta is their Ed Shultz. It is virtually unwatchable now.

8 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

None of that really means anything beyond the fact that we're trying to elevate a very small group of people and assign their craziness to all Trump supporters.

No one with even a shred of discernment should be able to watch CNN and not realize they deserve every dump of schitt that Trump throws at them. They have, remarkably,  become the poster child of the unhinged left. They're MSNBC with an audience, and Jim Acosta is their Ed Shultz. It is virtually unwatchable now.

I want to be clear I never said that it was all Trump supporters, I said a minority but a significant minority. Trump has a rabid core fanbase and his reaction to any criticism legitimate or exaggerated is to proclaim it "Fake News" I think within his most diehard supporters Trump has created a sort of us vs. them attitude towards the media that can lead to a view that is authoritarian.

I am not going to pretend that CNN or any other news outlet is beyond reproach or criticism but there is a lot of legitimate hard news that comes out of any news agency whose commentary you might view as biased. It's not as though Trump is just going after one outlet either. 

Is the GOP only 43% Zionist?

I thought it was more, but the other 57% is probably under the impression the GOP is still the same party it was prior to 1998.

It is NOT.

The "post 1998 GOP" only cares about one thing = ISRAEL

On 8/8/2018 at 12:19 PM, B-Man said:

Well, I see the dude is still trying to defend this asinine poll............:lol:

the funniest part is his deflection to his vast knowledge of military history....................which (of course) "aint got nothing to do with it"

his original post, and the hilariously worded thread title are what this is supposed to be about.

Since it is bogus and indefensible........................we get his rant against lower white trash and calling those who point out his (obvious) mistakes a "douche"

just another day in "lala land"

:flirt:

Id like to see the process by which they ran and concluded this poll. But my point was NEVER to present this pole as science. I used to let Trump supporters know they champion a coward whos unworthy of his office. The only reason i can logicaly conclude they support the jackass is because they dont know better. 

I think the logic that ‘you CANNOT be Commander in Chief if you committed treason’ is as sound as ‘you cant work at a daycare if youre a sex offender.’ 

Dodging the draft is treason and i advocate for decimation and forced conscription for all whom have dodged the draft. That includes Bill Clinton (this was once a topic “conservatives” cared about when Clinton was in office, weird) George W. Bush, and Mitt Romney. 

My values are my values. 

Im a conservative, but youll hear me sing the praises of the wartime valor of JFK. 

Every Thursday in the 101st is “road march” day. Every Thursday i would have bloody feet. When we got desert boots, id routinely bleed through them. But i kept walkin. I handled my feet like a man. Something the Donald didnt do. 

I despise the man and i despise his supporters who can always be seen waving the flag of the country Donald never served (and hes not serving now, my god the vacations at Trump resorts).

Edited by The_Dude

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Im a conservative

FALSE

You are a Zionist Traitor who will do and say anything to cover up the truth that Israel was behind 911.

You also voted for Bill Clinton in 1992, just like Dick Morris, for the same reason....

15 minutes ago, LaDexter said:

FALSE

You are a Zionist Traitor who will do and say anything to cover up the truth that Israel was behind 911.

You also voted for Bill Clinton in 1992, just like Dick Morris, for the same reason....

....I was 8 in 92. 

5 hours ago, The_Dude said:

....I was 8 in 92. 

Forget it.  LaDexter calling you a Zionist Traitor is like me calling you an idiot.  Virtually meaningless, and practically a badge of honor.  

(But you really are a !@#$ing idiot.)

8 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

:beer: 

I understand that point, sincerely, and Trump brings a lot of it on himself at times by being too verbose. No doubt. 

But it is an important distinction which he does make each time - and much of the coverage never differentiates the two points. I don't say that to defend Trump, I say that to point out the escalation in rhetoric continues to be inflamed by the (largely) corporate media. It makes me wonder why they're so desperate to escalate/manipulate/pray upon people's base emotions (because without that distinction it is a horrifying thing for a President to say repeatedly - with it, it's blunt/uncouth). See, that sounds conspiratorial to someone who has heard, on repeat for months, that Trump is actually saying the horrifying version of the statement. But if you step back and think about just that important distinction, and why the "media" would be seeking to inflame a situation about already inflammatory rhetoric, it's a completely valid thing to ask. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I want to be clear I never said that it was all Trump supporters, I said a minority but a significant minority. Trump has a rabid core fanbase and his reaction to any criticism legitimate or exaggerated is to proclaim it "Fake News" I think within his most diehard supporters Trump has created a sort of us vs. them attitude towards the media that can lead to a view that is authoritarian.

I am not going to pretend that CNN or any other news outlet is beyond reproach or criticism but there is a lot of legitimate hard news that comes out of any news agency whose commentary you might view as biased. It's not as though Trump is just going after one outlet either. 

Good points.

with the widening of media options that was unthinkable even 10 years ago we have an increase in public opinion channels and an isolation of people to the view that they want to hear

This has led to increased coarseness and a reduction in civility all around

if one is fed up then they are feee to drop out and recover, even a day away from it can help 

17 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

43% of Republicans think that Trump should have the power to censor the press.  85% of those surveyed (Republicans, Dems, Independents) believed a free press is necessary.  This poll oversampled Republicans at 36% of respondents.  Even so, 43% of the 36% of Republicans is right around 15%.  There's been people on here that think Trump should be able to kick some news networks out that have had a press pass for a long time so the 43% isn't hugely surprising (although it's probably lower than that given the way the questions were worded).  Having said that, this is a purposely slanted poll to paint Republicans in a bad light.

Edited by Doc Brown